Chitrangada Singh : The fight for justice should be for everyone

Rosie_Marco thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Actor Chitrangada Singh has slammed the ongoing ‘media trial’ of actor Rhea Chakraborty, in connection to the Sushant Singh Rajput death case. 

Chitrangada, “It definitely bothers me because it’s too extreme at times. You want to sit and judge people and their moral character so easily. I feel one should refrain from doing so because it’s affecting people and their families a lot. Yes, I do believe in justice but the fight for justice should be for everyone. A person is innocent until proven guilty. There’s a popular saying, ‘It’s better that 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man be wrongly convicted.’”

“Media trials can do a lot of damage to a person’s life. Suppose, hypothetically speaking, what if this person is found innocent at the end of it? So much damage has already been done to them and their peace of mind socially and it’s not fair. One should sit back and think about it as much as we are looking for justice. A little moral decency needs to be observed. Let law take its course. It might take its time but in the meanwhile, we should be compassionate a bit. What if Rhea is not guilty? Think about ‘what if’ before passing judgments.” 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nema123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Very well said Chitrangada.!

raj80 thumbnail

There is no responsible journalism practiced among Indian media. They all stoop to get higher ratings . The headlines like "We are the first news channel to report it" are self explanatory. 

Does anyone remember  Sarvajeet Singh Delhi case? 

For those who don't know and for those who have forgotten.

Few years ago a media trial had ruined Sarvajeet Singh's life.

Then Times Now anchor Arnab Goswami and other media channels had labelled him as an "eve teaser", "Delhi Ka Darinda", "Pervert of Delhi" after Jasleen Kaur had falsely accused him of improper behavior. 

Jasleen Kaur had accused Sarvajeet Singh of verbally harassing her at traffic signal in Delhi. The incident made national headlines. 

https://twitter.com/JasleenKaur89/status/635518688280469504?s=20

Without any delay Delhi police arrested him.

According to the prosecution , he had come on a bike from the wrong side at a traffic signal and was about to hit the woman who was a student then.

Saving herself, when she confronted Singh, he allegedly abused her and criminally intimidated her when he saw she was clicking his picture, the complaint claimed.

Arguments in the case couldn't begin bcoz Kaur didn't attend a single hearing. 

News channels kept hounding Sarvajeet and kept debating even taking bytes from his father with headlines as "Delhi pervert's father speaks". 

https://twitter.com/Abhijeet1407/status/1187801192824360960?s=20

https://twitter.com/TimesNow/status/635780088647127040?s=20

In those 4 years it was difficult for Sarvajeet to live in the society. He lost his job . His career was tarnished by the case. His father passed away. 

Meanwhile Jasleen Kaur was nowhere to be seen. She had moved to Canada. 

Last year the Delhi court gave him a clean chit. 

Edited by raj80 - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

What happened with her husband 

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
How much u took , stop d media trail n pseudo victim card n leave alone poor world . leave n u go girl , never come back . let's smash n demolish bolly patriarchy n druggiewood lol .
raj80 thumbnail

I am not supporting Rhea nor am I going to accuse her on the basis of media trials. I will wait for the judgement. Hope justice is served. 

I have found the link to the Sarvajeet Singh Jasleen Kaur case :

https://www.nationalheraldindia.com/india/times-now-will-you-issue-public-apology-now-ask-twitterati-after-sarvjeet-singh-is-acquitted-by-court

Edited by raj80 - 3 years ago
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
Rhea is arrested , shut up n deal with it , satyameva jayate ! criminals will think to make crime , drugs n crimes will become uncool n uncommon 😂
raj80 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cool_N_Cold

Rhea is arrested , shut up n deal with it , satyameva jayate ! criminals will think to make crime , drugs n crimes will become uncool n uncommon 😂

Is this directed towards me? 

Sunflower234 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: raj80

I am not supporting Rhea nor am I going to accuse her on the basis of media trials. I will wait for the judgement. Hope justice is served. 

I have found the link to the Sarvajeet Singh Jasleen Kaur case :

https://www.nationalheraldindia.com/india/times-now-will-you-issue-public-apology-now-ask-twitterati-after-sarvjeet-singh-is-acquitted-by-court

Remember Dr Kafil Khan case too. How Media made him Darinda?

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

a 100% agree with her.....although personally I think Rhea is guilty but this media circus and people using a sad death to forward their own agenda got out of hand...Shame on the ring leader Arnab.🤢....CBI, ED, Narcotics  ko kyon involve kiya ...Arnab and his joker mandali could have solved it.