In Barfi, was Jhilmil mature enough to give consent for sex?

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Barfi and Jhilmil never had biological kids. That doesn't mean they never had sex either.

Barfi must have realized that Jhilmil is not mature enough to go through all the pregnancy process, but did he also consider the fact that she might not be mature enough to give consent for sex either?

Jhilmil was suffering from autism in the movie, and in autism, it always depends on the particular patient that whether he/she is capable of giving consent or not.

Do you think Jhilmil was mature enough to give consent? How would Barfi know if she could or could not? Was Barfi able to control his hormonal urges while being married to Jhilmil? Not getting sex from your wife, and neither from any other woman because then it would be cheating. Imagine how frustrating it would be?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I dunno what to say ðŸ˜†

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

there was no indication in the movie that they had sex, it seemed like barfi and jhimil's relationship was more about the emotional connection of love rather than physical intimacy

arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

love does not mean sex

GumGum thumbnail

I always think about this when I think of Barfi and Sadma. 

GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: arnavfluffy

love does not mean sex

In Teletubbies' world. 

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Barfi himself was not mature enough, he was supposed to be deaf and dumb but acted like he is not mentally right there.

Edited by S_H_Y - 3 years ago
Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: S_H_Y

Barfi himself was not mature enough, he was supposed to be dead and dumb but acted like he is not mentally right there.

😆

Stella_001 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Harley_Quinn

Barfi and Jhilmil never had biological kids. That doesn't mean they never had sex either.

Barfi must have realized that Jhilmil is not mature enough to go through all the pregnancy process, but did he also consider the fact that she might not be mature enough to give consent for sex either?

Jhilmil was suffering from autism in the movie, and in autism, it always depends on the particular patient that whether he/she is capable of giving consent or not.

Do you think Jhilmil was mature enough to give consent? How would Barfi know if she could or could not? Was Barfi able to control his hormonal urges while being married to Jhilmil? Not getting sex from your wife, and neither from any other woman because then it would be cheating. Imagine how frustrating it would be?

It wasn’t shown or indicted in the movie that they had sex .. 

also love and sex are two very different things .. 

@bold : that’s aphobic .. relationship isn’t always about sex and if one of the partner or both of them are asexuals than yes they can go on without having sex ... 

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Stella_001

It wasn’t shown or indicted in the movie that they had sex .. 

also love and sex are two very different things .. 

@bold : that’s aphobic .. relationship isn’t always about sex and if one of the partner or both of them are asexuals than yes they can go on without having sex ... 

Love and relationships don't need sex but we all have sexual urges except asexual people (sorry for not taking them into consideration). But I'm not aphobic. You take that back.

Also there was no hint of Barfi being asexual in the movie, so if I don't consider him one, that's my choice and interpretation.