||Dil hi toh hai||- KeerTi TS (Part 2 Pg2 updated 14 sept)

nish_vir thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Hey guys, this is my first time writing here. Hope you will enjoy this piece

Part 1-

He could not help the smile anymore.

He had his fists tightly clenched under the table and eyes closed out of fear- fear that the hope he was holding in his fist would slip past. It was only when his table came alive with cheers, did he register the name that was announced. His eyes flew open and he stood up in confused awe,his mind barely keeping up with the patting on his back. Still in half denial,his gaze flickered towards the left of his table and found her eyes, shining,with happiness.

He could not help the smile anymore.

“Ms Preeti, and Mr. Keertan Tibrewala have won the Rajastan Influencer of the year award, owing to the astounding success of their wedding planning firm, Shaadi Mubarak! A huge round of applause for our stars!” Mr.Raunak shouted. He was one of the jury members, and a stalwart in the business industry, his publishing firm acclaimed all over India.

KT smiled widely as his mother hugged him while his father smiled proudly. He had done it. No. His eyes found her again, embracing Kusum who was probably way happier for her saheli. Yes, they had done it.

Moving around the table, he walked towards her and signaled towards the stage. Nodding, with the brightest smile he had ever seen, they walked towards the stage, side by side.

“Congratulations, Ms. Preeti and Mr. Keertan”, Smiling they accepted the trophy and the cheque, and faced the camera, their head held high.

“I happen to have another surprise for our influencers”, Mr.Raunak announced as he went up to the podium. “My enterprise, SteelWills will be investing in Shaadi Mubarak.  And I’m doing this not because they won this award, no, I first hand witnessed the work ethics these two displayed when I attended a wedding they had planned. It wasn’t brilliant, no, it felt simply so intimate that I couldn’t help but think this is what our Indian weddings should be like. So, congratulations once again!”

After exchanging greetings as Raunak took off stage, KT was handed over the mike. He glanced around the hall and felt respected, real respected. Felt good.

“A star of the bygone years whose brightness had fizzled out in this age of talents, is what I was called- He smiled as Preeti lightly touched his shoulder in a gesture of understanding, “I never had much motivation following the fallout in my personal life. I smiled every day, to hide the failure I felt inside of me and yet couldn’t do a thing about.  But then something pricked-

He paused passing a meaningful glance in Preeti’s direction who just rolled her eyes. KT chuckled, “It had started off as something along the lines of Strike while the iron is hot, my chachu wanted me to work not because they were ashamed, but because they wanted me to live again. And Damn,I rose to the challenge!”

His voice picked up fervor as he took a step forward. “I am what I am today, because of my family who have always supported me. But I am where I am today because of someone who rejected me, brutally-none other than my partner- Preeti ji!”

Preeti groaned as KT turned to face her. He seriously was a petty man!

“I may have had boasted of business skills, but she had magic in her thoughts. I realized it, and then it took a lot of coaxing and pleading to make me her business partner. A work that had started off as a means to earn myself back, became my happiness. Shaadi Mubarak is not a business for me, us, it’s the light that brightened both of our lives, to the bestest we had ever wanted it to be. Thank you!”

A thunderous applause rose, as KT stepped back and handed over the mike to Preeti.

“How can I- Preeti mumbled, her smile fading into worry lines. At this, KT glared at her,his fingers tightened around her fingers, which he had forcefully wrapped around the mike. “No excuses, Preeti ji. This limelight is yours, so you’d better steal it”. He winked and pulling his hands back, got off the stage.

Descending the two steps, KT went up to his family and looked eagerly towards the stage.

Preeti gulped, her fingers by reflex rising to wipe the sweat off her forehead. KT sighed shaking his head.

“Inki aadat kabhi nhi jayegi”

And then as she put the mike closer to her lips, her lips pressed into a thin line and her eyes widened. KT sighed again, “She froze again. Even after the countless nights we have practiced her social skills!”

“Countless nights?!” His mother asked suddenly, her eyes filling with suspicion.

KT cried, low key scolding himself for sighing so damn loudly when his entire nosy family was right here. “Maaa….it’s an expression!Now, please focus”

Preeti looked over at the table where her family was sitting- Her daughter urging her to speak, her son-in-law and his sisters clapping fervently while Kusum ji- simply flapped her lips up and down-threatening her to speak. Preeti smiled right then and her shoulders loosened.Her eyes then moved to his table, out of sheer reflex of relying on him for motivation. She could read his lips mouthing off one of his famous movie lines,his way of exasperating and motivating her. At that moment, she just remembered one thing he had said- sochna mat, muh ke sath bas dil aur khol dena.

Kusum snuck a secretive glance as she followed her saheli’s eyes, keeping contact with KT’s.  “Raam ji ki ghodi, inn dono ko akal do thodi, kab band hogi ye aankh micholi!”

And she started,“We, the women, live in a world where everything is our responsibility. You cannot even live for yourself properly.And even if you live for others, it has no value. Our sacrifice is downright insulted as a necessity. I never paid it much mind though, since childhood Ihad been fed with these very notions. Heart wants what it wants as what they say today, my heart though- I couldn’t hear it in the silences of my dreams that were never allowed to breathe. But my dead dreams rose to life one day.Everything just clicked”, Preeti smiled, “17 months back, when we started Shaadi Mubarak, I would’ve never expected to make it so high. I had just wanted self-respected, but with it I learned the art of living, and fighting. Every wedding we planned wasn’t any less of a battle, and yet we triumphed because I had people who cared, employees who fell nothing short of family and clients who were full of understanding”. A round of applause followed.

Preeti paused, there were things to be said but she didn’t want to. She got off the stage and was surrounded by reporters.

“Miss Preeti, initially Shaadi Mubarak didn’t have much task force…how did you manage the weddings then?”

“That’s true, but we never fell short of hands either. As I had mentioned earlier, like any other startup, we started off on a rocky patch-even if we had funds and clientele, thanks to KT ji, it was difficult to rope in people. My family helped a lot. Kusum ji, and our children were always ready to lend a hand. Actually, some 4 months into the starting, the wedding we organized was aided by the bride and groom themselves. Those children bore the responsibilities of their marriage just because they wanted their families to enjoy. It was truly a joyous occasion. They helped us make everything sail smooth, and we persevered to make everything grand”.

“Can you tell us about your own children?”

Preeti was about to speak up when she was interrupted.

“Maa-

“Mummy ji!”

Juhi’s smile vanished as she saw her scoundrel brother and his scheming wife approach, like two starving hyenas. Kusum rolled her eyes,wondering why their faces hadn’t split apart from that excessive smiling.

Media turned towards Tarun and Rati. “Oh, are they your children?”

Rati smiled, “Yes, I am her most adored bahu and he is her lovely son”

Juhi felt irritation prick her tips and took a step forward,“Inki toh main-

“Nhi, Juhi”, KT stopped her in time, his fingers tapping her fist.

“Par ye dono- Juhi trailed, disgust marring her beautiful features.

“Raam ji ki ghodi, izzat chali gayi par inn dono ne paise ki chahhat na chodi”, Kusum shook her head.

“Your mother is not the old Preeti, Juhi. Na hi vo bechari hai aur na hi abla. Today, not only her spirit but even her words have power.Let her triumph on her own today. I believe, that aaj Preeti ki talwar zaroor chalegi”

At that Juhi looked at him weirdly as he just shrugged, “Firsthand experience hai mujhe. We had done quite a bit of sparring”.

“Main kahan thi tab?” Kusum asked out of the blue.

“Apne ghar par”

“Aur meri beti?”

“Vo bhi aapke sath thi”

“Par KT sa, vo toh aapke yaha kaam kare hai”

“Haa toh vo kaam par thi”

“Toh thhe dono kaha par thhe?”

“Hum dono wo ma—

KT paused, his eyes widening to saucers. What a frightening lady! He had almost slipped!

“Kai, KT sa?” Kusum asked, her eyes drilling him with suspicion.

“Kuch nhi, Kusum ji. Aap wahan dhyaan dijiye na”.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vishakha12agr thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

More than preeti, i love kusum. Kusum Kaisi hai yaar question pe question karti hai par agar voh nahi hoti toh shaadi mubarak dekhne me maza bi nahi aata.

I love your update, it is awesome and would want to read many more parts , so continue to write.

nish_vir thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vishakha12agr

More than preeti, i love kusum. Kusum Kaisi hai yaar question pe question karti hai par agar voh nahi hoti toh shaadi mubarak dekhne me maza bi nahi aata.

Raam ji ki ghodi, vishakha ekdum katak boli😆. On a serious note, yes, kusum is love. She is sassy, witty and everything

I love your update, it is awesome and would want to read many more parts , so continue to write.

Glad to know that😃

chinnu_kaku thumbnail

🥳awesome writting girl.kahin tumari story ko channel hack na kardhaen..love it❤️🤗

luvzindagi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

I totally loved it 😘😘

Please update soon 

tvs123 thumbnail

very nice. please continue.

TunesOfHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠! 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭! 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝! 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡! 

𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 😂

Edited by TunesOfHeart - 3 years ago
MeetPremeer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Intereating start

I am loving it

nish_vir thumbnail

Hey guys, I'm back with the next part. Hope I will be able to step up to your expectations.😃

Part 2

“Kuch nhi, Kusum ji. Aap wahan dhyaan dijiye na”.

Albeit grudgingly, Kusum complied and turned her attention to Preeti.

“Oh, toh aap hai inka support system!” A woman with the mike asked Rati.

Rati smiled another diabetic smile, “To be real, it’s all owing to mummy ji. I am so blessed to have her as my saas”.

Preeti’s nose crinkled in exasperation. Media clearly had seen her sitting with Kusum and children, and yet her referral of familial support was being linked to her son and his wife! How deeply ingrained was patriarchy in their minds!

“Preeti ji, would you like to say something?”

Preeti looked at the two faces, full of hope and smile- a farce to fool the entire world, because every time she had been with just two of them, only sarcasm had greeted her.

“It’s true to say that they are the source of my inspiration”, Preeti spoke and saw Juhi’s face deflate. Continuing, she took a step forward, her eyes hardening, “Had they not bought me to Udaipur, I would’ve never realized the importance of self-respect. If this son of mine had not made me understand that his-their house can never be mine, I would’ve never become independent”.

“Maa tu ye—

Tarun started to interrupt but Preeti raised her finger and halted him. “I came to the bitter realization that every battle fought for him was lost on me. I came to realize that blood doesn’t establish relationships,but love and respect does. And I am proud to say that, these people— 

She stepped past the embarrassed duo, and side hugged Kusumji, “- are my family. Samdhan dost nhi ban sakti, vo toh best friend ban sakti hai. Kusum ji taught me the value of self-respect, at every step of the way she empowered me to be bold and strong. And this is my son—

Preeti stepped between Juhi and her husband, “— and daughters- all four of them who were forever prepared to help without even asking. This is my support”

Tarun and Rati slipped away quietly, as media clicked Preeti and her family.

Preeti smiled again as she saw KT trying to slip away, “And then there was KT ji. I have never in my life come across a man like him,always willing to help and listen to others”

KT froze as Preeti approached him, and cameras faced them,“I may have burst out on him many a times, but he never lost his composure, and always with a calm mind encouraged me to push forward. I sincerely believe, the day he asked me to be his partner was the best day of my life. To have crossed paths with you, was very annoying in the start but to be at the receiving end of your concern, is a  privilege. Thank you for coming in my life, KT”, Preeti ended, her eyes seeking his.

His heart skipped, god knows how many steps and fell real hard, on the softest patch of flowers. He was thanked for being a part of someone’s life, when all those years back he had been rejected. His eyes tore up, and he turned his face away.

“And yet again, you are crying”, a soft chuckle followed and KT turned back his face to see a blue handkerchief forwarded in his direction.By then, media had dispersed and was focusing their attention on the esteemed jury members.

He accepted the handkerchief and wiped his eyes.

“Look, how swollen your eyes have become. Your photo will definitely get ruined”, Preeti remarked as KT’s eyes widened and he quickly opened the front camera of his phone to check his face, “They seem fine!”

He narrowed his eyes at her, and she just shrugged.

“Preeti jiiii”

“OTGgggg”

KT groaned. That again! “It’s not OTG!”

She stifled a smile at his cranky expressions. She had learned a thing or two about getting on his nerves. It was fun. He always got worked up when she messed his name.

“KTG…OTG…they sound so similar!”

“I’m just plain KT, that ji is unnecessary..ugghh!”

And Preeti started laughing. In that moment, KT couldn’t will his eyes to look away. She just—

His hands moved forward in a trance, their destination-her enchanting face.

“Let’s have dinner, KT?!”

His advancing hand was clasped firmly as an arm was thrown around his neck. His chachu smiled, his threatening grip on KT’s awry arm conveying the words behind his smile.

And his trance broke, eyes widening in shock. What was he doing?! Aghast, he looked at Preeti’s retreating form and then at his hand. Had he been bewitched?!

As he was turned around with force, his chachu cleared his throat, “It is below you to be doing such things”

“I-I was doing NO such thing!” KT replied, horror dawning in his eyes. The mirth behind his chachu’s words clearly lost to him.

Masking his grin behind a tight lipped expression, chachu passed him a dirty glance, “Say it to the hand, that was approaching her!”

“I was just—

KT stopped, her smile making round of his memories again.

“What?” Chachu asked, his brows shooting up onto his forehead. “Probably there was something on her face, or maybe was their lice in her hair?!”

As the last words drawled into amusement, KT’s eyebrows scrunched and he pulled away disgusted, “There was no damn lice!”

“Then?”

“It’s just that Preeti’s smile—

“Preeti, huh?!”

KT rolled his eyes, “Preeti JI’s smile bas….bas—

“Bas…dil main utar gayi”, chachu completed, making KT pass him a confused look. Because it was true. He so wanted to capture it. He just wanted to feel it.

“Don’t be so shocked. A look in the mirror will do you well, but dinner before that”.

His thoughts in a loop, he joined his family on the banquet table, Preeti sitting right opposite to him, engaged in conversation with Juhi. What was this feeling? Why did his heart beat so fast when she was near? What was this constant need to be around her, all the time? 

“Don’t look at her like this, usse nazar lag jaegi”

KT jumped up shocked, the violent clattering of his seat attracting everyone’s attention but he just looked her way. And as she raised her brows in concern, he just blinked with a smile and sat back.

“Don’t surprise me, mom!” He gritted, keeping his voice low.

And then focused on his meal, clearly disturbed.

“You love her?”

Another shocker. And he choked on the food. Reaching for water, he looked at his mother, “No! I mean what? I-no—

His voice trailed off as he looked across the table, the unmoving glass simply pressed to his lips as he focused on her who was stuffing kusum’s mouth with rasgulla. He laughed, shook his head and then a beat later his smile turned flat, his eyes freezing in realization.

“I-Is it that obvious?” He mumbled, hiding his face in his palms his red ears a clear giveaway of his embarrassment. What an abrupt realization it was!

His mother nodded, gently chewing on the rice in her mouth.“Painfully so. Yeah. Your eyes are too loud, my son”

And he turned a deep crimson, his eyes stealing a peek at her from in between his fingers. Just HOW did he look at her?! He really needed a mirror!

“Um…I’ll be b-back!” Shooting up abruptly from his seat, KT excused himself. His heart was pounding hard.

Leaning against a pillar in the far off corner of garden, he let go off the breath he had been holding. 

Love! 

Lovee! 

LOVE! 

Was he in love?!

After all these years, he was in LOVEEEE!!!

A bashful grin broke across his face, his fingers fisting to control the dance raving to breakthrough.

He clutched his chest, and felt his heart going ghoomar in there. Chuckling again, he slipped his fingers into his vest’s pocket and pulled out a photo.

“Now I know why I couldn’t put you away”, the woman in the photo smiled back while he bit his lips on seeing himself in the background,his eyes focused on her.

“So that’s that ‘painfully obvious so-idiotically-in-love look, huh?! I must say, it is quite becoming of me. The dimples are just exquisite”, And shaking his head, he slipped the photo back near his heart, his fingers staying a moment too long there.

“I can see now why these past days I’ve been doing those things”. He murmured, slipping against the pillar onto the grass.

Those things pertaining to him annoying Preeti to the point that they visited Fateh sagar every single day after office hours. The site of-their discussions, the-countless-nights and of course, the verbal sparring where his annoying self would force her hand in an effort to unravel her tightly wrapped heart. Surprise! Surprise! He had not only unraveled his, but had already placed it with her. She remained clueless though.

“Hope so. She might actually disappear if she gets to know!”

“Know what?!”

Surprised, his neck turned at the speed of light, and a click echoed. KT groaned, “Shitt!”

Suppressing her chuckle, Preeti joined KT at his seat and placed a bowl in front of him.

“Ye?” He asked, craning his neck left and right to set it straight.

“You didn’t even taste the ladoo so I bought you one!”, Replying nonchalantly, she munched on her rasgulla, enjoying it very much.

KT looked at her, and his heart started bhangra. Literally glaring at his chest, he slapped down his palm over it just in case, it was too loud.

“You gave me a scare!”

“Glad to know!”

“Missed me so soon?” KT asked in an attempt to throw her off or more so to divert his heart.

“Hmm, couldn’t help it. Aadat hai aapke sath ki”

And KT turned his face away, his heart banging against his ribcage, protesting to jump out. Preeti smiled. He was habitual to taking compliments in stride but her words of appreciation were his weak point. He had confessed to that.

“Y-you are flirting!” He accused, his heart soaring at her mischievous smile.

“I’ve learned from the best”, She flashed a grin and KT closed his eyes.

Restrain,KT. Restrain. This fresh realization of love meant that his feelings were not reigned as of yet. They were going berserk.

“I-I am no f-flirt”, KT stammered, his face turned away. In her interests of course.

“Haan, aap flirt nhi namoone hain”

“Namoonaa!?” He turned to her abruptly, his lips pouting.

“Nosy bhi”

“Nosyyy!!”

“Oh, and thode se narcissist bhi!” She pointed, keeping the bowl aside.

“Narcissist, aur main!!? Matlab, aap mujh jese cute, sweet,caring, charming, sensitive—

An exasperated glance from Preeti shut him up, and he deflated like a pin pricked balloon. And Preeti, burst into laughter.

“Oh, and—

“Aur kyaa?!” He whined, his heart clearly sobbing.

Preeti looked at him, his eyes pleading, and she got up.

“Preeti ji, boliye na!”

He really really needed to know what she thought of him!

“Annnnd—

KT leaned forward in his sitting position.

Preeti leaned down that instant, her face alarmingly close to his. KT gulped as she put her lips close to his ears.

“Aap jese hain, vese hi bahot ache hain. Kabhi kisi ko khudko badalne mat dena”

And she pulled back, laughed at his dumb expression and walked back to the banquet.

KT pressed his palm against his ear, his face flaming hot and his spine sizzling with current.

“Just what in the world!!!”

SOOO, HOW WAS IT? >< 

Personally, I really enjoyed writing it.  Do share your views😃

nushhkiee thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

Nice niki...👌

Loved it...❣️

Continue soon..👍

Do PM me😀