Unfair Competition?

pfalcon1949 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Last week we had guests Padmini and Poonam on Saturday when contestants were singing old songs and some are even not heard before or not so popular or whatever, but then again on Sunday they had Honey Singh and every one get to sing extremely popular happening songs. So it is quite unfair for the contestants singing on Saturday to be judged along with contestants singing on Sunday. It is very likely that Sunday's contestants may get a lot more votes than Saturday. This sort of thing is happening over and again. perhaps all the bottom 5 contestants are going to be from Saturday's performance! I am not sure how it goes but I feel they all should be given equal opportunity in all respects.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Yes, I think it’s extremely unfair.

The episode is 90 minutes long, and contestants sing two songs. I’d rather they sing one each and everyone sings in both days.

This week was two different styles - and you can’t quite compare who was better. Though I know you can vote for contestants of each episode separately. 

Instead of Nehu, Adi and all that bakwaas, concentrate on singing. Everyone will get a chance to sing and they’ll definitely get more TRP. I’m sure no one likes their timepass.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

As an audience I think its unfair to the ones who sang on Sunday. Coz the songs on Saturday were much more superior and allowed the singers to show their ability...Sunday was hot garbage.

But from a contestant's viewpoint the judges (except Himesh) will always favour Western over Indian, trash over class. They judge based on gimmicks and not singing. So for them a Manali Trance is Grammy winning over a Meri Kismat Mein Tu...hope u sense the sarcasm there.

pfalcon1949 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

As an audience I think its unfair to the ones who sang on Sunday. Coz the songs on Saturday were much more superior and allowed the singers to show their ability...Sunday was hot garbage.

But from a contestant's viewpoint the judges (except Himesh) will always favour Western over Indian, trash over class. They judge based on gimmicks and not singing. So for them a Manali Trance is Grammy winning over a Meri Kismat Mein Tu...hope u sense the sarcasm there.

Unfair or fair can be viewed from both sides. The point is we should not have differences in the competition. All should be given to perform under similar circumstances. Those who vote in large number will most likely to be swayed by what is hot currently and not by anything else. So for no fault of theirs, singers of Sunday will most certainly have a better chance of getting higher number of votes than those who sang on Saturday. Wonder what SNP would have sung on Saturday for e.g.! And she probably would end up at the very bottom trying to Oodle her way into Lata and Aasha songs of yester year!

suresh555 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I think the older songs were way better than the Sunday new songs and there are a lots of voters that prefer older songs, so I'd consider those contestants lucky who sang during poonam and padmini episode