New Show - Same Old Saga?

piyali_rockstar thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Hi Guys, 

I am Piyali ! I watched Shruti Sharma in YJHJK and liked her work. So I had a chance to catch up on a few episodes of this show. So here we are yet again with a whole new show showing how bechari the female lead is and then how virtuous the male lead is. Will we ever get to the end of the takrar wala pyaar? 

Shruti Sharma is a great performer and like her as Kahaani urf cham cham rani in the show. But we need more meat for the show to do well I believe, in terms of ratings to capture the audience interest. 

Aditya seems okay till now as his character is shown to be stoic but I am not sure if he is good with his craft as I have not followed his earlier work. I liked how less he spoke when he spoke to Kahaani in Episode 3, just made his point clear and did not beat around the bush as to how he did not have any respect for her. I do not sympathize here with Kahaani for feeling bad about being called a nachaniya. I somehow feel when you get into something like this, I guess partly you are somehow used to these taunts. I am unable to sympathize with Kahaani urf cham cham whenever the whole nachaniya thing is brought up.

Also, I agree with someone who had made a post asking why they killed the most villanious looking character? I have seen him in pratigya show in star plus and he did a great job portraying the negative role in the show. I hope his character is not bumped off quickly. As far as I see, the show and plots look all predictable to me. 

Predictable Plot Points :-

1. Yug will marry Kahaani without consent. 

2. Monalisa, Rajshri Rani's characters will cause trouble.

3. Yug and Kahaani will grow closer as always the leads grow closer once they are married. 

4. Yug's Father and Kahaani will expose Monalisa's character. 

5. Yug and Kahaani will know that they are the childhood friends post the exposure.  

PS. Let me know what do you guys think? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kukuraja thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

yep. It's the same old saga. Seems a mix of a lot of older Gul Khan stories ( especially IPK and Qubool hai) 

Key elements:

orphan helpless bubbly girl whose daddy is alive 

quiet rich man who loves to insult her while being attracted to her

payal, dupatta, key/lock , nok-jhok - the works 

hero has daddy issues and therefore trust issues

Generous sprinkling of religious symbolism indicating the two are destined to be together. 

Married Brother lusting over girl leading to misunderstanding.

I guess most loves stories are all the same. its just how they tell it that makes it an outstanding one. 

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I saw enough of the first episode to flip the channel

Same stupid regressive nonsense sending wrong messages to society about how to treat women 

It’s one of those shows that will drag cause there’s no substance to it 

woundedsoul thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

It has became No 1 show of COLORS TV

What do you think is the problem with Gul Khan Shows recently ? 

The plotlines are ridiculously old and not even rehashed decently enough to bring a freshness to the tail. Why can't Kahaani be a dabangg girl who has a bit of a personality? Or atleast should her character not be aware of her self a bit more and not proclaim high moral grounds all the time. 

Can we for once see the girl owning up herself and her choice of life without any regrets ? How long are we going to be fed a dukhyaari bechaari and lachaar ladki?

kukuraja thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Well said. Bored of the  poor vulnerable girl + rich powerful guy  theme harlequin type romances that depict women to be constantly at the mercy of men. 

The female lead proclaims that her 'kala' is nothing to be ashamed of and yet in the next scene she blames her poverty for  her profession. So is she ashamed to be a street/item dancer or not ? And why all the waterworks at the drop of a hat ? Surely a street dancer cant be that mentally weak. 

Originally posted by: piyali_rockstar

What do you think is the problem with Gul Khan Shows recently ? 

The plotlines are ridiculously old and not even rehashed decently enough to bring a freshness to the tail. Why can't Kahaani be a dabangg girl who has a bit of a personality? Or atleast should her character not be aware of her self a bit more and not proclaim high moral grounds all the time. 

Can we for once see the girl owning up herself and her choice of life without any regrets ? How long are we going to be fed a dukhyaari bechaari and lachaar ladki?

Exactly, you totally voiced out my thoughts. I hope makers do check out the thread and give the characters a bit more meat and for god's sake give the whole tale a bit more spark. I cannot see the 1000th forced marriage on TV atleast not in 2020. Content really needs to be taken up by a notch.

Originally posted by: kukuraja

Well said. Bored of the  poor vulnerable girl + rich powerful guy  theme harlequin type romances that depict women to be constantly at the mercy of men. 

The female lead proclaims that her 'kala' is nothing to be ashamed of and yet in the next scene she blames her poverty for  her profession. So is she ashamed to be a street/item dancer or not ? And why all the waterworks at the drop of a hat ? Surely a street dancer cant be that mentally weak.