Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Thanks for clarification

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

RkS, thanks

But I noticed Urdu words being used even by the child Krishna & Balaram, as well as elders, like Akrura, Kansa, et al.  During the early pre-Jarasandha part of the serial

This used to bother me more, but then I was like... no one was speaking Hindi then anyway, so what does it matter which kind they spoke, as long as there's no tapori slang happening ðŸ˜† I think there might've been a couple factors here, both the fact that there was this intention of making SK relatable (hence the slower pace so you could got some extra introspection), the influence of later sources, esp poets (Narottamdas, Raskhan, etc which was more the case here than with RSR), and the fact that not too far into this serial, the Sagars started Alif Laila and other Urdu/Farsi literature-based fantasy shows so there was a bit of mindmelding happening.

Also, speaking of Ramanand Sagar, he had appearances and commentaries following the deaths of Abhimanyu, Karna and the end of the serial, so in what role was he involved in the making of the serial after his sons took over?

Mostly just a figurehead to maintain the Sagar brand. He did play a role in helping decide which tracks were covered, but was no longer writing, directing, or approving the visual treatment on a day to day basis. Hence the gaudier look and the weird pacing, with certain tracks taking dozens of episodes to complete and certain ones getting little more than a mention. In fact, I recently learned that as the show went on, even the sons weren't super involved, they started hiring a lot more outside ADs and writers to take over and that cohort included DKDM's Nikhil Sinha and others from the current crop mythomakers. This is where they cut their teeth.

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Nikhil Sinha was involved in the latter SK? ðŸ˜² Now I'm no longer surprised at some of the weird tracks they showed.

Though the younger Sagars butchered some of the more recent mytho shows, they were still involved in making both RSR and SK with their father and I don't believe they'd have completely butchered it, especially if their father was still in the background. But it makes sense if even they weren't involved in the latter SK.