Sil-Batte pe kya kya pisa?

janhav thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

It's not a good afternoon, sisters.

I am still seething with rage. My mind has been troubled since I saw this disturbing episode of at least FOUR "elders" trying to trample upon the joy that filled a young girl's heart because she was to take the first step in the direction of fulfilling her dreams. And at least "TWO" so-called modern, younger women deriving pleasure out of the humiliation and physical torture of this young, ambitious girl. It was heart-wrenching. Not because those known to be depraved meted out the kind of insult they did but because of the silence around it.  

I did not mind the necessity to give electric mixers a skip and use the sil-batta (known as pata-varvanta in Marathi) because some people are particular about the texture and flavour of masalas. Most of us may have a mortar and pestle at home -- a more handy version of the pata-varvanta. But the intention behind the act was to use the sil-batta to crush a young woman's wings, self-respect, aspirations and identity. And, those who should have spoken for her stood in silence.

I have LOVED Ashwini's character for being so compassionate and affectionate towards everyone in the family. But today, it took me a couple of hours to overcome the disappointment I felt with her. First, when she expressed that she was "still disappointed" about the previous day -- it was alright. It happens between mothers and daughters (I don't want to add 'in-law' to it because Sai has the fortune of having a mother in her and I can totally relate to it). But what disturbed me was her dailogue "yahan sab bade bade chasme laga kar tumhari galtiyaan dhoondh rahe hain, inhe mauka mat do". It came just a day (rather few hours) after she expressed her disappointment with Virat and Sai in the "zillat ring" when and told her "Is ghar ke kuch niyam tumhe manne honge... main bhi naraaz ho sakti hoon, suna sakti hoon"... Yes, it actually wasn't Ashwini speaking. It was a mother (in-law) wanting to 'protect' her daughter (in-law) from the onslaught of the disapproving by trying to tell her to 'avoid confrontations' and give in at times. It means: Don't do the things that would displease the elders and result in this war of words time and again. Why? Why should Sai be burdened with this expectation of becoming the "aadarsh bahu" in a marriage of a "raw deal" -- and again, I want to add she did not sign up for this when Virat gave her no other choice but to marry him. 

And that, followed by Ashwini's silence in the 'cooking arena' when everyone -- led by the spokesperson of Makad Gang-- continued to heap insults at Sai. Honestly, Ashwini's silence disturbed me. Ashwini did not want to speak up to the douchebag husband of hers and his beloved vahini and she had already been shut in a matter concerning the other "shahannav kuli" bahu Sonali, but couldn't Ashwini have spoken up to ask Patralekha to shut up. I know it wouldn't have helped much but today, for once, it felt as if Sai was ALL alone in that mob-lynching without Virat. Yes, "mob-lynching" it was. And Sai, ultimately, decided to give in because the attack was directed at "Aai".

I understand Ashwini does not want to escalate matters but did she not know that Virat is at home? The entire family even sets aside their breathing activity when they have to keep an eye on what Virat is up to. The official newspaper of Chakram niwas, Karishma, saw Virat at home as well. So, why did Ashwini not call out to him if she knew she couldn't handle the situation alone and stand up for Sai on this important day? Didn't Ashwini know that they had decided to not let Sai go to her college on Day one? She couldn't talk back to Ninad and Bhavani after a point-- usually it is that way -- but she could have warned them that she will call Virat, even if he wasn't at home. At least after Sai had already injured herself and decided to grind the chillies in her anger. Doesn't Ashwini know already that only Virat can handle Sai when she is fuming mad?

Ashwini knew about the mahabhoj, so why didn't even Ashwini inform Sai or Virat and tell Sai that she would have to make some symbolic contribution to the bhoj? (I know it wasn't in her script, but it is an unanswered question). I understood that Ashwini was disappointed with Sai about the incident of the previous and she had not liked Sai's reporter act. But she should be more disappointed with Virat for miscommunicating their plan to her. Was her disappointment the reason why even she did not tell Sai and Virat about the mahabhoj?

Ashwini's silence in dealing with the "toxicity" is exactly why Virat is the way he is -- unable to refuse and stand up for himself even when he is pushed to the corner. Like I mentioned in my post the other day, normalising toxicity in the name of 'sanskaar, parampara and niyam kanoon' is detrimental to personal mental health.  Now, she wants Sai to do the same thing. And because Sai and Ashwini also share that emotional attachment where Sai would actually do anything it takes for Ashwini, this "emotional pressure" will always come in the way of standing up for justice for self. Yes, Ashwini has backed Sai all this while but they were major issues like -- getting an entry into the house, her college admissions and the insult she was meted out when she returned from the DIG office, but mental peace lies in 'everyday interactions'. Ashwini, although she is strong, will buckle under the pressure if she's alone without Virat to back her. She did not put down her foot and fight for Sai even after Sai was physically injured. What compulsion does she have to give in to honourable aadarsh bahu's taunt about "bacche mature hone ke liye saaya hataana padta hai.."

A bitter truth (speaking from watching several cases) is that the most "knotty" relationships are between co-sisters (devrani, jethani) of a family and sisters-in-law (bhabhi, nanand). Either they will get along like soul sisters or they will be baying for blood. I have seldom seen an in-between in my life experience. This episode was (obviously exaggerated for cinematic liberty) but not entirely off the mark. There are families where a "working, professional" woman will be ridiculed, humiliated and pushed to the breaking point for the 'sadist pleasure' of the other women in competition.

Today, it was not just a fall from the leftover humanity (words respect or grace would not hold) for Patralekha and the entire Makad Gang, but also for Karishma in my eyes. I don't want to even talk about Patralekha because I said in the last post when she made the "ghar le lo" comment that often our integrity is eroded by the evil actions we make in a state of delusion -- she has reached there. Her shallow talk about "sanskaar given by parents" and her venom against Sai will all get answers in due course. Today her unscrupulous act that did not make her conscience shiver is very telling of the kind of values her parents have instilled in her. It was her way of giving reply to Sai's question: "Aap mirch masala daalkar tadka maarengi ya... yunhi chup chaap khadi rahengi?" She actually added the mirch masala to the animosity between them. Again, very evidently the way to hurt her "imaginary adulterous husband" Virat is by torturing his object of affection-- Sai. We get you, Patralekha but in return, you are flexing your "moral muscle" to a breaking point of no return.

Karishma: she is a woman who is so dismayed by her own spineless husband and the torture she may have undergone that she cannot see another woman having what she doesn't have  - a husband speaking up for her and the backing of the saas for things that don't gel with family niyams. In her case, her in-laws would only gloat about the niyams she follows, without considering what she really wants and Mohit, well, the only assal Maratha son of the house is nothing more than a poodle at the moment. She will act out of jealousy just watching Sai have what she wants. And, right now, her ally can be the humdard frenemy Patralekha.  

Ninad Chavan: I do not know how is this man going to redeem himself in the eyes of his son, who considered him a mentor and guide? Really, the painful alienation of the son is on the cards unless a miracle saves Ninad. So often, men who stand up for justice (*not wife) are forced to estrangement because the 'elders' cannot ever find their moral fibre and see things rationally and the son's dilemma is merciless ground on the sil-batta of guilt and manipulation. 

This is only the beginning of the drama that Sai (and we) will see but the silver lining is the fight that Virat and Sai will put up. I hope Chavan Saheb will do justice to this 23-minute long one-sided torture of our dewdrop that we saw today. Also, I have a few questions to be asked to Chavan Saheb, but I will fist allow him to make his presentation tomorrow. Chocoates se kaam nahi chalega, ACP. 

And Sai, my dewdrop, remember that you are the princess of your Aaba. Get up, straighten that crown and break the promise you made to an unworthy, vile woman trying to race with you a race that you are not even running. Smack her in her face. 

On that note, have a good day, sisterhood!

Sending warm hugs🤗 and hoping that the heart will find some cheer soon❤️! 

Love❤️

J

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

scarlett22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I was wondering if you would write considering the episode. I don't have the mind space to watch today. I don't know what it is about this character Sai that makes us so protective about her. Or I do know😊  And actually this is what makes me watch the serial itself. 

I am waiting for Virat tomorrow, I too agree, chocolates will not do. 

About Ashwini, I sort of expected that she would want Sai to start falling in line just to maintain the status quo and her tenuous mental peace. 

What I am really concerned is, Sai falling in love with Virat and giving in for him, like she did for Ashwini! I hope that change in mindset doesn't take place. 

Beautifully expressed, as always. 

..Peppermint.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I do not want to add much to what you said, just that I am very very disappointed in Ashwini.

A few days ago she said that she had nobody to fight for, so she was silent. But today, she had Sai. She even said she would fight to the absolute end for Sai. So, why was she not fighting tooth and nail for her.

I'm sorry I do not even understand her still being angry with Sai for being late the previous day. It was Virat who took her out so she should channel that anger towards him. And she is still angry, ok fine, I'll try to bypass that thinking that she wanted to mother Sai.

But, her silence today was insufferable. I do not even care about the Chavan abusers for they are pathetic, but Ashwini! Heck even Devi tried to stop the chaos and even said she'd grind the chilli herself.

She must have been so repressed that abused herself that's why she cannot raise a voice for herself. But she should stop victimising herself now. The least she could have done was calling Virat.

She said she had a "wajah" to fight for, I just want to tell her that the voice challenging regression and abuse should be as loud as the one enforcing it(Mr Chavan should really take note here). Silence is not and should not be seen as a virtue. And torturing someone should not be justified under the guise of moulding an ideal bahu.

I'm really so unhappy with her today. Maybe because she is one of my favs. from the show.

Edited by ..Peppermint.. - 3 years ago

You basically conveyed all of the feelings I had while watching this episode in this post. Honestly i didn't even watch it all. I fast forwarded through many parts coz i just couldn't watch it ! :( 

I loved Sais dialogue in precap to pp- itna mat giro ki uth na sako.  Virat had unecessarily placed this woman on a pedestal even when she had demonstrated nothing to be deserving of that pedestal in the first place and i hope Virat will see just how giri hui she really is. Petty, selfish, uncaring, manipulative and definitely not in the least ssmajhdar, suljhi, or mature. 

I wish Sai could remind Virat ki aisi vahiyad insaan ko voh Sai ki mentor banana chahta tha! Matlab seriously?! 

I skimmed through the Tam version of this particular episode and when the ML is driving her to college, in that show she makes her displeasure very clear and states that she doesn't feel obliged to put up with all this and is waiting for her scholarship and fathers account money so she can leave. In that show it looks like the guy convinces her by saying that she loves challenges and does what she sets her mind to so he thinks she should show that she can fulfil her goals even staying in his house. I thought that was a very weak defense and complete BS. We all know that the real reason he wants her to stay is because he wants her in his life and in his room forever and he has got so used to her presence that even one night without her madd him restless. And the only reason she will stay is for him. And the few people shes come to care for in his family because of him- his aai, devi tai and bua. 

But basically everyone is emotionally blackmailing this young girl- pahle shaadi ke liye aur ab is toxic environment ko jhelne ke liye. And shes a braveheart, outspoken, no nonsense person but inside it all she's so sensitive ki voh ye emotional blackmailing ke saamne jhuk hi jaati hai. Even these bk gang people have now figured out what buttons to push to make Sai feel bad and react. Kyunki unko pata hai ki anyone when angry especially Sai will lose their cool a little. If they didn't evilly manipulate her, Sai would have simply walked off caring 2 hoots like she did during the DIG office incident. But after Aai asking her to bend a little and because she felt bad that Aai was hurt the previous day and then they brought up her aaba and the concept of "debt". Sai is too self respecting toh uski dukhti rag pe vaar karke they managed to make her lose her focus sadly. 

I really hope ki scholarship ke paise jaldi ajaye and theres a scene where Sai returns virat atleast a part of the money so that she will less "indebted" to him. Financial debt clear hojaaye. "Emotional  debt"  for standing by her and supporting her toh chalega kyunki thats going to be one of the foundations of their eventual love story. 

Edited by neeraja91 - 3 years ago
404_NotFound thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Two people disappointed me today one was Ashwini and other was Sai . Yes , you read it right it’s Sai .Ashwini for the reasons mentioned above . There is a saying choose your battles wisely and today she chose a wrong one to fight . She easily fell into the trap laid out by Kaku and her gang . One weakness of Sai is she can’t think straight when she is angry .She could have left the place without agreeing to contribute.Why was she trying to please those who will never be happy with her . I don’t think her Aai and Virat sir would be disappointed with her decision of walking out like she did when she went out to meet DIG. Ok she wanted to do her share her work understandably but why torture yourself by touching the chili paste with bare hands for people who care a damn about you . Sai needs to get control over her emotions and learn to manage her temper. Virat won’t be around her all the time to calm her down  . This nature of hers can put her in trouble in her professional life as well . I was not able to watch her touch the chili paste with her injured hand. 

Having seen the other version I kind of know what happens so I am at peace . 

Edited by yyyy - 3 years ago

Ashwinis silence while disappointing is unfortunate reality. Jab chup chaap sehne ki aadat pas jaye toh phir zarurat padne par bhi awaz nahi nikalti. Isi liye kahte hai ki zurm karna aur zurm sahna dono gakat hai. But its a vicious cycle. Ashwini has put up with so much for so long that she has internalized, normalized and brushed aside many a wrong. Uske kaafi pressures the aur baat badhte badhte ab itni badh gayi hai ki the members of this household treat her as a glorified maid. Infact maid ki bhi zyaada izzat hoti hai kyunki voh aati hai, kaam ka paisa leke chali jaati hai. And no maid should or would ever tolerate this kind of zillat on a day to day basis. Aur zillat sirf badi badi cheezon main hu nahi har choti cheez aur nazariye main bhi hai. This family is a mix of a bunch of pompous arrogant men and women and others who are meek mute spectators who try to stand up from time to time but very quickly give up and toe the line ( ashwini, shivani). 

happy007 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: yyyy

Two people disappointed me today one was Ashwini and other was Sai . Yes , you read it right it’s Sai .Ashwini for the reasons mentioned above . There is a saying choose your battles wisely and today she chose a wrong one to fight . She easily fell into the trap laid out by Kaku and her gang . One weakness of Sai is she can’t think straight when she is angry .She could have left the place without agreeing to contribute.Why was she trying to please those who will never be happy with her . I don’t think her Aai and Virat sir would be disappointed with her decision of walking out like she did when she went out to meet DIG. Ok she wanted to do her share her work understandably but why torture yourself by touching the chili paste with bare hands for people who care a damn about you . Sai needs to get control over her emotions and learn to manage her temper. Virat won’t be around her all the time to calm her down  . This nature of hers can put her in trouble in her professional life as well . I was not able to watch her touch the chili paste with her injured hand. 

Having seen the other version I kind of know what happens so I am at peace . 

Sai is in a vulnerable place right now emotionally. And more than anger, it's her feelings for Virat, that are messing up things for Sai, I think.

Sai constantly refused to do those chores. But the second Pakhi didi started taunting her about Virat, Sai gave in. 

"Virat ki kismat mein tum jaise ehsaan faraamosh biwi hai" 

"Virat ke kitne ehsaan hai tum par"

"tumhare liye woh apni family ke khilaaf lada, tum toh uski aur uski family ki bilkul parwah nahi karti" 

listening to this, Sai's entire demeanor changed & she agreed to do the work

Edited by happy007 - 3 years ago
janhav thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: scarlett22

I was wondering if you would write considering the episode. I don't have the mind space to watch today. I don't know what it is about this character Sai that makes us so protective about her. Or I do know😊  And actually this is what makes me watch the serial itself. 

I think Sai is basically every woman who wants a voice or every woman who has a voice. Those who cannot be like her in similar situations find he as a channel to feel jubilant about her victories and those who are like her would obviously identify with her completely. Also, we all love the fictional stories because it has the concept of an "underdog" who emerges victorious. 

I am waiting for Virat tomorrow, I too agree, chocolates will not do. 

I have him 3 brownie points for that personal inscription pen on Saturday but chocolates will not help him save even .5 of those points 😐 he better, better be good. 

About Ashwini, I sort of expected that she would want Sai to start falling in line just to maintain the status quo and her tenuous mental peace. 

Yes, I am disappointed because she does want Sai to remain within the niyam ring. I didn't mind Ashwini admonish Sai when she threw a fit before the candy floss came but yesterday and today, no. 

What I am really concerned is, Sai falling in love with Virat and giving in for him, like she did for Ashwini! I hope that change in mindset doesn't take place. 

She's already half way there. The taunts about her not doing it for Virat and combined by the assault they launched on Ashwini pushed her to rage and she's now hurting herself. 

Beautifully expressed, as always. 

Ishradivani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I am heartbroken would be a understatement to explain my state today. I didn't even watch the episode fully only bits n pieces here n there and my heart bled for sayi .

I am utterly disappointed with ashwini today !!!!!! I understand that she wants none to be loggerheads with sayi at home and that's why she asks sayj to oblige ..... But to what level !???????? Even when the other party is laughing at your pain and infact inflicting pain both mentally and physically ????????? How much ever she treats sayi as her daughter , in tne last two episodes she was in raja beta mode 

Even if she couldn't go against kaku and ninad she should atleast have put pakhi in her place !!!!!! I don't know if I will ever be able to respect her the same way again !!!!!!

And patralekha ...... What does she even thinks of herself ?????? She married samrat for virat and now herself calls sayi Ehsaan farmosh !!!!!!!! Sayi has every right to be virat wife ..... If not for kamal Joshi he would not have been alive in the first place !!!!! And I feel virat failed here utterly to make this point before his family . He really needs to clear the ehsaan sayi has done on him and chavans . 

Even if in the future sayi falls in love with virat I wouldn't want her to put up with these ugly minds everyday for his love. I would rather prefer her walking away from this household. 

And also it would not take more than a second for sayi to disclose the truth of pakhi and virat before family ..... But this dewdrop of ours put virat's respect above and let pakhi have her way !!!!!!!

Sayi also needs to choose her battles now . She should have walked away today from there instead of doing all that shit . Why should she please all of them at the cost of her mental health and physical health ??????

I really hope virat does something drastically tomorrow otherwise I would not be able to forgive him at any cost !!!!!!! 

The kind of content in today's episode is entirely sickening. I would not want even my worst enemy to go through this . And here our dew drop 😭😭😭😭

These shyless morons of chavans want to compete with a 18 yr old . That really shows how much they feel inferior to her !!!!!!

I don't really want to talk about karishma , sonali,kaku, ninad ..... They are beyond redemption now for me !!!!!!!!

I may actually quit this show in a few days if they continue this kind of toxicity . I can only wait for Virat's stand to unfold tomorrow before I think of anything else 😭😭😭

P.S. I am too shocked to write anything today. I really wish sayi walks out that household and move to a hostel

Edited by Ishradivani - 3 years ago
Phoenix100 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

You said it all👏... I feel ashwini somewhere wants sai to get along with everyone... She was so happy when she found out sai can cook.... She even said slowly sai will learn to do it everyday and be better than herself.... I think its unfair to expect that much from an 18 year old college going girl... The reason i want sai to move to a hostel.... Its really exhausting to do it all..... Expecting her to be superwoman is unfair.... She's still a teenager and ashwini needs to understand that.