Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Reason Ranbir is around despite multiple flops is directors/producers still see in him the potential for blockbusters with the right script. RK is no Fahad Faasil or Rajkumar Rao, but in current BW, Ranbir can actually deliver an acceptable performance. So I wouldn't discount him. In fact, his forthcoming films look promising. I dislike Luv Ranjan movies, but he does churn out hits. Same for Animal. Sadly, Brahmastra doesn't carry the smell of success to it. Shamshera should be a departure from the tried and tested, too. 

In return for RK mockery, Ranveer gets mocked with claims most his hits were with wife and godfather. People forget he didn't get the movies because of wife or godfather. He acted in those moves and wooed his wife in the process. SLB became RS's godfather AFTER RamLeela. You could also say SLB hasn't had any recent hits without RS-DP. Or that DP hasn't had any recent hits without RS and SLB. Bottmline: Ranveer was as responsible for those hits as the other two. No one gave him charity for it. Jayeshbhai, 83, Cirkus should establish him further.

Ayushman is an average actor with great script sense. I think he has potential for growth. One of the bad things current audience does to performers is expect perfection from the get-go. There is no room allowed for learning. Article 15 and Andhadhun showed Ayushman can do different roles. I don't know his upcoming movies but hope he continues to bring entertainers to us, along with some social messaging. And I hope those successes allow him space to experiment.

These three not the only people who're in BW's future. As already mentioned, Rajkumar Rao is not going anywhere. Nor are the likes of Tiger Shroff and Varun Dhawan. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ennuyi

Ranveer is the most overrated one here. Remove his wife and godfather from his filmography and he was like 1 hit film. No wonder investors ran away when they heard the budget of Takht ðŸ˜† now doing a low budget Romcom with new bestie. 

that guy actually has carried padmavati movie . Even Aditi rao has put deepika to shame in the movie . Simmba movie collection did more than 2 times of a Deepika’s hit movie .

Ranveer is totally on his own ... has always been . He bullshits about his wife being bigger star but the reality is different .  Just because he puts up an act like joker he is not a joke . 

I thought chappak opening should have brought some reality check . SLB was mocked endlessly until Ram Leela became a hit . it was literally his resurrection. Gullyboy totally worked on Ranveer’s name ...that movie sucked it still did 150 cr .

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: pali001

that guy actually has carried padmavati movie . Even Aditi rao has put deepika to shame in the movie . Simmba movie collection did more than 2 times of a Deepika’s hit movie .

Ranveer is totally on his own ... has always been . He bullshits about his wife being bigger star but the reality is different .  Just because he puts up an act like joker he is not a joke . 

I thought chappak opening should have brought some reality check . SLB was mocked endlessly until Ram Leela became a hit . it was literally his resurrection. Gullyboy totally worked on Ranveer’s name ...that movie sucked it still did 150 cr .

Gullyboy didn't "suck". It was a well-made movie, maybe not the best movie of 2019, but still a very good movie. It had the trope of the rise of the underdog which meant it would have been a success nevertheless - it's the most cliched yet most popular trope in cinematic history. Also, it's a film about music which means Indians would have fallen in love with it regardless. 

Ranveer has star power, I'm not denying that. But to take away a film's artistic merit and say it worked only because of Ranveer is unfair.

pali001 thumbnail

Ayushman and Rajkumar Rao are at same level. They are not mainstream but a notch down.They dont even do high budget movies.

If anything Ranbir-Ranveer are playing a level field...Ayushman has nothing in common with these two.

pali001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Gullyboy didn't "suck". It was a well-made movie, maybe not the best movie of 2019, but still a very good movie. It had the trope of the rise of the underdog which meant it would have been a success nevertheless - it's the most cliched yet most popular trope in cinematic history. Also, it's a film about music which means Indians would have fallen in love with it regardless. 

Ranveer has star power, I'm not denying that. But to take away a film's artistic merit and say it worked only because of Ranveer is unfair.

I know nothing of art but, if this movie is displaying artistic merit then ... I respect art itself a little less.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Ayushman and Rajkumar Rao are at same level. They are not mainstream but a notch down.They dont even do high budget movies.

If anything Ranbir-Ranveer are playing a level field...Ayushman has nothing in common with these two.

No they are not. What you said about being mainstream but a notch down suits Rajkumar Rao, not Ayushmann. Ayushmann has a track record of 6 successive hits which even Ranbir and Ranveer don't have.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/ayushmann-khurrana-from-vicky-donor-to-andhadhun-article-15-and-bala-how-he-became-bollywood-s-unlikely-hit-machine/story-qL59Ns09u5LjNpSbrX92tK.html

We all have our biases but let's stick to statistics.

However, I agree with you in terms of star power Ranbir>Ranveer>Ayushmann

HearMeRoar thumbnail

@Bold No. Padmavati was a ridiculous movie, but it worked because of the same SLB-DP-RS combo. 

@Red. No. He, like everyone else, has had help. He debuted with YRF, for God's sake. You could prob say Ayushman or Rajkumar Rao came this far *mostly* on their own, not Ranveer. And that is all right. It would be idiotic to say no to offered help.

@Blue. In all 3, SLB films, she was the bigger star.  Given the male dominance of BW, he will no doubt be bigger going forward, but there is no question DP had more pull as a star thus far. As a combo, they have more star power than the sum of the two of them. That is the reason producers pay mightily to have her do the cameos in 83 and Cirkus rather than paying a relative unknown 1/100th as much.

@Green. Gullyboy was a decent movie. It would've worked with any A-lister actor, not just RS.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

It's all about RoI. Ayushman has delivered, and the other two haven't. It would in fact put him a notch ABOVE RK/RS. The buzz around AK is not as much, but that's a PR game, not dollars and cents.

pali001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

No they are not. What you said about being mainstream but a notch down suits Rajkumar Rao, not Ayushmann. Ayushmann has a track record of 6 successive hits which even Ranbir and Ranveer don't have.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/ayushmann-khurrana-from-vicky-donor-to-andhadhun-article-15-and-bala-how-he-became-bollywood-s-unlikely-hit-machine/story-qL59Ns09u5LjNpSbrX92tK.html

We all have our biases but let's stick to statistics.

However, I agree with you in terms of star power Ranbir>Ranveer>Ayushmann

I have no bias. I like/dislike them all equally. Ayushman movies work because of the budget . His highest grossing is 140cr considered a big hit. Ranbir-Ranveer's movie budgets are around this much.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I have no bias. I like/dislike them all equally. Ayushman movies work because of the budget . His highest grossing is 140cr considered a big hit. Ranbir-Ranveer's movie budgets are around this much.

Ayushmans string of hits was stopped no ?