When Vicky Kaushal spoke about his struggle

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

When Vicky Kaushal spoke about his struggleFinance and Technology by Akash Nihalani | Sep 21, 2020, 20:29 IST

Share this on

Vicky Kaushal is one of the most popular stars from the current lot of actors. But, getting to this point was no cakewalk. While he was extremely talented, Vicky too had a long struggle to convince people of his abilities.

During an interview with a leading daily, the actor revealed that he was so fed up with facing rejections, that he even joked about paying money just to bag a role. He said, “I just wanted to work and do good acting. I would always get selected in the top 2 or 3 during auditions, but they would reject me after asking my budget. I would think that ‘maybe, they have rejected me because of my budget.’ So then, I started asking them their budget. When I said I would do it on their budget, they would still reject me. Then I said I would work for free (laughs), they would still not take me. At last, I had to say that I would pay but give me work.”

After delivering impressive performances in films like Masaan, Raazi, Sanju and URI: The Surgical Strike, one can safely say he’s now surely getting what he asks for.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pratts thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Kya faayda, after all the struggle they measure their own success by how many Btown parties they get invited to and trying so hard to fit in instead of being unique and true to who they are.....

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Pay to get work?what does he even mean? If they ask him pay ₹1-2Cr then?

What impressive, he was good in Raazi and  Sanju but in URI: The Surgical Strike, strictly okay. Maasan haven't seen.

Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Did Anurag asked him for money to be an AD for phantoms? That’s how it started for him. Being an Ad and getting the part.

Edited by Eboza - 3 years ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

When Vicky Kaushal spoke about his struggleFinance and Technology by Akash Nihalani | Sep 21, 2020, 20:29 IST

Share this on

Vicky Kaushal is one of the most popular stars from the current lot of actors. But, getting to this point was no cakewalk. While he was extremely talented, Vicky too had a long struggle to convince people of his abilities.

During an interview with a leading daily, the actor revealed that he was so fed up with facing rejections, that he even joked about paying money just to bag a role. He said, “I just wanted to work and do good acting. I would always get selected in the top 2 or 3 during auditions, but they would reject me after asking my budget. I would think that ‘maybe, they have rejected me because of my budget.’ So then, I started asking them their budget. When I said I would do it on their budget, they would still reject me. Then I said I would work for free (laughs), they would still not take me. At last, I had to say that I would pay but give me work.”

After delivering impressive performances in films like Masaan, Raazi, Sanju and URI: The Surgical Strike, one can safely say he’s now surely getting what he asks for.

If this is what guys go through its scary to think how girls land roles

kyapa thumbnail

Vicky’s elder brother who is almost 40 still struggling