Are Trp The Only Criteria To Judge A Show's Story Good, Bad Or Boring?

Iya10again thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

IMMJ 2's opening trps was 0.9, then 1.0,1.1,1.2 and continue to 1.7 which everyone praised. But when it's trps was low initially, I don't find story was bad or boring. Initial storylines was very good but I don't liked revenge track storylines, though that times trps was better than now and I find current storylines are better than revenge track and it's deserves those revenge track 1.4, 1.3 trps and more than that. So now IMMJ 2's trps are 1.1 from last few weeks after decreasing from revenge track but it's stable after decreasing and neither it's increasing nor decreasing. So what does it's means? Story Is good, bad or boring. Many are saying trps aren't increasing because it's boring now. So that's means trps are only criteria to judge a show's story? I don't think so. There are many high rated trp shows which are going on from years but is there storylines are really good? I find some of their storylines are going round and round still they are getting trps don't know how. On the other sides many new shows with good storylines coming and going because of low trps. So I don't think that trps are the only criteria for Judged a show's story being good, bad or boring.

Edited by S10DOT2 - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sense9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

No, TRPs are not and shouldnt be the *only* criteria for judging a show. Idk why channels are so hellbent on using it as the only yardstick.

Drna7 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I agree with you... These things are in my mind too.

I want to say this to some shows viewers.🀭

https://twitter.com/Under_d_Cloud/status/1347860084844494854?s=20 

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I liked this show...they roasted ITV in an ITV.😁

kuhelidebbarma thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Trp is not the only factor which decides the show's popularity..but there are other factors too.

But these days even online viewers and India Forums people (who are very loyal) are bored with this show...all these has happened due to repeatition of old tracks..and Vansh's aura getting lost

annapooranim98 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

No

Not at all

Trp cannot judge quality of a show.

Though our show messed up,still it is the best according to me(I am watching 3 popular shows currently).

This track is going good nd deserves a higher rating.

But then at the end of the day ,IT IS BUISNESS.

They need to earn profit,so trp is needed.

Iya10again thumbnail

Originally posted by: kuhelidebbarma

Trp is not the only factor which decides the show's popularity..but there are other factors too.

But these days even online viewers and India Forums people (who are very loyal) are bored with this show...all these has happened due to repeatition of old tracks..and Vansh's aura getting lost

I disagree with online viewership and IF forums things. IMMJ 2 still in top on daily discussion with 1200+ points except BB which is a 7 days show with weekend and will end soon. About online trps, IMMJ 2 is in top10 now mostly, though earlier it's used to be 11,12,13 mostly when tv trps was 1.5+ and more. So trps are less than earlier on TV now but online IMMJ 2 is still most popular and in IF also most discussing daily show above all daily shows.

Nephy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Drna

I agree with you... These things are in my mind too.

I want to say this to some shows viewers.🀭

https://twitter.com/Under_d_Cloud/status/1347860084844494854?s=20 

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I liked this show...they roasted ITV in an ITV.😁

Are ye to mein hu....🀣🀣🀣🀣

Meine saari umar aas pass ke logo ko ye hi samjhane ki koshish ki haiπŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Dialogues...πŸ‘πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

Alag baat hai ki fir meri life mein immj aa gyaπŸ˜›

Yaar pls btana kiski clips hai ye..🀣Aisa koi show bhi bna hai yahan...vishwas nhi ho rha mujhe....

Edited by Nephy - 3 years ago
Nephy thumbnail

TRP is the criteria to judge right now if we see..

But it should not be only criteria....upgradation in that matter required.And I am generally talking not in particular with this serial.

Iya10again thumbnail

Originally posted by: annapooranim98

No

Not at all

Trp cannot judge quality of a show.

Though our show messed up,still it is the best according to me(I am watching 3 popular shows currently).

This track is going good nd deserves a higher rating.

But then at the end of the day ,IT IS BUISNESS.

They need to earn profit,so trp is needed.

I don't find tv trps calculations are relatable. How come some shows with same things getting trps from years? A show's sustain should consider by its performance on all platforms. There are many high rated shows whom people not even talk, then how come it's making impact on audiences? Those shows whose are forcing audiences to discuss about it on every platforms are getting less trps than non discussing high rated shows, are really illogical to me. So I blame the systems for judging the shows only from tv trps and don't think it's most of the audiences judging. Overall I find the tv trps systems are incorrect.

Drna7 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nephy

Are ye to mein hu....🀣🀣🀣🀣

Meine saari umar aas pass ke logo ko ye hi samjhane ki koshish ki haiπŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Dialogues...πŸ‘πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

Alag baat hai ki fir meri life mein immj aa gyaπŸ˜›

Yaar pls btana kiski clips hai ye..🀣Aisa koi show bhi bna hai yahan...vishwas nhi ho rha mujhe....

Kahan hum kahan tum. 2019-20.

It was a nice show with different concept of a tv actress and a doctor's love story. But it lost its plot and then ended abruptly πŸ˜”πŸ˜” You can watch it on Hotstar.