Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I meant every word of what i said about Panchali in a complimentary way. The Pandavas deserved every bit of what she said/did and more. Frankly, the woman had the patience of someone who did ugratapasya or some such to wait 13 years, then the war, to tell them off.

The only thing I was pointing out is the contradiction between Panchali's words and what she did.

So either she was taunting Satyabhama back, or this conversation is an interpolation. I think sarcasm, because Panchali was sarcastic in other instances, with even elders (Bheeshma) if she felt they didn't deserve respect. And she was 100% right. respect is earned by your actions, not by your age or your title or the saat phere.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Hi and welcome to this crazy forum. Everyone here is opinionated and has their own theories, so be prepared to encounter some unusual interpretations.πŸ˜†

@Bold. There is really no textual evidence of this friendship prior to this scene. The pre-war scene is there. I personally think Satyabhama was added on in the scene because of perceived impropriety of Panchali drinking with Krishna and Arjuna. Because Satyabhama was never seen in the rest of the war or post-war scenes, not even when Abhimanyu died, not when Parikshit was still-born. When Krishna finally left for Dwaraka, Subhadra is mentioned as going with him for a visit but not Satyabhama. So if she was there, why wasn't she mentioned going back, either?

I guess satyabhama was d part of this gang along with subhadra during khandavprastha burning where they went 4 picnic arjun, subhadra, draupadi, krishna, I guess satyabhama 2.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepikagupta9

I guess satyabhama was d part of this gang along with subhadra during khandavprastha burning where they went 4 picnic arjun, subhadra, draupadi, krishna, I guess satyabhama 2.

Satyabhama was not around during Khandava burning. Only Panchali, Subhadra, Krishna, and Arjuna.

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Satyabhama was not around during Khandava burning. Only Panchali, Subhadra, Krishna, and Arjuna.

I read how people say Krishna a partial brother who involved Draupadi & satyabhama in his inner circle but excluded subhadra his sister who was wife of arjun . They give examples of d scene where sanjay came 2 meet krishna, arjun Draupadi & satyabhama were also present.

I don't understand how krishna is partial brother 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepikagupta9

I read how people say Krishna a partial brother who involved Draupadi & satyabhama in his inner circle but excluded subhadra his sister who was wife of arjun . They give examples of d scene where sanjay came 2 meet krishna, arjun Draupadi & satyabhama were also present.

I don't understand how krishna is partial brother 

I can assure you there is no quote in text where Krishna or Panchali say they are brother/sisterπŸ˜†. Believe me, I looked. Vyasa does say they were friends. 

And what you said is probably the reason why Satyabhama asked the question. She was always a childish and insecure woman, even with Krishna's other wives. So imagine with Panchali, a supposed friend during a time when men and women weren't friends!

Khandava scene had Subhadra. The drinking scene had Satyabhama, but she kind of disappears after that. I'm thinking her presence is an interpolation.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I think the fact that she enjoyed more with Arjun and wanted to spend more time with him, made Yudhishtir feel that she was partial towards him

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I can assure you there is no quote in text where Krishna or Panchali say they are brother/sister.πŸ˜†. Believe me, I looked. Vyasa does say they were friends. 

Khandava scene had Subhadra. The drinking scene had Satyabhama, but she kind of disappears after that. I'm thinking her presence is an interpolation.

But it's mostly Satyabhama in Mahabharata, was she Krishna's favourite wife? Why not  others, any idea. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

But it's mostly Satyabhama in Mahabharata, was she Krishna's favourite wife? Why not  others, any idea. 

Dunno.

1. He might have liked the bratty princess types. I can never figure out why men go for certain women, Arjuna, OTOH, clearly preferred women with a will of their own.

2. Satyabhama's father was Dwaraka's moneybags. Krishna might have been indulging her.

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I can assure you there is no quote in text where Krishna or Panchali say they are brother/sister.πŸ˜†. Believe me, I looked. Vyasa does say they were friends. 

And what you said is probably the reason why Satyabhama asked the question. She was always a childish and insecure woman, even with Krishna's other wives. So imagine with Panchali, a supposed friend during a time when men and women weren't friends!

I am also inclined to believe why suddenly she came into that scene and how come not a single mention of her in later words come in. She served no purpose there either. 

Satyabhama and Panchali being best of friends also have no evidence. I also read Arjun Satya were great friends but I see no justification for that too. 

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

I think the fact that she enjoyed more with Arjun and wanted to spend more time with him, made Yudhishtir feel that she was partial towards him

Yeah, there's a difference between being partial and just preferring one's company over others. Yudhi as usual didn't understand that. There's absolutely no instance to prove Panchali was partial to Arjun. She simply liked spending more time with him and most probably enjoyed her company