Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Muskie thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

lo...ab log Indian hoker fair skin ke liye bhi royenge.....dark skinned hoti toh pata chalta...ki what they face.....seriously..its like white people crying ki they are also victim of racism....reverse racism exists only in the minds of these people....

that's not true, white skin is also a disadvantage. Many of my friends (so called) refused to stand with me during a selfie or group photo kyun ki "iski wajah se colour difference aayega yaar" and there were many more instances were I was mocked at. So racism is faced by every one but not on a huge amount like dark skinned people. But I hope and wish it doesn't happen anymore

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Nahiiinnn

So Fair & lovely is just &Lovely now kya? πŸ˜†

Glow and lovely

Muskie thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ponymo

But I don't think she was that fair. Still appears a shade darker than Kareena. Also, unlike NNM, women are rewarded for being fair, unlike men, for whom being too fair could be a curse. 

Her struggle is unfortunate, but... I don't think she couldn't make it because of her skin tone. She just couldn't make it for whatsoever reason, but she had to rationalize it so she put it on her complexion.

ohh I never realised preet was Soumya tondon πŸ˜†. They might have turned her darker to make kareena look better(just an assumption). Coz in one of those reality shows she was quite fairer

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Nahiiinnn

So Fair & lovely is just &Lovely now kya? πŸ˜†

Too fair & lonely. Or Pale & toughly.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

I hope this stereotype changes. There are some fabulous actors in both India and Pakistan (haven't seen Bangladeshi cinema/tv yet) who would do wonders abroad if they wanted to.

But then Preity has recently been cast as the lead alongside Veer Das in an American show. She is quite fair as per Indian standards...so maybe this stereotype may change soon.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

I hope this stereotype changes. There are some fabulous actors in both India and Pakistan (haven't seen Bangladeshi cinema/tv yet) who would do wonders abroad if they wanted to.

But then Preity has recently been cast as the lead alongside Veer Das in an American show. She is quite fair as per Indian standards...so maybe this stereotype may change soon.

Even Aish wasnt dark skinned.  I think Hollywood is more welcoming to women of other ethnicities cos they are considered exotic while for men  its the opposite 

Edited by 2RsFan - 3 years ago
Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Even Aish wasnt dark skinned.  I think Hollywood is more welcoming to women of other ethnicities cos they are considered exotic while for men  its the opposite 

Yeah thats true. Also I think whites love having our complexion and get spray tans to attain that while here everyone is getting fairness injections.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Yeah thats true. Also I think whites love having our complexion and get spray tans to attain that while here everyone is getting fairness injections.

They age terribly too compared to other races

Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I think we should recognize that even fair skinned people.... thin people.... flat  chested people get judged too. It’s not only the thick and dark 

Fair, Skinny, & Tall is the beauty standard almost all across the world. If people start crying for being the beauty standard, what should the rest of the world do? 

On topic, the racial profiling in HW is disgusting. Hollywood barely gives big characters to brown or Asians as it is. Most top actors are either White or Black. How many brown characters did you see in Avengers or any big franchise films?! They like to act like the colors in between black and white don't exist. 

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

They age terribly too compared to other races

Yes true. Lack of melanin does that. The irony is that one of the reasons they get spray tans is to hide their age (face lines etc) but that speeds up ageing.