Witcher thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

So I ordered Besan ka laddu for the first time and I am eagerly waiting for it. Is there a big difference between besan ka laddu and besan ka halwa which Aly made today? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dqno1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Witcher

So I ordered Besan ka laddu for the first time and I am eagerly waiting for it. Is there a big difference between besan ka laddu and besan ka halwa which Aly made today? 

yes

but both are delicious

ladu is more for nashta where as halwa is more loose so it can be part of lunch and dinner; at least in my home

Witcher thumbnail

Does ladu also have ghee in the ingredients? πŸ™ˆ

Aly was saying something about ghee in the halwa which would make the halwa more tasty

Thanks πŸ™ 

Originally posted by: dqno1

yes

but both are delicious

ladu is more for nashta where as halwa is more loose so it can be part of lunch and dinner; at least in my home

LoveMira thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I'm not sure but this post of yours makes me want to try it too. Let me know how it is. 

I thought that Besan ka laddu was just besan ka halwa rolled into a ball. I can be wrong. β˜ΊοΈ

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

After so much negativity in the forum, I thought this post would  be about calling someone besan ka halwa metaphorically πŸ˜†

dqno1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Does ladu also have ghee in the ingredients? πŸ™ˆ

Aly was saying something about ghee in the halwa which would make the halwa more tasty

Thanks πŸ™ 

yes most moms make halwa with a lot of ghee to roast the besan, even mine

she also adds chopped dryfruits in the ghee, it tastes yum

I can't believe we are discussing halwa but Aly ne banaya hoga toh accha hi hoga

wo ladka khane ke mamle mein aur coffee ke mamle mein dil se bolta haiπŸ˜†

Witcher thumbnail

I just saw it today so I ordered what was available. I have heard about it before in movies and tv shows but I never tried it.

I actually have a list in mind what I want to try like laddu, pani puri, bhel puri, the round white/silver ball that Hritik loved in KKKG etc...

Will definitely let you know about besan ka halwa

Witcher thumbnail

Would that be an insult or an compliment like you are so sweet like besan ka halwa or as soft as besan ja halwa?

Originally posted by: bollyqueen0

After so much negativity in the forum, I thought this post would  be about calling someone besan ka halwa metaphorically πŸ˜†

Edited by Witcher - 3 years ago
locopoco thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Would that be an insult or an compliment like you are so sweet like besan ka halwa or as soft as besan ja halwa?

I dont think any kind of halwa can be insult. (Other than goo ka mentioned by Nikki).

GumnaamHaiKoii thumbnail

Idk how Aly made it πŸ˜‚

But my mom makes Besan Ka laddo quite often tbh πŸ˜‚ 

And I'm just telling you what I have observed so far πŸ˜…

For besan ka laddo

You just have to put in ghee in pan (kadai) and roast gram flour, add sugar and stir the mix nicely (to avoid unnecessary clumps or overcooked/burnt chunks )

Stirring the mix is the only though job involved

And then you roll the mix up like balls (while they're warm πŸ˜³) - that's what makes it a laddoπŸ˜†

(For besan ka halwa)

On the other hand , you just have to add hot/warm milk to this  roasted Gram flour mix (in intervals- so that it doesn't clump) and stir it 

That's the halwaπŸ˜†

And yes , its pure ghee that's makes it tasty - the most essential ingredient

Only difference I feel in Besan Ka Laddo and Halwa is - You can preserve laddo for lil longer while halwa is ideally consumed on the same day (because of the milk ig)

They're both delicious though πŸ˜‹, you just have to get right kind of gram flour n Ghee - then you're sorted😎 (also stir it nicelyπŸ˜†)

P.S you weren't asking for Recipe, were you ? πŸ˜†

But i said it anyways, for more clarityπŸ˜† 

Edited by Radiant_Eyes_ - 3 years ago