Posted: 3 years ago

Famous as in stars, media prone?

Nowadays, in this online world, you can be easily famous; not that easy but easy comparable to when there was no social media.

There are lots and lots of insta creators, YouTube creators, tiktok creators, and many ....apps 

So, why do people love being famous, what is the reason, except money?

Because, I feel there is so much drawbacks of this. Like:

Constant scruntiny 

Your each and every words have to be politically correct

You will be mocked, memes, distracks, roasts will be made (even if you are not wrong, because obviously everyone would not like you)

Your pics and videos will be easily accessible, these can be edited, made into anything they like..they can do nasty seeing them

Nonstop messages, tags, tweets to you

Pressure to please other people

Wouldn't it be tiring? 

Edited by Ajeeb-ladki - 3 years ago

bumping ...I don't know whether I wrote this post properly  or not hmmm

I'm camera conscious.

I avoid getting snapped as much as possible and if I make a video, I ask someone else whom I trust to check it out because looking at it myself makes me feel embarrassed because of the way I look or sound.

It doesn't look perfect and I'm prone to find flaws in myself when I look at an image of myself on screen. So being famous as an entertainer is not something I would like to be. Because of the way people judge and criticize you for your every move, it would be a nightmare for me.

Being famous for something else other than a performer, I wouldn't mind.

No way. I am an extremely sensitive person. I can't even handle it when some mean and rude people on this forum harrass me personally or attack my favorite bollywood stars. So I can't even imagine myself handling the pressure of being famous. I might have a nervous breakdown. 

Originally posted by Harley_Quinn

I'm camera conscious.

I avoid getting snapped as much as possible and if I make a video, I ask someone else whom I trust to check it out because looking at it myself makes me feel embarrassed because of the way I look or sound.

It doesn't look perfect and I'm prone to find flaws in myself when I look at an image of myself on screen. So being famous as an entertainer is not something I would like to be. Because of the way people judge and criticize you for your every move, it would be a nightmare for me.

Being famous for something else other than a performer, I wouldn't mind.

Me too ditto

I was thinking why do people love this, except for money?

It is tiring, right? 

Do they feel happy being recognised in masses, so just think all the discomforts are worth it?

Except for some, people are not even respected enough,.

Originally posted by Ajeeb-ladki

Me too ditto

I was thinking why do people love this, except for money?

It is tiring, right? 

Do they feel happy being recognised in masses, so just think all the discomforts are worth it?

Except for some, people are not even respected enough,.

It's the kick of being overnight famous. Having that larger than life image. Living a life which is not average.

And the way you have asked this question, everyone would say yes. Nobody would deny an offer for the lead role in a movie, because nobody denies a free thing. Neither you or me. But if asked to work or struggle for it, then nobody would find it worth it.

Thanks for replying Harley and heartbleed..

Hell no! Being famous in our time is a curse. Every minute detail is scrutinised. Any good you do is PR/ulterior motive. There’s no winning. If you’ve got a thick skin and can focus on the money making part, great. But otherwise, no thank you. I’ve seen the smallest to biggest stars who receive overwhelmingly +ve comments pick on the 10% who post vile comments so either they’re doing it to make themselves look good (for sympathy), or the 10% bothers them so much that they feel the need to respond.

I aspire to be this level of rich/famous -

https://youtu.be/_4xxbx7ALSA

Never... not even in my wildest dreams...

I'll always prefer a private life...

The glamourous life is good for some time... but for the long journey of life it's tiring as well as annoying... moreover the expectations people carry from a celebrity are too much for me to handle... so being famous is as good as a nightmare for me!

Being famous cannot be an aspiration I feel. At the most it’s a side effect. Everyone who starts doing something for fame runs out of it quite fast. 

Recently on TV, I watched the whole of Calcutta on the streets to pay homage to Soumitra chatterjee a great actor from Bengali movies who has like acted with Satyajit Ray and all...his movies are quoted by Martin Scorsese and Iranian filmmakers. He lived in a simple building and actually would go to market to buy vegetables and people would never bother him or anything...he wrote poetry, acted, painted..

That is fame in its real sense, where your work has touched ...so many people...but you have lived a life that has humility ... talent+hard work+humility. This is really what I aspire...fame is passing I feel...