How did I miss watching VED & ARYA?!?

Aishu136 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Firstly, whoever is wondering who and what is this? "Ved & Arya" It's a short film starring our Sanaya Irani and Nakuul Mehta by TTT (available on YouTube - https://youtu.be/pZiz2ro4z9I)

Whoever has watched it already, discussed it and wondering why is this girl discussing about it now, well that’s me - A little slow catching up and damn slow &  unsure about posting my views - blame my silent reader post which I was shamelessly holding up for so long and happened to realise the unworthiness of it and become an active reader (but still not so active all the time) in this forum. So, here I'm, doing what I thought I would never do it - Posting my very first post in the very morning and what made do this? It's the pull I felt after watching  "Ved & Arya" 

Though I should have and wanted to post about IPKKND and Arshi but I don't regret posting this and you will know why when you watch  "Ved & Arya"

• Why I watched it - of course because of our very own Sanaya Irani 

• How I watched it - Randomly recommended by YT for me! And so glad it did!! 

• My Thoughts after watching "Ved & Arya" - 

Ved putting his child off to sleep which makes you wonder wow such a goody husband and texting his wife about his achievement.. You wait for our heroin’s entry then bang she gives the grant entry, for a moment I was wondering if this is real because I almost visualized the real Sanaya Irani and Mohit here - they are such sweethearts!! 

Then I was shocked to realize Ved is actually not Arya's husband and thinks with my over smart brain that Arya could be Ved's friend or may be priya's - well you can't blame me for cliché here, our serials, movies and what not taught us two good looking people can only be lovers and partners already *facepalm* So, coming back to the story, when you are wondering about the relationship these Ved and Arya would be having - Arya comments about Ved being born for being the dad -which is the best comment for any parent I suppose, but for some reason, I was expecting it to be a joke sarcastic comment and worst, expected any reaction but positive reaction, again blame my stereotype viewing of stories!! 

But Ved took the complement actually as a complement then started analyzing the reason behind Arya's visit and man, did I get blown away from knowing Ved and Arya are siblings - well truly blown away!! 

And Ved being the brother who knew his sister in and out, asking, naah, but grilling her about her visit, shows their bond! And these siblings, they are like that right? They who think who know everything about us and sometimes, it’s turns out to be true, painfully true!!! 

Then the actual reason comes out - it's about Arya's relationship!! 

Ved was the real brother, who knew everything about his sister - right from her disaster first dates till she finding out her partner!! That's what sibling does right? Knowing you (so well) - Looking through you - pulling you out from your misery!!! 

And for any younger ones, their older ones (bro or sis) will be the role model (of course youngers ones wouldn't admit it) be it studies, sports and relationship - we look up to them and follow their footsteps, unknowingly! Likewise, Arya always wanted to find her partner just like how Ved found his! 

And that expectation led to series of disappointments, failure, doubts till Arya actually found her partner! 

I'm not at all amazed at Ved realizing the seriousness of Arya's relationship just when she explains about it.. and assures her, she should quit worrying about the consequences and enjoy the moments (which is very tough for some people like me or so I thought) 

Then, came the actual surprise Aadhi (Oh man, did it blown me away?!?) Off my chair? Yes literally!! 

And the whole part, Ved is being normal about it and the whole crux of the story!! There is nothing extraordinary or extreme about it which calls for any other reactions but positive one) 

I absolutely loved how Aadhi and Arya sits together on the sofa, looks up the ceiling and looks up the stars, with hands joined (the way Arya looks up at Aadhi with her eyes filled with love, holding hands with joy and sighs with contentment which is what many missing to see it) 

And atlast, Ved looks at Aadhi and Arya from his room, smiles and leaves them alone for them to have their moment!! 

What amazed me - so many things, right from the story as such and the way it was captured within 12 mins without any cliches (there is not a single scene which I felt unwanted or unrequited - all unrequired elements like Priya, baby weren’t shown only) - No stereotypes (which amazed me like anything) - No compromise to what the story is - Ved and Arya acting just added flavour to the story - Lastly, the concept as such! - We all think and say things which are still stereotypes and how many of us actually started breaking it up like Ved? Because, talking, preaching about it is easy and showing and accepting is tough - May be, it's time for us to question, are we really ok with this? Instead of Why? Let’s start thinking Why not? - Why not, might change our whole prospective!!!  

And most importantly, my last thought was - How did I miss watching it earlier? But better late than never!! So guys, who ever has not watched it, please go watch, it is a must watch and thought provoking!!! 

• As guessed, yes, I have not revealed the whole story because I want the suspense element to be there for people who is going to watch it for the first time!! So, let's not break it for them! 

P.S. Those who haven't watched "Ved and Arya", please watch it and then come back, give your views😊

And those who have watched it, would love to hear your thoughts!! 

Please note, I haven’t proof read or corrected any mistakes as I believe first thoughts are best ones, don’t want to ruin it by adding or changing anything! Don’t mind any mistakes and any thoughts, recommendations and responses are welcome😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ssttuuttii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Hello!

I liked it too 😃.

I had watched it right after it was released so I don't remember my first thoughts in as much as depth as you... but yes.. it breaks the stereotypes so efficiently, making us question our own thoughts (in a good way).

And both of them are great actors, their chemistry together (even as siblings) is great too. Maybe the fact that they are such good friends in real life also translates on screen as their comfort with each other.

The fact that it is short and crisp is commendable too 😃.

Don't worry about being in the late club, I came to know just yesterday that IPK Rewind was not only am edited version of IPK like I had thought... but it also has narrations by Arnav for a few episodes in the beginning!! I'm going to watch it now (at least the episodes till when he narrates). This was released in Jan 2019 and I'm going to watch it in Sept 2020! So yeah.. better late than never 😉😛.

Love,

Stuti

P.S. High 5! ✋🏼 Welcome to the "silent readers breaking their silence" club 😆.

Savera84 thumbnail

I don't think I have watched it Aishu.  So, I won't read your post until I finish watching the short movie.  

Congratulations for posting your first ever topic.🥳👏

Today for some reason I got lot of back log.  I will finish everything and then watch Ved & Arya.

Cheers......

Aishu136 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssttuuttii

Hello!

I liked it too 😃.

I had watched it right after it was released so I don't remember my first thoughts in as much as depth as you... but yes.. it breaks the stereotypes so efficiently, making us question our own thoughts (in a good way).

And both of them are great actors, their chemistry together (even as siblings) is great too. Maybe the fact that they are such good friends in real life also translates on screen as their comfort with each other.

The fact that it is short and crisp is commendable too 😃.

Don't worry about being in the late club, I came to know just yesterday that IPK Rewind was not only am edited version of IPK like I had thought... but it also has narrations by Arnav for a few episodes in the beginning!! I'm going to watch it now (at least the episodes till when he narrates). This was released in Jan 2019 and I'm going to watch it in Sept 2020! So yeah.. better late than never 😉😛.

Love,

Stuti

P.S. High 5! ✋🏼 Welcome to the "silent readers breaking their silence" club 😆.

Hi ssttuuttii, 

Oh good you watched it immediately! I actually don't know how I miss it especially when it got all positive reviews  all over, could be during the time I was away from IF and other platform.

Yeah I agree, they are great friends in real. Just like how Barun and Ridhi in Asur!! 

The difficulty with short film is portraying the whole story within few mins and writer and director have used every second of it so well! 

Oh my, really? I remember watching IPK Rewind in bits and pieces and after Arnav's narration, I use to go watch the whole episode on Hotstar -  Lol why settle for less when you can watch it full! Since it's a treat to watch the episodes anytime, enjoy watching IPK Rewind again.. 

Awww, hi 5 🙌 girl!!! And I must say you are doing a commendable job in reviving IPK forum and also Raji (Savera) and others. Kudos to you for taking the initiative and others for joining in👏

I'm may not be active but will definitely drop by in between whenever I get time, anytime to have this forum with us🤗

Aishu136 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Savera84

I don't think I have watched it Aishu.  So, I won't read your post until I finish watching the short movie.  

Congratulations for posting your first ever topic.🥳👏

Today for some reason I got lot of back log.  I will finish everything and then watch Ved & Arya.

Cheers......

Raji, 

I was waiting for your thoughts man! 

But in a way I'm glad that you haven't watched it. Please complete all your works and then watch - it's only 12 mins duration. 

And then share your thoughts 🤗

Thanks dear 😊 of course, You guys are all the inspiration!

Now that I have started with my own post who knows I might post something or other regularly, hopefully!! 

piyaarshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aishu136

Firstly, whoever is wondering who and what is this? "Ved & Arya" It's a short film starring our Sanaya Irani and Nakuul Mehta by TTT (available on YouTube - https://youtu.be/pZiz2ro4z9I)

Whoever has watched it already, discussed it and wondering why is this girl discussing about it now, well that’s me - A little slow catching up and damn slow &  unsure about posting my views - blame my silent reader post which I was shamelessly holding up for so long and happened to realise the unworthiness of it and become an active reader (but still not so active all the time) in this forum. So, here I'm, doing what I thought I would never do it - Posting my very first post in the very morning and what made do this? It's the pull I felt after watching  "Ved & Arya" 

Though I should have and wanted to post about IPKKND and Arshi but I don't regret posting this and you will know why when you watch  "Ved & Arya"

• Why I watched it - of course because of our very own Sanaya Irani 

• How I watched it - Randomly recommended by YT for me! And so glad it did!! 

• My Thoughts after watching "Ved & Arya" - 

Ved putting his child off to sleep which makes you wonder wow such a goody husband and texting his wife about his achievement.. You wait for our heroin’s entry then bang she gives the grant entry, for a moment I was wondering if this is real because I almost visualized the real Sanaya Irani and Mohit here - they are such sweethearts!! 

Then I was shocked to realize Ved is actually not Arya's husband and thinks with my over smart brain that Arya could be Ved's friend or may be priya's - well you can't blame me for cliché here, our serials, movies and what not taught us two good looking people can only be lovers and partners already *facepalm* So, coming back to the story, when you are wondering about the relationship these Ved and Arya would be having - Arya comments about Ved being born for being the dad -which is the best comment for any parent I suppose, but for some reason, I was expecting it to be a joke sarcastic comment and worst, expected any reaction but positive reaction, again blame my stereotype viewing of stories!! 

But Ved took the complement actually as a complement then started analyzing the reason behind Arya's visit and man, did I get blown away from knowing Ved and Arya are siblings - well truly blown away!! 

And Ved being the brother who knew his sister in and out, asking, naah, but grilling her about her visit, shows their bond! And these siblings, they are like that right? They who think who know everything about us and sometimes, it’s turns out to be true, painfully true!!! 

Then the actual reason comes out - it's about Arya's relationship!! 

Ved was the real brother, who knew everything about his sister - right from her disaster first dates till she finding out her partner!! That's what sibling does right? Knowing you (so well) - Looking through you - pulling you out from your misery!!! 

And for any younger ones, their older ones (bro or sis) will be the role model (of course youngers ones wouldn't admit it) be it studies, sports and relationship - we look up to them and follow their footsteps, unknowingly! Likewise, Arya always wanted to find her partner just like how Ved found his! 

And that expectation led to series of disappointments, failure, doubts till Arya actually found her partner! 

I'm not at all amazed at Ved realizing the seriousness of Arya's relationship just when she explains about it.. and assures her, she should quit worrying about the consequences and enjoy the moments (which is very tough for some people like me or so I thought) 

Then, came the actual surprise Aadhi (Oh man, did it blown me away?!?) Off my chair? Yes literally!! 

And the whole part, Ved is being normal about it and the whole crux of the story!! There is nothing extraordinary or extreme about it which calls for any other reactions but positive one) 

I absolutely loved how Aadhi and Arya sits together on the sofa, looks up the ceiling and looks up the stars, with hands joined (the way Arya looks up at Aadhi with her eyes filled with love, holding hands with joy and sighs with contentment which is what many missing to see it) 

And atlast, Ved looks at Aadhi and Arya from his room, smiles and leaves them alone for them to have their moment!! 

What amazed me - so many things, right from the story as such and the way it was captured within 12 mins without any cliches (there is not a single scene which I felt unwanted or unrequited - all unrequired elements like Priya, baby weren’t shown only) - No stereotypes (which amazed me like anything) - No compromise to what the story is - Ved and Arya acting just added flavour to the story - Lastly, the concept as such! - We all think and say things which are still stereotypes and how many of us actually started breaking it up like Ved? Because, talking, preaching about it is easy and showing and accepting is tough - May be, it's time for us to question, are we really ok with this? Instead of Why? Let’s start thinking Why not? - Why not, might change our whole prospective!!!  

And most importantly, my last thought was - How did I miss watching it earlier? But better late than never!! So guys, who ever has not watched it, please go watch, it is a must watch and thought provoking!!! 

• As guessed, yes, I have not revealed the whole story because I want the suspense element to be there for people who is going to watch it for the first time!! So, let's not break it for them! 

P.S. Those who haven't watched "Ved and Arya", please watch it and then come back, give your views😊

And those who have watched it, would love to hear your thoughts!! 

Please note, I haven’t proof read or corrected any mistakes as I believe first thoughts are best ones, don’t want to ruin it by adding or changing anything! Don’t mind any mistakes and any thoughts, recommendations and responses are welcome😊

Hey!

Every single aspect you mentioned, I felt the same way watching the short film. (Except for the fact that I watched it the very next day)

I mean sanaya Irani is such a versatile actor. She should actually do modern and open roles more.... I hope 2021 is her year as she has been stating 💃

- shikhapiya 🌼

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aishu136

Raji, 

I was waiting for your thoughts man! 

But in a way I'm glad that you haven't watched it. Please complete all your works and then watch - it's only 12 mins duration. 

And then share your thoughts 🤗

Thanks dear 😊 of course, You guys are all the inspiration!

Now that I have started with my own post who knows I might post something or other regularly, hopefully!! 

Aishu, it is a wonderful short film.  Thank you for sharing it.  Coming to brother and sister conversation, it is so homely, friendly and lovely.  They know each other so well.  Especially Ved knows his younger sister so well.  They kept the suspense until the last minute, that was good. Adi's entry though different, did not surprise me.  I am currently reading two FFs where Arnav's father in one and Anjali in the other have the same romantic choices.  So, FFs are exploring these things more and making people aware of the conditions.  Social awareness is always good.  Do we need to know who is who, I don't think so.  That is their life and that was their choice.  We should be mindful about those relationships.

Cheers.....

Savera84 thumbnail

Updated.......

That was really strange, I quoted my own post.😲

Cheers.....

Edited by Savera84 - 3 years ago
Aishu136 thumbnail

Originally posted by: piyaarshi

Hey!

Every single aspect you mentioned, I felt the same way watching the short film. (Except for the fact that I watched it the very next day)

I mean sanaya Irani is such a versatile actor. She should actually do modern and open roles more.... I hope 2021 is her year as she has been stating 💃

- shikhapiya 🌼

Hi Shika, 

Ohh great you have watched it immediately!! 

Yes She is versatile actor any actor would like to do different and contrasting roles to prove their talent. Both Barun and Saranya are seem to be climbing the latter slow and steady!!

I'm sure they will prove their talents and yes we wish to see her more, hope 2021 turns out to be her year!!! 

Thanks for your reply and sharing your thoughts😊

Aishu136 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Savera84

Aishu, it is a wonderful short film.  Thank you for sharing it.  Coming to brother and sister conversation, it is so homely, friendly and lovely.  They know each other so well.  Especially Ved knows his younger sister so well.  They kept the suspense until the last minute, that was good. Adi's entry though different, did not surprise me.  I am currently reading two FFs where Arnav's father in one and Anjali in the other have the same romantic choices.  So, FFs are exploring these things more and making people aware of the conditions.  Social awareness is always good.  Do we need to know who is who, I don't think so.  That is their life and that was their choice.  We should be mindful about those relationships.

Cheers.....

Rajiiii🙂

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I know you will like it😊

Yes, I too liked Ved - smart, outspoken, understanding and knows his sister very well!! My sis used to claim I'm that to her but I feel she is that to me!! She knows me so well than myself.. 

Yes, feelings, love, relationship, compatibility can never be measured!!!