InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Is it just me or I think he was not that bad of an actor especially in early 2000s movies like Mohabbatein, MDK and MYKS. I mean you could say that he did one-dimensional roles but it was still better than doing roles which would not suit him and instead make a fool out of himself. He is much better than current crop of actors like Varun, Sid M, Tiger

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I wonder if others see when other actors mimic SRK's style of acting? Uday in a few of his movies was acting like SRK and then he got obsessed with trying to look like HR. Then Dhoom happened and he took over the lalloo act, he was cute in that. I like him the most in Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi and Dhoom series.

Just_Say_Cheese thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 5

I loved him in Mohabbatein ..and in Mere yaar ki shaadi ..he was so sweet in that

https://youtu.be/WTD2cYcY7_k

InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

He was pretty good in his cameo in Mujhse Dosti Karoge as well and his chemistry with Rani was really good

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I don't think he's leading man material but have found him enjoyable in sidekick and 2nd banana roles.  On screen he can be funny and charming.

Interestingly in an old KWK episode with Hrithik and Farhan they talked about when they were kids and what they all though they'd be and their consensus was Hrithik - actor,  Uday - director  - Farhan....  prison 😆.   I wonder why he didn't go into directing?  Did Uday ever work as an AD?

Lulzbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I liked him in Neal N Nikki, Dhoom....

Ahana_Sehgal21 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

He was good in Mohbattein, MYKSH ,Dhoom series etc... The truth is that Indians were  very unforgiving on Male/female  leads who are not conventionally good looking during his era.. Even now this bias remains..  

Happy he left India and is settled in US,  far away from all the trolling and negativity..

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Uday Chopra is a producer nowadays I think - in HW.

His first attempt “Grace of Monaco”  based on Grace Kelly’s life starring Nicole Kidman turned out to be a dud critically and commercially. Second seems no better...

He hasn’t given up, he’s doing one on Ingrid Bergman’s life 

Money no object for him...

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

The problem was never with his average looks. The problem was with YashRaj constantly shoving him down our throats throughout the 2000s in film after film. Unlike Alia he didn't have the press going gaga over his mediocre performances. And unlike Alia his acting didn't improve over the years either. I was very relieved when they finally stopped giving him chances.