Anupama didn't sell jewellery for her mom's operation

Sanaya-hi-Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

When she came to know about her mother's operation, she didn't sell her jewellery. Even though she said that she wants to become a good daughter, her actions truly don't resemble that of one. She is ready to sell her jewellery to fulfill Toshu's idiotic demand but not for her mom's operation. Kudos to you Anupama. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Sanaya-hi-Rani

When she came to know about her mother's operation, she didn't sell her jewellery. Even though she said that she wants to become a good daughter, her actions truly don't resemble that of one. She is ready to sell her jewellery to fulfill Toshu's idiotic demand but not for her mom's operation. Kudos to you Anupama. 

I really can't rely with Anupamaa sh'es as if a big player who tries her level best to be in the good book of those she likes and wants to be.

She's not naive but acts like one. This is my POV.

She just wants to please everyone otherwise if really she was scared of Leela or someone else she would have stuck to what they say.....

Sanaya-hi-Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ALUJNA21

I really can't rely with Anupamaa sh'es as if a big player who tries her level best to be in the good book of those she likes and wants to be.

She's not naive but acts like one. This is my POV.

She just wants to please everyone otherwise if really she was scared of Leela or someone else she would have stuck to what they say.....

Yes but she's not as good as she will like everyone to believe. In fact when Leela was asking for the jewellery back and said "mujhe raddi bhar bhi bharosa nahin" I felt for a split second that she might say "jo apne maike ka nahin ho payi woh sasural ki kya hogi "..Just Saying...but if she is a good daughter or trying to be one atleast she should have sold her jewellery for her mom not Toshu. 

soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sanaya-hi-Rani

Great point. Yes, why did she not sell her streedhan for her mom’s surgery? That was more needful than this frivolous ring to placate her overgrown son. 

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

When at that time anupama has  got job as cooking teacher and get advance salary then why will anupama sell her jewellery for mother operation  

Anupama has said  by that salary she will do operation of leg of  her mother 

And btw how much cost for leg operation anupama has to sell jewellery for it 

Angel_Shweta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

her mother still needs more money for her surgery. anupama still doesn't care. all she thinks of her spoilt brat toshu. uski khushi ke liye jewellery kya yeh apni kidneys tak bech de. but maa ke liye kuch bhi nhi. 

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

It is anupama jewellery  so technically no one can question why. She didn't not sell jewellery for mother operation 

In that way question is that why anupama  mother did not sell her own jewellery  to get operation of herself. I know  anupama family is not rich but  there is be some jewellery in house   of anupama mayka 

So in short nobody can question neither  anupama ' mother and even cannot anupama why didn't not sell their own jewellery or why did they sold their jewellery 

Yes we can tell them agar aap  aisa   karenge to isse to aapko ko. Loss hoga  aur agar aap aisa karenge  to  isse profit hoga  . We can give just information. We can alert them 

But no body can question them why they have sell jewellery or why they have not sell jewellery 

Because law gave fully right to women  that they are totally free to sell their jewellery at any time any where

AninditaB thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Apt question. I also thought the same. She can use some of the jewelleries for her mom's operation rather than using for her whiny son. Atleast it would have been worth it.

ThePhilosopher thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

The question is obviously of what is more important to Anupamaa being a daughter or a being a mother. Perhaps, for her, being a mother was more important to her than being a daughter. 

And before everyone starts attacking this point of view, please remember that life is full of compromises. I personally feel like being a mother is something that only mothers can know. The pain of giving birth, carrying a child in their womb for almost a year and so on... there muSt be some peculiar phenomenology that no other duties are prima facie. 

Unless we are all mothers, there is no real way of knowing....

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

She didnt sell her jewellery, didnt she get an exchange for it, what the price of her jewellery came to, she got another jewellery done....  

And to be honest i do agree with Vanraj and Leela that for engagement ring there was no need to pay out and get that, a gold ring will last for years...  just cos Toshu wanted it, doesnt mean it happens, in few years when Toshu starts earning he can gift his wife another ring. 

Edited by Lennie - 3 years ago