How is 2021 treating you guys? I hope we all enjoy and be more successful in our endeavours this year. On this note, to all the writers present on India-forum who enchant and entangle us with their magical words and exhilarating concepts, this post is for you guys. The non-writers don't loose your heart, as Sir Francis Bacon said "Knowledge is Power" you know guys can go through this as well, because we never know a to be writer is hiding inbetween you all.
While weaving a new world through your creativity, I am sure you people must have wondered how to give your work a bit more professional touch, what you can do so that it reaches wider sets of audience, what can you do so that your work get featured here on IF. So to all your queries, let me guide you through few rules after crossing which you can get your work featured.
Get a fresh professional perspective on your script and edit it : Its extremely important for a writer to know how their work look from a reader point of view. Third party perspective help point out the mistakes which being the creator is often overlooked owing attachment with the work, so it helps perfect the work.
It also important to have neutral person pov because let's face it your friends will be happy to review your work, but they will be a bit biased about it and will hesitate slightly before critiquing you. So, make sure to have your work Beta read before submitting.
Get a cover for your work: Banners contains a bit of soul of your literary work. It give the readers a glimpse of what they are going to expect inside, it piques their interest so that they click to your story for the summary.
Synopsis : Write concise account about your story, so that you can easily pitch your work to readers and compel them to keep reading.
Prepare your submission: Assemble everything, i.e. your story after beta reading along with cover and summary and post it. After that send the link our your post to Fanfiction Editors for reviewing and publishing it.
- Once you have done everything mentioned above, you can post your story link in this thread.
- You can only post one story per month, and your story will undergo selection process by beta readers.
- You are free to submit your acquaintance story as well, selection process is going to be the same.
- Your story must be posted or migrated in the new fanfiction site, please do follow the migration steps (https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5153540)
- If you are submitting a fiction then it must have atleast have 10 chapters, and if you are submitting a short story then it must be a completed one.
- The work can be old or recent one as long as it meets the criteria.
- You cannot resubmit your story at any point of time.
- You need to post the migrated story link.
I hope I was able to help you guys in answering few of yours musings. Good luck and keep fighting!
**IMP** Submission Format
Name of the Fiction:
Type of the Fiction (FF/SS/OS):
Word Count (approx.):
Reader’s Age Group (U/13+/16+/18+):
Genre: Trigger Warnings (violence/trauma/molestation/domestic-violence/kidnapping/crimes-against-women/suicide-ideation/self-harm/mental-health-issues/swear-words/abuse/slight-reference-to r*pe/miscarriage/prostitution/drugs/trafficking/gore/others please specify):
The extent of Trigger warnings mentioned above (Just mention/light/moderate/heavy):
Edited by Koeli - 12 days ago
Topic started by reel_real
Last replied by BlurredLines