ShravanSumo thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hello EDKV2 fanatics,

I joined this forum in September after I discovered that ITV shows have an engaged community here. This was maybe the only show which I watched and enjoyed thoroughly as it bought back the memories of school time and the promos back in January looked appealing. 

Things were great even after the show was suspended and restarted a couple of months later. There was a good story going, acting of the leads was on point until one day we learned that the show was going off-air and shifting to OTT. The track had changed and the story seemed unnecessarily stretched, the leads could not adapt to the writing of the team very well, random third and fourth angles were brought in and the same drama repeated everyday for almost a month until Shravan moved to Tiwari house and the quality improved slightly. We were almost there when just yesterday, the 'official' twitter handle broke the news that KK had quit and the new lead had started shooting her scenes.

At no point was anybody expecting this, and the motive behind this was not clear. The hype that was created during multiple IVs didn't suggest anything of this sort especially from KK's side. Neither was the motive of such a move clear. Why would KK want to prematurely exit her first show? Did she get better opportunities elsewhere? Was her contract not renewable or did she not want to? Did a riff occur between the leads or the production house and did they not think about the repercussions of this? Why in the world would fans suddenly want to see a new Sumo when the story was at the golden time of the show? The new girl is randomly getting hated for no mistake of hers but due to the team and KK. Changing supplementary characters like moms and chachas is cool, but what rationale could be given for replacing the lead at the time when the character needed KK the most. For the most part, I'm having serious doubts regarding KK and her devotion to her career and the opportunities she had. Even if she was going to leave, why did the stupid creatives not end the show on a good note? I'm sure this would have gone better with the fans. Seriously disappointed with Sony, the production house and KK. ðŸ˜¡

What do you guys think?

I hope this post does not violate the rules of the forum and in case it does, admins can take the necessary action.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

taya2217 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I totally agree with you but don’t feel like adding anything further because this sudden news of mai n lead quitting left so much bitterness in my mouth .....that I don’t want to say anything but hope this new girl possess good acting skills as Kanika was quite weak in emoting  but I respect her decision and wishing her good luck for the future .

rbpll thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I am not a fan of kk due to her lack of expression. But kk and mohit does look good togather. May be kk thought that she needs better director and script to bring out best from her or the show is ending soon so she don't want to waste any more time. 

Whatever it is ...the show has ruined from last 2 and half months. Therefore, this news didn't shake me at all. 

raahiyaan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The Official Page of the show said she didn't renew her Contract while Mohit Kumar did. Well, I respect her decision. The show had gone down the drain since the post leap started. An actor would obviously want something to improve their work. Doing happy, cute and romantic scenes while the writing still lacks major depth is obviously not enough. 

As for the show, I see continuation of family drama, etc. She might have asked the makers, what's the future track and by looking at the writing, the writers themselves seems confused. There had been many changes in the script due to covid but that doesn't mean they will keep giving excuses for the below avg storyline of post leap while it was supposed to be the main part of the show — I saw the live chat interview of Kanikka Kapur & Mohit Kumar where Kanikka herself was looking forward for the main storyline. 

It's not unprofessional of her to leave a show when her contract is ended. It's the fault of creative team, writers, for stretching episodes from past 3 months where they gave breadcrumbs of nice scenes, forget episodes. 

raahiyaan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Well yes, the new actor definitely doesn't deserves the hate. She is doing her job. 

While I too don't understand why couldn't they wrap up the show with Kanikka Kapur's exit? They are giving excuses the storyline is not completed. But it could have easily been shown till now instead of wasting episodes. 

rbpll thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: raahiyaan

The Official Page of the show said she didn't renew her Contract while Mohit Kumar did. Well, I respect her decision. The show had gone down the drain since the post leap started. An actor would obviously want something to improve their work. Doing happy, cute and romantic scenes while the writing still lacks major depth is obviously not enough. 

As for the show, I see continuation of family drama, etc. She might have asked the makers, what's the future track and by looking at the writing, the writers themselves seems confused. There had been many changes in the script due to covid but that doesn't mean they will keep giving excuses for the below avg storyline of post leap while it was supposed to be the main part of the show — I saw the live chat interview of Kanikka Kapur & Mohit Kumar where Kanikka herself was looking forward for the main storyline. 

It's not unprofessional of her to leave a show when her contract is ended. It's the fault of creative team, writers, for stretching episodes from past 3 months where they gave breadcrumbs of nice scenes, forget episodes. 

Thats the whole point...it's creative team which needs to be blamed. However, certain things doesn't add up. For eg...if it's a finite show why the question of renewing of contract comes. Isn't actors are bound to work throughout the running of such shows. Even if Kanika decided to leave the show...they should end the show instead of running it for other two months with new actress. What's the point of keeping new actress for a short duration because audience will not be able to accept her as a suman.

As much as I am cherishing suvan romance currently...it still doesn't rectify the incapability of cvs which they did from last 2.5 months. The whole crux of suvan's story i.e vijay's death, blame on devraj, court case....has vanished just like that. The incident which changed suman and shravan to a great extent doesn't hold any importance any more.

I support kk's leaving because Suman's character suffered the most. If she feel that she need better script to bring the best from her..she should go for it.

Edited by rbpll - 3 years ago
dhun.laagi thumbnail

Agreed. The storyline was messed up to the point where KK decided it is best to leave rather than continue. They should have been cognisant of that and not wasted the episodes and ended the show with the original leads reuniting. The audience could have put 2+2 together and interpret what happens to them in the future.