Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

'Nepotism is rubbish, most time-wasted topic': Amit Trivedi

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

by Filmfare | July 7, 2020

Composer and singer Amid Trivedi who sung a lot of songs for Sushant Singh Rajput, whose tragic death sparked a debate on nepotism in the film industry, recently said that there is nothing called nepotism in the industry and that all these claims are a waste of time. 

Amit has been a vital part of many of Sushant’s songs and said that Manjha from Kai Po Che, Namo Namo Shankara, Qaafirana, and Jaan Nisaar from Kedarnath will be the go-to songs to remember Sushant by. 

During an interview with a leading daily, Amit said, “Nepotism is rubbish. It is the most time-wasted topic people are consuming these days. There is nothing called nepotism. If there is nepotism, it’s only among heroes and heroines, otherwise, it’s nowhere. No one’s father is bothered about whose son is the director or the music director or the singer. You should ask this question only to actors. No one else is bothered about it, I am not. There is nothing called nepotism in the music industry.”

Amit started his journey in Bollywood with the Rajeev Khandelwal starrer Aamir. He however received the spotlight after working in Anurag Kashyap’s DevD when he delivered chartbuster tracks like Emosanal Atyachar, Duniya and Nayan Tarse.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Does he think the audience is stupid and does not understand what's going on? 🤡

There IS nepotism, favouritism, pressure and sabotaging going on in the music industry. No statement can hide the fact.

PS:

While this is what the veterans say:

Q: I remember reading an interview where you had lamented over the fact that these days, you have people with MBA degrees dictating how films and music should be made.

Anand: Yes, I strongly feel that these people should become a little flexible. They should understand that commerce is one thing and art is another thing.

Milind: They are mixing commerce with creativity. The music companies should focus on marketing and not interfere in the creativity process.

Anand: Exactly! Imagine how would a director feel if I go to the sets and give him advice on how to take a shot.

Q: So many of your songs like ‘Aye Mere Humsafar’ (‘Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak’) and ‘Shehar Ki Ladki’ (‘Rakshak’) have been recreated in the recent past. What do you think about this trend?

Milind: I am totally against recreations. Perhaps, the only good thing that comes out of this practice is that people from the younger generation who might not have heard our older songs are getting to know about them.

Anand: A lot of times, they do not credit the original composers while recreating a song. That is absolutely wrong.

http://www.planetbollywood.com/wp/interviews/we-have-composed-some-of-our-best-tunes-during-the-lockdown-anand-milind/

Edited by Ashley.Tisdale - 3 years ago
Ennuyi thumbnail

I love Amit Trivedi's music..but this a tone deaf comment