Users

Frequent Posters

Uma2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: CatcherInTheRye

Australia mein ek baar bhi trend nai hua😳

Seems like Punjabi janta didn't like it that much, 

I wouldn’t assume that unless it is not trending in Canada or UK either where there’s significant Punjabi population. I’d assume it’s doing well in UK with Raj Baddhan doing their interview. No idea about Canada. Anyway, Shehnaaz isn’t expecting anything much from Punjabi janta as much as she would be happy if they supported. So that’s just as well. It’s actually remarkable  then if she with Tony has managed to penetrate a non-Punjabi demography altogether. 

Edited by Uma2010 - 3 years ago
CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Uma2010

I wouldn’t assume that unless it is not trending in Canada or UK either where there’s significant Punjabi population. I’d assume it’s doing well in UK with Raj Baddhan doing their interview. No idea about Canada. Anyway, Shehnaaz isn’t expecting anything much from Punjabi janta as much as she would be happy if they supported. So that’s just as well. It’s actually remarkable  then if she with Tony has managed to penetrate a non-Punjabi demography altogether. 

any grudges against Punjabis Uma?? Seems like you have started disliking Punjabi folks in general😊

By Punjabi janta, I didn't mean that Punjabis dun like her, in Australia they loved her and supported her immensely. It is just that may b we coudlnt connect to urban Punjabi tone of the song. And I have noticed sana stans from Canada showing their displeasure for the song, yday.

iram510 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

It’s trending at no.2 here in the UK 👍🏼

Uma2010 thumbnail

Originally posted by: CatcherInTheRye

any grudges against Punjabis Uma?? Seems like you have started disliking Punjabi folks in general😊

By Punjabi janta, I didn't mean that Punjabis dun like her, in Australia they loved her and supported her immensely. It is just that may b we coudlnt connect to urban Punjabi tone of the song. And I have noticed sana stans from Canada showing their displeasure for the song, yday.

No. You are the one who mentioned that it seemed Punjabis didn’t like the song. Not me 🤷‍♀️ And I just repeated what she has always said. That she hasn’t felt the love and support and so I assume she wouldn’t be expecting much either. 

Punjabi populations are highest in USA, Canada and UK with the difference in community representation between Canada and UK being marginal. Since the song’s trending #2 in UK, I thought it would be mistaken and far-fetched to assume Punjabis don’t like the song. So, I would hope for Shehnaaz’ sake that Punjabi janta like her song. 

As for Punjabis, I have a major issue with parochialism and obsession when it comes to regional language and identity. It’s something I learnt only after knowing Shehnaaz herself and after being on this forum too. 

Edited by Uma2010 - 3 years ago
BS.KSG_Dewani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

Omg this is huge !!!! It’s trending worldwide no 1 🥳🤪I just can’t wait for the first look ❤️

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCxkGZVh6mL/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Uma2010 thumbnail

Alright. Move to the next thread please and have a beautiful day people. Tc. 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153648349

CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Uma2010

No. You are the one who mentioned that it seemed Punjabis didn’t like the song. Not me 🤷‍♀️ And I just repeated what she has always said. That she hasn’t felt the love and support and so I assume she wouldn’t be expecting much either. 

Punjabi populations are highest in USA, Canada and UK with the difference in community representation between Canada and UK being marginal. Since the song’s trending #2 in UK, I thought it would be mistaken and far-fetched to assume Punjabis don’t like the song. So, I would hope for Shehnaaz’ sake that Punjabi janta like her song. 

As for Punjabis, I have a major issue with parochialism and obsession when it comes to regional language and identity. It’s something I learnt only after knowing Shehnaaz herself and after being on this forum too. 

I know she doesn't expect, as she got hatred earlier but still Punjabis love her immensely. 

And it's not Punjabis have any obsession with language, we listen to other music too, just do not connect where Punjabi language is twisted and mixed. That is all. And Punjabis do have this identity thing in their blood. Those living in Punjab or out of Punjab. We feel more connected as we are staying away from our roots. So yeah may be, but depends how others perceive us🤷‍♂️