Anyone saw Indian matchmaking on netflix

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Fair warning ...u could get triggered majorly if u have been through bad experiences in the arranged marriage space 

It’s cringe max at many levels..also lots of casual sexism, colourism on display too

It’s like an oddly entertaining train wreck if ur amused by how such ppl exist 😂

any thoughts 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kyapa thumbnail

Reality is much worse actually the way people all around us look for rishtaas 🤢

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

The way the matchmaker lady Sima/Seema keeps emphasising on how people need to lower their expectations from their life partner, it feels like she's selling a product on eBay. 😳 Why should someone lower the expectations from his/her life partner ? Aparna is independent, picky girl, but quite clear on what she wants and whom she can accept and whom not. Problems are with Akshya and his cringeworthy mother.  And may be Seema's outdated style of match making. 

The show is a cringe binge. 🤣 Unintentionally funny and may be it's time Seema lowers her judgmental nature and keeps an open mind about her job, instead of checking with some Baba to find their stars🤣. 

Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

I was left fuming after watching it. Seema Taparia is obnoxious 

rocky212 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The idea of lowering ones expectations for a SPOUSE will always be wild to me. This show, while entertaining to watch, was a backwards mess. The worst person was that Akshays mother. That woman was so abusive! I kinda feel sorry for him. No wonder he's weird. Also was her wanting a flexible wife for her son a sexual thing? The awkward pause made me think it was! And wtf does he have to get married before his brother and SIL can conceive? This mother is up in every ones' business FFS! And while Aparna seems kinda miserable and totally lacks self awareness, I kinda found myself identifying with her too many times 😆Apart from the comedy thing of course. I need my spouse to have a sense of humour!

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Sadly, this is the reality of our community. It's so pathetic. 

FanofAreebsMum thumbnail

Sima over uses the word "compromise"..

and it appears like they set Aparna up with obvious dud dates for some TV drama... Aparna said she prefers north indian, she gets set up with a south indian.. she says she doesn't wanna date lawyers, she is set up with one..

stopped watching after episode 3... wish they had more interesting characters

and why is Nadia so dickmatised .. she seems like a nice person and those dudes are below her league but she likes them all.. da fuq

CuttingChai thumbnail

Its getting a lot of hate.  Is it a show or a movie or reality show?

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

It's okay show , I thought I will end up hating everybody, but they all came across decent with issues coming from their background or parents or peer pressure.

There is nothing to be triggered about if you try to understand people.

Edited by S_H_Y - 3 years ago
S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Nahiiinnn

Its getting a lot of hate.  Is it a show or a movie or reality show?

Reality show (which is obviously half scripted)