Pretence or Change?| Scene analysis

sanakhan240201 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Guys I've never done this before so I am not good at this. Just bear with me ok?

Chetna, a lively girl, also the sister of Pranati mishra. Clearly, her self respect is really important to her and why it shouldn't be? Just because the two men who eve teased her were from rich background? No, it was her right to fight against them. Even though she saw the matter getting out of her hands and her best friend telling her back off as nothing will happen to Maan and Armaan Khurrana, she knew what she had to do. She didn't call her brother or her father. She called her elder sister. She knew her sister is the right person to deal with this. She was her role model and Pranati did make a good example in front of her

As a great sister Pranati was, she arrived on time and did the best thing she could have done, collecting the evidence against the three adults who were no less than a criminal in front of her. Third be the police officer himself who was a disgrace to his uniform.

Her confidence didn't even shake once as she threatened to post the video of all three of them online and get them locked up in jail. Khurrana brothers did know the importance of their pride but they didn't know how to mend their mistakes. They repeated the same action what they did a few hours ago with Chetna when a thunder like sound hit Armaan's ear. He was very well familiar with that sound, it was of his own brother slapping him. 

The Reyansh Khurrana, who was known for playing with girls was actually stopping his brothers, rather punishing his brothers for misbehaving with "Sharif" girls. Obviously, Pranati didn't buy of what she thought was an act. As Reyansh turned around to see, he was amazed. The one he was trying to find was finally in front of him. He could see those beautiful eyes that he fell in love with 8 years ago again. But he had a rep to maintain right? He had play it off cool. It didn't take him a second to put a stamp of stalker on her head.  As he grabbed her wrist tightly, the few tried to help but she didn't let them. 

"I can manage this" she said, "I want to see how low can this man go"

Every word of her sentence yelled confidence. Reyansh pulled her out and pushed her against a pillar of the police station, there was no hint of self doubt or fear in her eyes. She was prepared for this. She was not the old Pranati who couldn't say no in front of him. She was not the 18 year old her who would run away just in fear. She was grown up, strong and independent and that's exactly what she conveyed to him resulting in Reyansh being really impressed with her. He liked the change in her. 

Even though she was a head strong girl now, a little word like "Prani" from his mouth triggers a rage in her. Too many toxic memories make way into her mind. But she doesn't back off from saying anything now. She expressed what she was feeling. She told him clearly that  he has no right to say that after ruining her life.

But Reyansh will be Reyansh, he still couldn't find any fault in his cruel act. His lines, "don't bring past in present", "the chapter is closed, let it be there", clearly shows that he only lives in his own la la land. Pranati still doesn't shy away from correcting him. 

"It wasn't just a chapter" she said, "it was my whole life, my faith, my love"

At that very moment you can see on his face that he actually was a little bit guilty. As his eyes reflected the pain that Pranati went through. But when asked how can he take his past so casually, it was very easy for him to say that it was not a one way street that if he goes there he'll be stuck. Once again he made her realise that whatever happened between them 8 years ago was consensual. He never forced her to do anything against her will. 

This time Pranati had an answer to this taunt. The one taunt that haunted her, she finally had a argument against it.

"But you gave me the wounds without my consent. I didn't ask ask for it"

Reyansh saw a really different version of Pranati Mishra right then. It was like she took the mic in her hand and said as loudly as she can that he used her and whatever his brothers were doing is all because of him. Reyansh was rather surprised at her audacity. It was like she touched the most sensitive nerve in his body. No one ever dared to tell him his mistake directly on his face. But here was his ex-girlfriend, without any fear saying everything that she knew was right.

But Reyansh was changed too. When his brothers deleted the video from Pranati's phone, he asked them to never go through someone's private stuff. She still didn't buy it. Even though he was trying to be good, she stated that he could stop pretending as she knew him very well. She knew that he was a dog's tail that can never be straight. She pushed the other two aside to clear her way. 

There was a strangeness in that walk of hers. From Reyansh's eyes, she had become this assertive, bold girl. She had faith in her values and was not that sweet, fun loving, emotional girl, that he used to know. But apparently he was wrong cause that two drops of tears that left Pranati's eyes changed the whole game. Was she just faking that confidence in front him? Were her bitter memories that powerful that she couldn't fight against them?

Okay the reason why I chose this scene. This particular scene confuses me a bit. I could never point out that if both of them were being or real it was just an act. Was Pranati really that confident or was just faking it cause she didn't want Reyansh to win? Maybe she was channeling her pain into that aggression that she let it out on him. And was Reyansh really that careless about his past mistakes or was just hiding behind his cool dude attitude? Maybe he was just convincing himself that he was not at fault. What do you guys think, was that a Pretence or Change?

P.S.- Thanks Jey for asking me to do this. I really had fun. Hope I stood up to your expectations

Edited by sanakhan240201 - 3 years ago