Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Sushant Singh Rajput’s Sonchiriya co-star Manoj Bajpayee has said that he had achieved nothing till the age of 34, which is how old Sushant was when he died last week. Manoj also said that he will always remember Sushant as a man who embraced his small-town origins.

The actor, who will star in Bhosle next, told Pinkvilla in an interview, “All of us have our highs and lows and emotions. Sushant was no different. I don’t think I am as talented as that. I don’t think I am as intelligent and as bright as he used to be. I don’t think I had achieved anything till the age of 34, what he achieved, as compared to his achievements. I feel that my achievements are very very small. That is how I remember him. I don’t remember him not only as a good human being.”

He added, “I remember him as somebody who came from Patna and carried the rootedness with him with all the dancing abilities, with all the coolness and charming smile. He was a small-town guy inside. There was a small town Patna boy inside him. That I used to relate quite a lot.”

In an earlier conversation with filmmaker Shekhar Kapur, Manoj had recalled stories of working with Sushant on Sonchiriya. “My mind is not leaving the image of him on the first day, coming to me and suddenly touching my feet. All the perceptions that people were floating about him, that one gesture of his just questioned everything. Not that he touched my feet...it just says so many things about his background, where he came from,” he said.

Sushant’s death has reignited the debate on Bollywood nepotism, with many of his fans claiming he was ostracised by the gatekeepers of the film industry. Manoj said the solution is to ‘look inwards’. He told Pinkvilla, “When I spot a talent, I encourage the talent. I think we should start using our privileges to help talents. Make talents feel you are welcomed. Make everyone in the industry feel that all of us are one fraternity. It can’t be insider and outsider. ‘Who started this?’ ask that question.”

Most people in the creative industry don’t...Sushant belonged to a lucky minority, despite all the obstacles he had to overcome! 

Renee.Clare thumbnail

The way Manoj Bajpayee describes Sushant is commendable. 👏

A small town guy who has achieved a lot at such young age. 

He wants to remember him as achiever and why not, we all should  remember him in that way, a young bright mind, intelligent guy  ,a talented actor ,a charming personality and a very good dancer. ❤️

And these lines :

All the perceptions that people were floating about him, that one gesture of his just questioned everything. Not that he touched my feet...it just says so many things about his background, where he came from,” he said.

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Renee.Clare

The way Manoj Bajpayee describes Sushant is commendable. 👏

A small town guy who has achieved a lot at such young age. 

He wants to remember him as achiever and why not, we all should  remember him in that way, a young bright mind, intelligent guy  ,a talented actor ,a charming personality and a very good dancer. ❤️

And these lines :

All the perceptions that people were floating about him, that one gesture of his just questioned everything. Not that he touched my feet...it just says so many things about his background, where he came from,” he said.

This just shows how everybody had a negative perception of him before actually meeting him. Makes me wonder why??? He was loved by everyone during his TV days why suddenly Bollywood projected him as this nasty perverted and arrogant actor? 

Edited by ninny - 3 years ago
Renee.Clare thumbnail

Originally posted by: ninny

This just shows how everybody had a negative perception of him before actually meeting him. Makes me wonder why??? He was loved by everyone during his TV days why suddenly Bollywood projected him as this nasty perverted and arrogant actor? 

Yeah, Manoj's statement clearly tells that he had a wrong perception about him, that means, it's not only him, but many had that wrong perception. Don't know why people did that with him.

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Why manoj bajpee says like that hes not achieved anything at 34 etc 

i think satya movie came when he was in 30s only 

manoj bajpee you are wrong about yourself 

world will forget srk, salman, hrithik etc after 50 years 

but world will still watch your movies and praise you 

So you may feel you have not achieved anything in life 

But future gens will always remember you

like we watch and remember balraj sahani, dilip kumar, meena kumari, madhbala etc after 50 years or more

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Renee.Clare

Yeah, Manoj's statement clearly tells that he had a wrong perception about him, that means, it's not only him, but many had that wrong perception. Don't know why people did that with him.

Chaubey said the same thing - He was told Sush would be difficult to work with. Katrina , Vidya have all said how each and every blind is 'read' and 'analysed ' by the industry. A known critic like Masand contributed so much to the same . Sushant is arrogant and ' difficult to work with ' image. Some still went ahead and worked with him ...i wonder how many let it go 😒

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: LiveEatLove

Chaubey said the same thing - He was told Sush would be difficult to work with. Katrina , Vidya have all said how each and every blind is 'read' and 'analysed ' by the industry. A known critic like Masand contributed so much to the same . Sushant is arrogant and ' difficult to work with ' image. Some still went ahead and worked with him ...i wonder how many let it go 😒

God the more I think about it I feel like crying. 

Renee.Clare thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiveEatLove

I didn't know that these blinds can be so effective. Why Rajeev Masand is not called out, he deserves to get punished. 😕