Jay Mathur – The Adi Naag (Analysis)

shivamsaxena158 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I know many don’t like jay but in the last few episodes heis rising in my books but I will be honest I did not like his character in the beginningor in in last few tracks when he was planning and plotting but now his opennessabout himself in last episodes that “he still wants power and he still thinksthat he hasn’t got enough power according to his stature of Adi Naag and hewill continue to fight for his this” and he said that to in front of bani andveeranshu without hesitation and openness when veer was fighting with him onhis betrayal so that turned me on now to analyse his character and his pov fromthe satyug to now

In satyug he as hriday and naageshwari were snakes first andthey were lovers so there was no unbalance but when suddenly naagesh wari hislove got the boon to be

-the oldest and most powerful shapeshifiing serpent The AdiNaagin

-She got the responsibility of protecting the Naagmani

-she got the shivji blessing

The seed of insecurity or inferiorness started to form inhis heart he was just a Aadi Naag but his lover got this everything but he squashedit, then everyone every naag naagins starting giving respects to Naageshwarionly Mostly if not more or less ignoring hriday as just only Adi Naag Lover ofNaageshwari

It was then his sense of insecurity and inferiority complexstarted getting bigger and bigger replacing slowly with self hatred and thenanger at everyone for not acknowledging him but he kept all of it in his hearthidden from every body and keep on pretending and fake smiling at everyonebecause it was satyug guys the rate of declining of dharma was lowest in thattime and dharma was at it’s peak then there was evil present in that yuga but ofcourse not to the extent of Treta , Dwapar andat the last Kalyuga so he thought what he was thinking was not right and It’sbest to just leave it and every time this feeling of insecurity, inferiority,and self hatred came he squashed it and supressed it but

As we know feelings are like river the more we tried tosupress them the more they come out stronger I think if hriday and naageshwari storycontinued in satyug then this feeling would have come out whether softly, or inform of anger, or in form of self hatred, or in the form of breakdown in frontof Naageshwari by hriday whether they were married or not but before any ofthis could happen hriday was killed and Naageshwari too died so that the end ofsatyug story

Now in kalyug the story progresses forward here jay mathur wasborn  and he was just that jay mathuer noextra baggage and that’s why probably he was showed as good guy

But then his past as hriday started to comeback to him andwhen it did oh boy

All of his memories all of his feelings  of insecurity, inferiority complex,self-hatred and anger got smashed into him he didn’t know how to handlehimself.

He got to know about himself as hriday and all that baggage abouthimself he felt it all of it that he was inferior to bani in terms ofpower,responsibility,stature,

Due to his feelings kept hidden inside for so long a dam offeelings started cracking as the jay Mathur and hriday merged and became one

Perception is funny thing jay saw that he did not act on hisfeelings and kept it all bottled up in him supressing it everytime theyresurfaced and how that made him miserable maybe there were a lot of reasons insatyug for not showing his feelings or true self like old customs, tradition,not enough courage, not the go get mindset, or his self hatred for having thesefeelings of inferiority and insecurity compared to adi naagin

But now in this modern world of go-get-Mindset and of selfempowerment he thought ‘enough is enough he will not stay silent this time andbecome stronger and more powerful then Adi Naagin so he can come at peace withhimself but in the quest of power and finally expressing and acting on hisfeelings he lost himself quickly

First he tried and alliance with Mayuri and Shukla that didnot turned out well then he got to know about his mother the fake maarkat andher powers

This was godsend to him in his pov for once someone his ownhis family his own mother chandrakala was on his side to get more powerful sohe can come at peace so when his tries of killing bani and geeting her powerproved fruitless he tried to have veer powers but then his mother true face gotrevealed to him she was just using him for her own goals and that’s when herealised what is going on and what’s happened in all this time

At the result of his quest of power bani got married to veerand is on his side mayuri got killed Shukla is useless and his mother betrayedhim by attacking him and now he is all alone

To those who all are hinting at the jay to involve In alovetriangle with bani I will say come on guys look at the episodes I mean I don’tthink he will try that route

He already tried that with Naageshwari in satyug he alreadyhad the love of her but he still felt inferior to her and that was why he wasmiserable and now in kalyug too

He has always been after more power to make himself strongestto make peace with himself whether it bi Adi Naagin powers or Veeranshu Powers

Make no mistake he loves bani he himself said in satyug andin kalyug too but his priority is to get rid of his inferiority and self hatredand insecurity and how much he wishes it bani and her love cannot solve that hehas tried that in satyug so he knows

And now after all the pretending he is tired of everything sohe confessed everything to bani and veeranshu and after all this his last hopehis mother betrayed him he is still not hesitant or afraid about to tell whathis priority is to bani and veer because he knows he won’t be at peace until hisgoal is achieved and he doesn’t want to die prematurely like in satyug

His mother betrayel has stung him deeply he knows she is thebiggest threat to Naag vansh ans chell vansh and she will destroy everything andif there is no naagvansh and cheelvash what would he rule over who would giveimportance to him no first Chandra kala has to be eliminated and he knows hecannot do it alone so that’s why he teamed up with bani and veeranshu but hemade his priorities clear to them that ‘he still wants power and he stillthinks that he hasn’t got enough power according to his stature of Adi Naag andhe will continue to fight for his this”

Now I think if the witers do it right and write hischaracter right and give more depths to it like they are doing now and make himfocuses on his weakness and strengths and his methods and improving thosemethods and maybe even changing them

I think Jay has potential to become the most formidable bigbad of naagin series even though the previous big bads like Sumitra taamsi sheshayaamini were good but they got repetitive because they were after naagmani whichis an external power source it only yours as long it is in your hands but herejay is after personal power not for greed like them or for his vanity like hismother but to be as powerful and important as adi naagin in naaglok to overcomehis inferiority sure he got in over his head till now but I think his mom’s betrayalgot him wake up call and got his head straight and if the writers want it thenthey have this golden opportunity to turn this character into some kind of Villain/Anti-heroHe is a grey character through and through and we are all like that in reallife too we all have good and the bad in us it’s up to us what to choose

Balance in power is necessary living in your partner’sshadow is not easy whether it be males or female the perception on powers alsodiffer and affect things

In N1 Ritik wanted to become Naag to be with shivanya buthis father rejected it but that was to be with shivanya some people or manypeople may argue me but I think he wanted to be her equal

If not let’s say about N3 bela and mahir I am sure manytimes mahir must have thought that he wished he could be a naag as powerful asbela to help her whenevrer she was fighting Sumitra, hokum, huzzor etc throughoutseason 3

This concept of becoming an equal or more powerful to yourpartner, lover, counterpart has not been used in this season 5 only the primeexample of this is vikrant yes the Vikrant of N3

He too wanted Naagraj position for himself and Bela as hisqueen but his more goals were for his mother Sumitra who wanted Naagmani

The worst part is he already had everything when he startedhe was going to marry ruhi as queen and became naagraj and become as powerfulas her his goal was within his reach

But he messed it up for his mother who he not until muchlater realised did not cared for him similar to jay here who trusted his mother

But the difference between vikrant and jay is that jayalready went ahead through that route that vikrant should have gone in satyugand he got nothing except misery he already tried the good adi naag route itdid not work for him infact it made him miserable from inside so that why hehad to choose a different route even then I know the way he did things it’s notokay at all and I am not saying he did right but just analysing and discussinghis pov like what he should have felt and what his journey was till now

For me he had multiple oppurtunities to become great tillnow

-if he wanted to feel important he could have been an undercoverinformer for bani like really going all the way villain he could have acted thepart of villain and be undercover and flush out enemies like mayuri and Shukla andexposed them and killed them that would have garnered him great prestige

-in terms of becoming more powerful he could have gone topanditji yes the one he killed

Inspite of this he went to his mother I can understand thisshe is the closest thing he can get to a supernatural family who would not judgehim and show him the path

But she here also betrayed him with this wake up call and ifjay utilises his and set his priorities straight according to me he has differentavenues of power available to him now which he could persue I will highlightthose which are best for him realising his goals without  getting thwarted or worse killed

Fake Maarkat Avenue-The one best possible Avenue which heseems to be going for till now in my opinion as he has teamed up with  bani and veer is for going for the powers ofhis mother chandrakala the powers of Sarpcheel that will make him unique andpowerful

Real Maarkat Avenue-He could try looking for real maarkat tosave him and bring him back and earn a powerful blessing that would make him powerfulthe real market could also help in defeating fake one,more points with veer andbani

Bani Adi Naagin avenue-this route has been tried by him manytimes he should know it’s futile with veer protecting bani and even then he isnot match for bani not now atleast

Veeranshu Avenue-As his mother betrayed him this avenue isno longer feasible for him

Anant Jharna-another possible avenue but not reccommeded asonly bani can open that door

Naagmani Avenue-already tried and tested method many triedand failed he should know better now

Bholenath Avenue-This Avenue was the one he should have tried but it is a long and difficult one by impressing bolenath and gaining powers directly from him

Well Phew so guys! What do think please share your thoughts  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niharikaishra thumbnail

I started watching season 5 very late...and honestly I m not here for romance ,Veer,or bani.Thriller elements are Usp of naagin series for me.. character of Jay adds The Thrill in series. cheel family is already my fvt..Tapish toh h hi fvt..baaki Vani ki silly fights n  romance part ko m humesha hi skip Karti hu....

InaMeenaDika thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Nice analysis.. u have given quite a lot of thought to Jay's character traits and his transition to what he is today... I kind of like him too nowadays  and though it's an uncommon opinion over here but I like their banters too.... as long as he does not get obsessed with bani, (which I agree would look highly illogical as he already had her previously) I find his craziness quite interesting.. but then u never know.. writers don't think that much..  they don't even put ample efforts in the lead characters toh side characters ko toh chod hi den .. 

Rein123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Well, i still don’t like him. Yes he has opened up and told Bani on her face that he is still after power, but he didn’t do that voluntarily, it was after she found out about him and he realised that his mother could just eliminate him the minute he became useless. 

This guy Jay wants power not because he wants to serve others, but because he wants to rule, he doesn’t like the fact his partner that is a woman is better than him and wants to be the one in control. He doesn’t want an equal but someone that he can trample over. To think that he actually attempted to kill Bani several times, just being honest once doesn’t redeem him. 

BarsaygaSaavan thumbnail

Yeah ... still don't like him 🤣

Or want him in the show 😳

He is no mastermind ... just a weak man with a few adhuri khwaahishein that are going to stay that way ... no point in glorifying his misguided pursuit of ... what it is that he wants again ?  😆

Edited by LamheChurake - 3 years ago
Sshesha thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

I agree with you. Jai's character is somewhat relatable. Everyone is selfish and they need to be recognized. And there is no limitations for Aadinaag. No one would be like in real as, Veer who give night dress to a girl at the wedding and drastically becomes a good boy in over-night. But we are liking him since beginning due to his straight-forwardness and being trustable. 

The problem with Jai is, he is not sure about his goal now. Bani or Powers... Most of the times, his emotions are portrayed in a wrong light. But to accept, his mind is full of baggages of depression, greed, inferiority complex etc. And that's why his head pained too much on the naag revelation episode... 😄

niharikaishra thumbnail

Originally posted by: InsaneSoul08

I agree with you. Jai's character is somewhat relatable. Everyone is selfish and they need to be recognized. And there is no limitations for Aadinaag. No one would be like in real as, Veer who give night dress to a girl at the wedding and drastically becomes a good boy in over-night. But we are liking him since beginning due to his straight-forwardness and being trustable. 

The problem with Jai is, he is not sure about his goal now. Bani or Powers... Most of the times, his emotions are portrayed in a wrong light. But to accept, his mind is full of baggages of depression, greed, inferiority complex etc. And that's why his head pained too much on the naag revelation episode... 😄

Jay is not evil...power hungry and inferiority complex has made him like that..

Sshesha thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: niharikaishra

Jay is not evil...power hungry and inferiority complex has made him like that..

Yeah, I am saying that exactly. What he need is confidence and encourage from Bani.