Ponniyin Selvan may give Aishwarya an 'iconic' actress status

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Aishwarya Rai is basically a period queen. She usually excels in period films. Her next film Ponniyin Selvan is South India's Mahabharata. Ponniyin Selvan is going to be a massive film. The novel that the film is based on is not an ordinary novel. Its like text book novel for every Tamilian.

At 48 she is going to play the main role in a 500 cr historical film. The iconic role Nandhini Devi is the role the whole film is based on. I am so excited for this film.

Edited by Mugda - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

She's been iconic for the last 4 decades.

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Too much hype sometime backfires big time šŸ˜†

blUeNoSed thumbnail

I don't think the novel is based on her character solely, it's like game of thrones is what I heard. But yes, she plays the main antagonist and is supposed to be an important role. 

Also doesn't she has a double role? She plays another character as well. 

Mugda thumbnail

Originally posted by: blUeNoSed

I don't think the novel is based on her character solely, it's like game of thrones is what I heard. But yes, she plays the main antagonist and is supposed to be an important role. 

Also doesn't she has a double role? She plays another character as well. 

The story revolves around her role Nandhini Devi who is the main antagonist. It is about Arun Mozhi Varman who became Raja Raja Chola but he is not the hero of the film. Vandhiyadevan is the hero of the film who is friend of Aditya Karikalan, the elder warrior brother of Arun Mohzi.

The film's heroine is Kundavai who is sister of Aditya and Arun Mohzi. She is love interest of Vandhiyadevan.

Now, the main antagonist Nandhini Devi. She is the main character of the entire novel. Its her action which moves the novel forward. Her mother Mandakini Devi was a mute queen who had a sad past. Cholas did injustice to her. Because of her mother's suffering Nandhini who looks exactly like her mother became fiery and rebellious.  Nandhini's father got murdered by Aditya Karikalan who was childhood lover of Nandini.

To take revenge against chola kingdom Nandhini married an old man of his 60's Periya to enter the chola kingdom. Periya is besotted by his wife's beauty. So he became a ploy in the hands of his wife Nandhini. She first tried to seduce Vandhiyadevan but he is committed to Kundavai. Nandhini then seduced Aditya by her beauty. Aditya fell in love with her. Kundavai tried to save her brother from Nandhini but one day Aditya got killed.

Vandhiyadevan then played detective role to find out who killed his friend Aditya. Did Nandhini kill Aditya or someone else? During the time Arun Mozhi varman became king Raja raja Cholan.

Anika80 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I hope it will not be like fanney khan too much hype and 10 minutes on screen just a cameo

Mugda thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anika80

I hope it will not be like fanney khan too much hype and 10 minutes on screen just a cameo

It can not be a cameo role. Nandhini Character is the main villain of the film. Its the most crucial role of the entire novel.

Edited by Mugda - 3 years ago
Mugda thumbnail

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/south/ponniyin-selvan-arushima-shares-bts-photo-aishwarya-rai-bachchan-she-has-major-fan-girl-moment-603645

Ponniyin Selvan: Arushima shares a BTS photo with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan as she has a major fan girl moment Directed by Mani Ratnam, Ponniyin Selvan is based on the Tamil novel of the same name, written by Kalki. It has Trisha Krishnan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in the lead roles.

Written By Aishwarya R 857268 reads Mumbai Updated: January 31, 2021 10:04 am

Ponniyin Selvan: Arushima shares a BTS photo with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan as she has a major fan girl moment

It was reported a few weeks back that the shooting of Mani Ratnamā€™s Ponniyin Selvan was started in Hyderabad with almost all the lead actors joining the sets. While there has been no official update regarding the filmā€™s shooting process, actress Arushima Varshney, who will be seen featuring in the magnum opus, shared a behind the screen photo with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan as she has a major fan-girl moment with her.

In the photo, Arushima was seen taking a selfie, as Aishwarya was seen posing from her car. Sharing the photo, Arushima wrote, ā€œI couldn't take my eyes off of you on the set @aishwaryaraibachchan_arb mamā€. After the photo came up online, fans of the film took to the comments section and posted how excited they are to see it. The makers of the film are expected to make official announcement regarding the shooting process soon.

purplesnow thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

She's already iconic tho