The Beginning Of The End ~ 1st Episode REVIEW

A_for_Arpita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

FORUM is finally OPEN πŸ₯³ 

25th January, 2021.... 

The episode started with a beautiful voice, filled with emotional turmoil. Her voice, the view & those words that whole sequence was the highlight of the episode for me. β€οΈ Her narration itself proved, she is a writer πŸ‘

The story involves 'Lahore' Nehi nehi "Ish Lahore" nehi "Ush Lahore" a huge difference lies in between.... 

We have grown up listening about Lahore which belongs to Pakistan. But there was a time when Lahore was ours, in her words "Na Ravi ka paani bata tha, na Desh aur na Dil" - That phase of 1947 when Independence was obvious but not the Partition... Yeah partition was in talks from a long time but people were there hoping for some sort of miracles till the last moment, we know the history but emotions attached to that history we can't really understand. Only Amrit, Vashma, Radha knows what they went through.... and they are here to present their stories. 

Honestly speaking, initially I wasn't satisfied with the casting but after watching the 1st episode, I can say Shashi Sumeet production is still the best when it comes to casting. πŸ˜†

There Amrit was day dreaming and Vashma managed to figure out that dream on her own πŸ˜† How well she knows Amrit. We are so used to with watching girls doing planning plotting against each other on ITV that such genuine friendship comes as a surprise package for us. Loved the bond between Amrit-Vashma and felt bad already, imagining how the partition going to seperate them. But before partition, there is someone called Radha who will join them. Let's see how Radha fits into their already established equation. πŸ˜‰

The background is partition, but it's a love story where three girls are already day dreaming their respective love stories not knowing what's the future holds for them... Amrit and Vashma's love story looks normal at least as of now where Radha's story seems twisted. Obviously twist is needed, afterall it's a work of fiction at the end of the day. 

Le Akkha rakhle girvi

Diwani hai ye teri

Churake tujhse najre 

Tujhe dekha karengi

Ye kya deewangi hai 

Kyun mera dil shor paye

Ye kya mujhko hua hai

Kyun utthe dil chhod aaye

- What a beautiful title song, explains Amrit and Vashma's emotions and may be Radha's too however initially Radha seems more into materialistic things. 

Agar badlo mein chupe chand ka didaar hojata...

Toh Roshan humara bhi aasman ho jata...

Nazron Nazron mein kuch aaghas toh hua hai 

Chehra dekh lete toh shayad pyaar jo jata...

- Randheer is already a gone case πŸ˜† His Shayarana andaaz aur humari lekhika Amrit the combination itself is so poetic 

On the other hand Uday & Vashma managed to just click on the 1st episode itself πŸ‘

Overall wonderful beginning... Looking forward to the show. 

Last but not the least, I am Arpita, sometimes I write reviews on barrister babu forum when I find the episode worth it, loved the 1st episode of Kyun Utthe Dil Chhod Aye so thought I should write one here too. πŸ˜†

Thanks for reading πŸ˜³ β€οΈ

Edited by A_for_Arpita - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ExoticDisaster thumbnail

Beautiful post Arpita! 

Indeed an amazing start to the story 

braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

The first episode in my opinion was niceπŸ˜ƒ.

Got an introduction to the main characters in the show.

For now I loved the bond between Amrit and Vashma πŸ˜ƒ

I'm going to give the show a definite try for now.

Arpita thanks for the first episode update. πŸ˜ƒ

A_for_Arpita thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShiriFictionPen

Beautiful post Arpita! 

Indeed an amazing start to the story 

Hey Shiri, good to see you here πŸ€— Thanks πŸ˜³

A_for_Arpita thumbnail

Originally posted by: braveheartdoc

The first episode in my opinion was niceπŸ˜ƒ.

Got an introduction to the main characters in the show.

For now I loved the bond between Amrit and Vashma πŸ˜ƒ

I'm going to give the show a definite try for now.

Arpita thanks for the first episode update. πŸ˜ƒ

Same here LOVED the bond between Amrit-Vashma β€οΈ Specifically the characterisation of Vashma in that era is commendable πŸ‘ You are most welcome πŸ˜³

Sanjana183 thumbnail

The show is very distinct from others so it's nice to see. I liked all the romantic pairs in the show but more than that loved Amrit and Vashma's friendship. It's  is so cute. Amrit being the mature one and Vashma being bubly, they complement each other.  It will be sad to see them part due to partition. Hope they show that the girls fulfil their dreams despite family backlash.

A_for_Arpita thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sanjana183

The show is very distinct from others so it's nice to see. I liked all the romantic pairs in the show but more than that loved Amrit and Vashma's friendship. It's  is so cute. Amrit being the mature one and Vashma being bubly, they complement each other.  It will be sad to see them part due to partition. Hope they show that the girls fulfil their dreams despite family backlash.

The USP of the show as of now is definitely Vashma-Amrit β€οΈ

StarryNight55 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Finally  a Kyun Utthe dil chhod aaye forum was looking for it yesterday but couldn’t find it πŸ₯³

I’ve watched the first 2 episodes of the show and I really like the Amrit and Vashma bonding and  I’m looking forward to how they show partition and what that will bring to their friendship 

Thanks Arpita for the  lovely review β€οΈ

Money_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I am actually more interested in story of Uday and Vashma. they belong to two different religions and different communities, probably very soon two different countries.

Vashma and Amrit have a beautiful bond. seeing the friendship their families share, it pains me to imagine that in future, they all might be at each other's throat.

i actually read a bit of history and came to know that lahore was initially not meant to Pakistan. a common man walking on the street of lahore was blissfully sure that he was to be an indian citizen.however everything changed in a very short period when committee set up to work on partition decided that pakistan was being wronged by given only one major city - karachi. so lahore was allocated to Pakistan at nearly last moment.

just imagine the horror of that hour, millions were uprooted from their homes and left on their fate. some managed to arrive at newly acquired country but majority were not so fortunate.

looking forward to their execution of this nightmare called partition...actually impending partition is the reason my sister has refused to watch the show at the first place...πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

A_for_Arpita thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rainbow99

Finally  a Kyun Utthe dil chhod aaye forum was looking for it yesterday but couldn’t find it πŸ₯³

I’ve watched the first 2 episodes of the show and I really like the Amrit and Vashma bonding and  I’m looking forward to how they show partition and what that will bring to their friendship 

Thanks Arpita for the  lovely review β€οΈ

Yeah eagerly waiting for this forum πŸ˜† Finally got it πŸ˜³ Same here looking forward to more about Amrit-Vashma β€οΈ Most welcome πŸ‘πŸΌ