Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Arunita-Nachiket and Sayli-Ashish were the best today. Undoubtedly! Truly Mausam Badal Diya!!

Unfortunately Sireesha did not get to shine because they paired her with SMP...who has only one style of singing. Today showed her limitations. Atleast there was no mausam badal diya.

Same applied to Nihal-Pawandeep. When they sang Naa Jaa Kahin Ab Naa Jaa I could only remember Ankush's performance from the grand finale...Nihal ruined my favourite song today urgh.

Sawai and Anjali are also getting much better now...learning to emote etc more. Danish is a star of course, and Anushka's also improving every week.

But the highlight for me was Ashaji and Dharamjis swing romance. I was blushing so hard. 😳 And ofc when Dharamji was lip syncing and sharing his anecdotes and Ashaji did Sayonara. 😳

Today HR was also in full form coz he had two additional music lovers, the guests. Otherwise he gets beaten 2 to 1. 😆

Well said.    Loved Ashaji & Dharamji's romance.  Still young at heart.   The new generation leads should learn from golden era Bollywood legends.  How hard they worked and gave hits after hits. New comers only want to work with safe production houses and make quick money.

If Sireesha gets eliminated today, then it's due to SPM and 2 judges who turn a blind eye and deaf ears when it comes to SMP.

SMP's voice was drowned. Couldn't hear her when she was singing, only when she tried her usual tricks where ever she could.   When both singing, Sireesha could be heard loud and clearly but SMP satyanas.  

Ms.SK thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Raina~

I couldn’t get my eyes of Asha Parekh - she’s still so beautiful. I enjoyed the episode, there were some good and some not so good performances.

Anushka and Anjali - both were good. I’ve not been a big Anjali fan but she did well today. Anushka has a very different voice and I think these songs weren’t the best for her, she still sang flawlessly. I liked their performance better in parde mein rehne do.

Ashish and Sayli - Ashish was completely overshadowed by Sayli. She was phenomenal. I’ve always liked her but today she hit it out of the park. I’ve still not warmed up to Ashish. He’s good but overhyped. I preferred Ashish is the second song - Oh haseena zulfon wali. They truly deserved the mausam badal diya.

Sireesha and SMP - such a disappointment. I can’t understand why Vishal said SMP was meant to experiment with songs. Today she clearly failed. We’ve seen Sireesha sing different songs (in the Bappi Lahiri episode) and I thought with SMP they’ll create magic. Hum bewafa hargiz na the is a song I really like, and they ruined it. I think they couldn’t find a mid way to adjust to each other’s singing styles. Clearly the worst performance of the day.

Danish and Sawai - Danish is exceptional. Today was no different. There is no genre he can’t sing. Sawai is a different case. I understand not everyone can sing everything, and these songs weren’t for Sawai. I think they could’ve chosen different songs. I think it’s safe to say the performance wasn’t good because of Sawai. I lived the performance in the last song - main Jatt yamla pagla deewana.

Nihal and Pawandeep - it was a lackluster performance. Pawandeep in my opinion is not very versatile and can only sing romantic, soft numbers. Anything slightly peppy and he doesn’t do justice. He still sings well, but the feel is missing. Nihal on the other hand sang better than many of his previous performances. Having said that it was overall a weak performance. I still preferred Nihal today.

Nachiket and Arunita - They were outstanding. Though I think their scales were different - Arunita was singing at a higher scale than Nachiket. Both of their performances were flawless and Arunita was the better one. Truly a mausam badal diya moment. Arunita is amazing when it comes to soft, romantic and melodious numbers, but she’s not shown her versatility. I wish she’d explore other genres. As for Nachiket, he’s sung many genres, and today were songs that he’s best at. 

Bold: 

Asha Parekh & her best friend Waheeda Rehman still looking beautiful.  So much grace and always well dressed.  Dharmendraji still handsome.

Sireesha-SMP.  

1. Agree but not Sireesha's fault,  Disappointment all due to SMP who could not keep up with Sireesha when it came to singing actual lines.  SMP voice was not heard apart from when she was trying to bring in her usual trick.   

2.Sireesha sang both songs better than SMP but I get a feeling the 2 judges will mark down Sireesha as these judges become deaf when it comes to SMP.

Hope Sireesha is not eliminated due to judges score.   If she is, then there should be petition!!!

3. So glad they did not sing Yeh Shyam Mastani from Kati Patang otherwise SMP would have taken over whole song with her various yodelling and screaming.

4. Don't know why Vishal thinks SMP is versatile.  Does he go deaf when it comes to judge her? 

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

I knew there wouldn't be any elimination today, the minute the guests did not leave it was so obvious 😆

I wonder who they were trying to save this week?

Anyways coming to the performances:

Danish-Anushka, Nachiket-Sireesha were too good ya, the best!. I swear they were making me blush...very real looking chemistry 😉😆

Ashish and Sayli have amazing rapport and it shows during their performance. Ashsih's pronunciations seem a little off on some words tho, gives it a too Western feeling. But loved them too nonetheless.

Anjali and Sawai were in their strong zone today so ofc they are great. I find Sawai super controlled compared to Salman and Sunny who'd go crazy, hence I prefer his voice much more. Even Anjali seemed to enjoy today since it was her forte zone today. Their voices blended very well for the duet. 😳

Pawandeep and Aunita's voice go very well together. But ofc our girl is the stronger vocalist, she beats everyone 😆

Nihal and SMP...gosh why so many gimmicks, gaana seedha seedha gao na. I Love You is such a simple song, why do so much oooo and aaaa in it.

But today's highlight had to be Rohanpreet's singing. Kya paani ke jaisa gaata hai yaar! He literally flows with the music! And so very surreelal! Made me cry! Neha couldn't catch up with him 😆 I hope he gets work tho, he's got a very beautiful voice for sure ❤️

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Today’s episode was a little better than yesterday, I liked all of the performances, the judges and the couples nautanki on the other hand was so cringey. I’m honestly shocked that Vishal does all this Faaltu ka drama, didn’t expect him to do it but I guess Sony pays him the big bucks for nothing. I used to watch American Idol as well and the judges never resorted to such antics, it really deters from the show overall.

it’s really hard picking a favorite now, except for Swai and Nihal I really like everyone! It’s so hard to pick a fave

Coming to the performances

SMP - Nihal - I thought they did good but not MBD good. I hope my girl bounces back next week with a bang. Wasn’t her best week this week. Nihal was good I guess. He’s turning out to be the Sanjaya of Indian Idol imo lol 

Shirisha - Nachiket - they’re seriously so cute😳! I love the extra expressions and that little dance they did, their voices sound so great together.  

Danish - Anushka - another cute jodi! They had great chemistry and a great performance. Anushka has had a great weekend, both of her performances have been splendid

Pawandeep - Arunita - my absolute favorite of the night! Arunita is seriously a dark horse this season she’s been consistently giving out superb performances! Pehla Nasha they both did amazing, but Kya Yehi Pyaar Hai I felt Arunita overpowered him easily. I hope she ends up being in the top 5

Sayali - Ashish - I’m surprised they paired them up again but I guess they work together well, they were super cute too! Loved this performance of theirs as well, Jab Koi Baat especially. 

Anjali - Sawai - I think this is the first time I’ve genuinely liked Sawai. Anjali did so well! 

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Such a cringeworthy episode. I’m not anti Valentine’s Day, but there was no need to overdo things. Coming back to the competition:

Nihal and SMP - they ruined too lovely songs. Nihal tried hard to salvage the performance, but he wasn’t successful. Though I must say she was way better than yesterday. Nihal was clearly better. Even then I liked their pairing. What made their performance okayish was their choice of songs. 

Nachiket and Sireesha - I’ve loved their pairing ever since the time they sang main maike chali jaongi. Even individually they are my favourites. I’m surprised they didn’t get Mausam Badal Diya. I have to say Nachiket has shown tremendous growth this week. This was another song in a genre Nachiket is good at, and Sireesha can (like Danish) sing most songs like a pro. She sounds like a background singer.

Danish and Anushka - Danish is another Kishore Kumar - he can not just sing but will make a great actor. He is undoubtedly a fantastic singer, and like I said yesterday he can sing anything. I have always liked Anushka and today was no different. She has a ‘modern’ voice, she doesn’t sound like a yesteryears actress but someone more recent, maybe it has something to do with her diction. I really like that. She is underrated.

Pawandeep and Arunita -  beautiful songs, they sang well. They are two of the top singers this season, but I didn’t enjoy their performance much. I can’t put a finger to what I didn’t like, but compared to other performances it was so so. 

Sawai and Anjali - surprisingly good. I think they didn’t start off well, but picked up in between. I didn’t think I’d enjoy their pairing. They both added their own touches to the song, and yet complimented each other beautifully.

Ashish and Sayli - I’m surprised they were paired together again. It seems like they share a great chemistry and it shows in their performance. Thoroughly enjoyed their performance. It seems Sayli is the dark horse of the season.

My favourite today - Nachiket and Sireesha, Ashish and Sayli, Danish and Anushka.

The worst - SMP and Nihal.

I’d really like to see Nachiket paired with Sayli and Danish and Sireesha.

I’m disappointed that there was no eviction today. Wonder who they tried to save. My suspicion is it was either SMP or Ashish.

suresh555 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Danish's voice did not suit amitabh's dialogues in silsila for me. I think he should have gone for any duets from dil to paagal hai. 

Mita1214 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: suresh555

Danish's voice did not suit amitabh's dialogues in silsila for me. I think he should have gone for any duets from dil to paagal hai. 

Unfortunately, the contestants don’t get to pick the songs they sing. I think it was very unfair for Danish to be partnered with Sawai with the selection of songs given to them on Saturday. The Silsila song picked for him on Sunday was not good for him either but with his talent, he was still able to perform great. I hope they are not looking to eliminate him because he is one of the best male singers. 

Ms.SK thumbnail

Sunday's episode 2 hrs 49 minutes. What for? to watch newly weds lovey dovey act to show in public they can't get enough of each other??!!!

If their crap had been edited, episode could have been normal 1 hr 30-45 minutes.

Once again Arunita was best.  Nihal/SMP weakest. 

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: suresh555

Yes, I felt the same. Plus, Danish’s  was not in form - his voice sounded as if it would break - or maybe he kept it husky for the song: whatever - he was not upto his level.