are we in a different time than bondita?

mnm13 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

youTube recommended me a video just now about child prostitution. after watching it i am surged with emotion i cant explain.

here we(not all some like me) are complaining why they had to make bon go through this hell.

but believe me makers aren't showing even 1% of the things this childs go through.

the ngo person said the youngest girl they saved was 10 years old 😭 

i think we should applause for the makers that they are focusing on a part of society which hasn't changed at all.

even 100 years ago women were forced into the world of sex labour band even now. the scenerio has only worsen.

is women empowerment real? if it's real then why there is illegal trafficking of young girls, small girl children😭

many on social media saying makers are going away from the theme they started. i beg to differ, they are showing exactly what they promised. yes they are slow because it's a daily soap. i watch kdrama mostly this is the only Indian show i watch. because this show talks with real issues, it tries to break the illusion of a perfect society.

may be we as an audience aren't prepared to see the reality they show, we want only happiness and joy around our leads. believe me i too want that for bon. but then it's not real. 

irony is they are showing a time period 100 years before ours but the issues they show about women exactly match with those of current period.

also some are worried about aurra. she has her parents with her at shoot and makers are also aware of her age. she will be fine and i think it's better to know these things in moderation while growing up than be in ignorance.

ps- i typed the whole thing than IF just crashed for me and everything was cleared

had to type again so many things were not expressed properly. ignore the mistakes, vabnao ko samjho 😊

pps - don't take personally. also by using we i am not trying to generalized every one. here we means some of us including me.

Edited by mnm13 - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shrabana99 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnm13

youTube recommended me a video just now about child prostitution. after watching it i am surged with emotion i cant explain.

here we(not all some like me) are complaining why they had to make bon go through this hell.

but believe me makers aren't showing even 1% of the things this childs go through.

i think we should applause for the makers that they are focusing on a part of society which hasn't changed at all.

even 100 years ago women were forced into the world of sex labour band even now. the scenerio has only worsen.

is women empowerment real? if it's real then why there is illegal trafficking of young girls, small girl children😭

many on social media saying makers are going away from the theme they started. i beg to differ, they are showing exactly what they promised. yes they are slow because it's a daily soap. i watch kdrama mostly this is the only Indian show i watch. because this show talks with real issues, it tries to break the illusion of a perfect society.

may be we as an audience aren't prepared to see the reality they show, we want only happiness and joy around our leads. believe me i too want that for bon. but then it's not real. 

irony is they are showing a time period 100 years before ours but the issues they show about women exactly match with those of current period.

also some are worried about aurra. she has her parents with her at shoot and makers are also aware of her age. she will be fine and i think it's better to know these things in moderation while growing up than be in ignorance.

ps- i typed the whole thing than IF just crashed for me and everything was cleared

had to type again so many things were not expressed properly. ignore the mistakes, vabnao ko samjho 😊

pps - don't take personally. also by using we i am not trying to generalized every one. here we means some of us including me.

Agreeing with each nd every line.. Surrounding with all comforts nd luxuries we can't even imagine what many girls/women have to face at some rural corner of India.. Then in 1920 society was more cruel towards women empowerment.. Hats off to the makers...❤️

Rudhitafan thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Munia I agree with you conpletely👍🏼

Unfortunately the truth is even after 100 years ...we are almost in same situation but still we have to be positive that many social evils have been stopped to some extent compared to earlier times....it's a fact they still exist in some parts....but we have to remember that there has always been such dark things existing in any time period.....but thank God we are now atleast living in an era where we woman can atleast dream to become something of our choice....we have more freedom...

But we will keep fighting not losing hope that someday there will come a time period when all such evil practices will be eradicated completely....hopefully....this hope will keep us move forward😊

Doe_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

❤️

Lovelypathak thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Can't agree more.  Today itself while reading newspaper I came across this headline "Untold story of lockdown: Child prostitution" In this article, there were startling facts and stories which can make anyone feel a shiver down their spine. Sadly, its true. One account that saddens me the most was the story of a 15 year old girl who tried to commit suicide to avoid forced marriage in West Bengal. But it does not end here. Her family got her treated. Even after all this they get her married too. 

I can't even imagine the trauma that girl must have gone through. Reading this article, i rebuked myself for whining over problems, which are not real problems actually. Most of our problems can be solved by ourself (subconsciously we know it) with the support system that we all mostly have. We are/were lucky enough to be given a chance to improve our lives. Think about those who were not given that opportunity too, who were not given a chance to escape from that world.

Sadly, main stream media does not showcase all these things as it doesn't fetch TRPs. People won't like to watch it as this would make them uncomfortable. 

leanne_1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Wonderful postsmiley32 I completely agree with you. I consider myself lucky to have come across this show. It is so different from the other Saas-Bahu or romance drama shows. Right from getting a little girl married to an old man, to Sati, to handling her bed wetting problem to getting sold to the Brothel. These are hard hitting and uncomfortable subjects which need to be addressed. It's not easy to show things like these in days where everything is about TRPs and entertainment. Kudos to the makers and the actors who are doing a wonderful job.

@underlined This is So True.

mnm13 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shrabana99

Agreeing with each nd every line.. Surrounding with all comforts nd luxuries we can't even imagine what many girls/women have to face at some rural corner of India.. Then in 1920 society was more cruel towards women empowerment.. Hats off to the makers...❤️

🤗ikr.

we are very lucky to born in an era when education is considered our basic right and in a part of the world where we could get it actually.

mnm13 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rudhitafan

Munia I agree with you conpletely👍🏼

Unfortunately the truth is even after 100 years ...we are almost in same situation but still we have to be positive that many social evils have been stopped to some extent compared to earlier times....it's a fact they still exist in some parts....but we have to remember that there has always been such dark things existing in any time period.....but thank God we are now atleast living in an era where we woman can atleast dream to become something of our choice....we have more freedom...

But we will keep fighting not losing hope that someday there will come a time period when all such evil practices will be eradicated completely....hopefully....this hope will keep us move forward😊

🤗

love ❤️ Krishna

how are you?

you were on a break?

you are right, we should not be discouraged rather take these things in mind to motivate us.

we are getting facilities which some women can't even think of. when we get a chance we should do something for them.

i am grateful to Almighty for the life i got. where I don't have to fight to get my basic rights.

mnm13 thumbnail
mnm13 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lovelypathak

Can't agree more.  Today itself while reading newspaper I came across this headline "Untold story of lockdown: Child prostitution" In this article, there were startling facts and stories which can make anyone feel a shiver down their spine. Sadly, its true. One account that saddens me the most was the story of a 15 year old girl who tried to commit suicide to avoid forced marriage in West Bengal. But it does not end here. Her family got her treated. Even after all this they get her married too. 

I can't even imagine the trauma that girl must have gone through. Reading this article, i rebuked myself for whining over problems, which are not real problems actually. Most of our problems can be solved by ourself (subconsciously we know it) with the support system that we all mostly have. We are/were lucky enough to be given a chance to improve our lives. Think about those who were not given that opportunity too, who were not given a chance to escape from that world.

Sadly, main stream media does not showcase all these things as it doesn't fetch TRPs. People won't like to watch it as this would make them uncomfortable. 

you are absolutely right 🤗

we are so depressed with everything. we feel like life gave us nothing. but i guess we actually never understand how comfortable our life is.

even in this pandemic these bad things are going on and on. i don't know when humen will learn humanity 

people in today's world like to watch someone flaunting their money over watching someone in need. we are in an era where shows without any concept and message tops the trp chart continuously just by showing leads getting married in disguise not only once but twice. also the wedding  day lasts for 2.5 months. those shows have double trp than BB which talks about real issues. 

ps- i am not comparing, just giving example of how underrated barrister babu is.