Yash Chopra said he wanted to launch Aishwarya Rai first in Bollywood

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Watch his interview:

I screen tested Aishwarya first, says Yash Chopra.

https://youtu.be/9s-FaRYN9hw?t=541

Sad that he couldn't work with her in Veer Zaara. I always knew this role of Zaara was only for Aishwarya but Yash Chopra compromised it with Preity Zinta because of SRK's fight with Ash. 😡

Aishwarya Rai: Yash Chopra is one of the main reasons why Im in Bollywood.

https://youtu.be/2FtRGLfaUhA

Edited by Mugda - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

YourCat thumbnail

That bobby deol movie was billion times better 

Edited by Lalakhun1 - 3 years ago
.KISS-my-ASS. thumbnail

So,What's the point now ? She had her time and is now living a semi retired life 

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

She was original choice for Veer Zaara. That's the point.

kites_and_stars thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Did Yash Chopra really say that or is it one of the old lies created by Aishwarya that all directors in the world wanted to launch her but that never happened because of one reason or another. This sounds like the story Ash created in 90s and has been spreading through her PR since decades. Every few months her PR brings these old stories to keep her relevant.

If Yash Chopra wanted to launch her, then why didn't he? In 90s, he gave all the nice famous roles to Karishma, Madhuri, Juhi, and Kajol while Ash made a flop forgettable debut in 1997 in a side role in a Tamil movie.

Yash Chopra screen tested Aishwarya first and still didn't offer her a role. Haha. She must have done really bad. She must have failed the screen test and Yash Chopra didn't offer her a movie. Aishwarya had to wait until 2007 when she became Abhishek Bachchan's girlfriend and then played her cards to get a central role in Dhoom 2 through Abhishek. The weird item song she did with her boyfriend and his daddy was in a Rani Mukherjee movie. Mohabbetein was a brief cameo among three new comer girls who were launched with much fanfare.

Compromised? Veer Zara was made for Preity Zinta (good that Ash didn't do it, her overacting would have ruined the movie). Preity was in Karan Johar and Yash Chopra camps, Ash was not and still is not. Ash was not the original choice but she says she was just like she says she is the original choice of all movies around the world. All movies are offered to her first and only when she rejects (because of a silly excuse), then the movie goes to other actresses. Ash has been saying since 90s that all directors have been lining outside her house every morning to sign her but none of those movies ever materialized (she has many excuses about why those movies never materialized). We've been reading and hearing this old, repetitive story since 90s. 

Come to the recent times....Ash has been a flop since 2010 (she had 4 movies released in 2010 and 3 flopped, one was hit because of Rajnikanth). All her 3 comeback efforts since 2015 have been flops. She seems desperate to get a good movie but seems like no one wants to work with her. Kajol, Rani, Kareena, Tabu, even Madhuri and Juhi are getting movies. Ash has only one Ponniyin Selvan, let's see how long her cameo in Ponniyin Selvan is! 

Edited by kites_and_stars - 3 years ago
kites_and_stars thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Even Mother India, Sholay, Mughal-e-Azam were offered to Ash! She was the original choice for all these movies. 

But she was not born then, so the producers and directors were forced to settle for lessor actors.

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: kites_and_stars

Did Yash Chopra really say that or is it one of the old lies created by Aishwarya that all directors in the world wanted to launch her but that never happened because of one reason or another. This sounds like the story Ash created in 90s and has been spreading through her PR since decades. Every few months her PR brings these old stories to keep her relevant.

If Yash Chopra wanted to launch her, then why didn't he? In 90s, he gave all the nice famous roles to Karishma, Madhuri, Juhi, and Kajol while Ash made a flop forgettable debut in 1997 in a side role in a Tamil movie.

Yash Chopra screen tested Aishwarya first and still didn't offer her a role. Haha. She must have done really bad. She must have failed the screen test and Yash Chopra didn't offer her a movie. Aishwarya had to wait until 2007 when she became Abhishek Bachchan's girlfriend and then played her cards to get a central role in Dhoom 2 through Abhishek. The weird item song she did with her boyfriend and his daddy was in a Rani Mukherjee movie. Mohabbetein was a brief cameo among three new comer girls who were launched with much fanfare.

Compromised? Veer Zara was made for Preity Zinta (good that Ash didn't do it, her overacting would have ruined the movie). Preity was in Karan Johar and Yash Chopra camps, Ash was not and still is not. Ash was not the original choice but she says she was just like she says she is the original choice of all movies around the world. All movies are offered to her first and only when she rejects (because of a silly excuse), then the movie goes to other actresses. Ash has been saying since 90s that all directors have been lining outside her house every morning to sign her but none of those movies ever materialized (she has many excuses about why those movies never materialized). We've been reading and hearing this old, repetitive story since 90s. 

Come to the recent times....Ash has been a flop since 2010 (she had 4 movies released in 2010 and 3 flopped, one was hit because of Rajnikanth). All her 3 comeback efforts since 2015 have been flops. She seems desperate to get a good movie but seems like no one wants to work with her. Kajol, Rani, Kareena, Tabu, even Madhuri and Juhi are getting movies. Ash has only one Ponniyin Selvan, let's see how long her cameo in Ponniyin Selvan is! 

Good to see another member not into the Aishwarya Rai craze this forum seems to have - she was such a bad actress and was mediocre at her best, spoiled a bunch of movies with her overacting.

I do not even find her that beautiful 😐

Priety was excellent in Veer Zaara. I can only cringe while imagining what overacting Aish would have done in the Hum Toh Bhai Jaise Hain song *shudder*

Thatgirl16 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

I might love Aish all I want but can't deny Preity as Zaara is ♥️.

Aya tere dar pe deewana n Preity running to Shah ♥️

Sorein thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

I find it disgusting when directors or actors do that. This happened ages ago and Preity didn’t steal the role and did an amazing job. It’s absolutely pointless for each party involved.

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Aishwarya the most beautiful actress in Bollywood and she is the best dancer also but I am so happy that she turned down most of the movies she turned down because those actresses that replaced her knows how to act better than her whether it’s Rani or preity or any actress. Aishwarya couldn’t act at all in her previous days but when she became older is when she learned how to act. But anyways Aish had an amazing debut movie with Bobby, both good looking and she looked gorgeous and danced like a dream. Bobby looked good, I wonder if they dated. Hot pair