Rupal Patel informs her stint as Kokila Modi was always for one month

Arko1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Buzz is,  aka  of ’s Saath Nibhaana Saathiya 2 (SNS2) is exiting the show after just one month. Admitting that her  is coming to an end, Rupal clarifies that ever since the beginning, both the channel and the producers were aware that it was going to be a month-long stint. “Everything was pre-decided, and we are parting on amicable terms,” she asserts.

She, however, says that she’ll never agree to a one-month stint again. “I’m a National School of Drama ( )graduate with over 20 years of experience. I don’t need to do such small parts but only agreed to SNS 2 to show gratitude to my audience, the show, and the channel. When SNS2 was announced, I was expected to return and I didn’t want to disappoint,” she reasons.

Kokila Modi found a new fan base during the lockdown with the viral video of “Rasode Mein Kaun Tha”, and during her brief stint on SNS2, Rupal got a chance to pay a tribute to it when Gehna leaves the kitchen and someone mixes eggs in the prasad. She will wrap up by the end of this week and her last episode will air by mid-November. Rupal isn’t sure of how her character arc will come to an end but insists that it will be a “respectable and beautiful exit for Kokila Modi”.

Source -

https://mumbaimirror-indiatimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/rupal-patel-informs-her-stint-as-kokila-modi-in-saath-nibhaana-saathiya-2-was-always-one-month-long/amp_articleshow/78986293.cms?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=16042987462354&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fmumbaimirror.indiatimes.com%2Fentertainment%2Ftv%2Frupal-patel-informs-her-stint-as-kokila-modi-in-saath-nibhaana-saathiya-2-was-always-one-month-long%2Farticleshow%2F78986293.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Good. Good bye Rupal. Accha hi hua jo bhi hua. Kokila and Gopi were anyway looking like extra characters in this new story. So this is good decision. 

We will be spared from torture as well. 😆 Especially after that Anda promo. 😆

Also, why do I think Rupal thinks too high of herself, she mentions her acting graduation Institute every damn time to show her reputation. Sometimes short roles are also needed to be done. She needs to be realistic here. 

Arko1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Dev.*

Good. Good bye Rupal. Accha hi hua jo bhi hua. Kokila and Gopi were anyway looking like extra characters in this new story. So this is good decision. 

We will be spared from torture as well. 😆 Especially after that Anda promo. 😆

Also, why do I think Rupal thinks too high of herself, she mentions her acting graduation Institute every damn time to show her reputation. Sometimes short roles are also needed to be done. She needs to be realistic here. 

@BOLD Right. 😵 She is a little overconfident on herself but thats completely fine after all she did 7 years of Saathiya thus her mindset has became a little like Kokila Modi who keeps chanting 'Mai Kokila Modi...' 🤣 maybe thats why.

Arko1 thumbnail

I solely appreciate Rupal for showing gratitude towards audience. Though Rasoda meme was a jib thrown at her character but she took it super sportingly. I knew she was never interested to play Kokila again, she was deeply shocked when channel decided to pull Yrhpk's plug. Her Meenakshi character will be deeply missed. I wish her all the best for her upcoming project. 👍🏼