Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: aaditi123

How many national awards do these contemporaries have combined? Not as many as Sunny Deol. 

Sunny Deol was a bigger star than these three combined and with that comes an inflated ego. While they adjusted to play character roles, Sunny only wanted lead roles. He'll have no dearth of top projects if hes fine playing a side character as well like those three. Has nothing to do with acting skills. 

1.Sunny Deol's acting was almost always reduced to piercing the audience's eardrums with his dialogbaazi and performing extraordinary stunts (often without a dupe). And yes, I include Ghayal and Damini where he won National Award for Best supporting actor. Compare it with Nana who won it for Parinda in the previous year and you can see why Sunny Deol falls short of expectations. He never worked on (or was unable to) on his craft. There was never any improvement from his first film. Little wonder that he didn't get work when his type of films went out of fashion, he did not have the tools to reinvent himself.

2.He did damage his back which limited his career.

3.And he had an enormous ego. I've heard about him leaving his Filmfare trophy in the bathroom because he was annoyed at being awarded for Best Supporting actor in Darr.All the three that I mentioned are exceptionally good at networking and getting along with people. Which is as important as talent.

Edited by capricornrcks - 3 years ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Whats next? Dimple on a platter maybe?