MayRa OS- Hello Kitty!

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

So I have been meaning to write humor, and this is dead humor. Has footnotes, read the work and then the footnotes to not spoil your reading experience. If you love thrillers, stop reading Maya's work and read Agatha Chritie. If you love humor, stop reading this and go search for Varun Grover on YouTube, ok bye!

~~~~~~~~~~~

MayRa OS- Hello Kitty!

Rudra was so bored. Maya had invited him to collect the first draft of her story. She was the best selling author with a knack of sadism and satire in her thrillers that left you scarred for life, or at least Ananya said so, but he wouldn't know that because he had not read a single of her works; he hated reading but was now interning at a publication house, forced to do so by his father, irony much?

But if you ask Rudra, Maya wasn't an enigma, like people claimed her to be, but she was an effing weirdo. For starters, she never stepped out of the house and had invited his boss Rajeev to sign the deal, sent in her driver to collect the cheque, and now had asked for an intern to collect the draft. Every time he accompanied Rajeev or the editors, she was in black dresses as if after the meeting, she was to attend some charity ball and would quote one shloka during one meeting making the editors shrug and Rudra's brain reach a dead end with so much philosophy, for no reason at all.

So here Rudra was, sitting in her living room that resembled a library from an ancient king's palace with books that looked so old that Rudra thought they were manuscripts that were made of palm leaves used in the 5th century.

But the madam was nowhere around, the house-help had opened the door and left after completing his daily chores without saying where Maya was. She had no respect for someone else's time, he was here for about thirty minutes now. Did Maya think he was this jobless? All he had to accompany him, was his phone that was out of charge and the black cat with brown eyes staring at him intently. 

It had swept across the room, had some of its food from the food bowl, and was now looking at him from the cushions that sat a little further from him as if Rudra had asked for its kitten's hand in marriage.

Rudra took out his phone, opened the camera, and held it so that cat could be in the frame, but it snarled as if it could sense that Rudra was taking its picture.

"Ok fine, jeez," He rolled his eyes and put his phone back in his pocket.

"So where is your owner? It's freaking thirty minutes I am sitting on my ass here and she disappears out of thin air! And why isn't she receiving my call, also, doesn't she care for her safety? Who allows an unknown man in her house?" He rolled her eyes.

He stood up and went to the bookshelf when he noticed a camera fitted into one of the books in such an angle that it would cover the entire living room.

"Ok, this is smart and super creepy, who has cameras in their living room?" He turned to the cat, who twisted its face in what would look like a grimace.

"Why are you so snappy? Did Mommy forget to give you your treats?" He eyed it with a smirk. Rudra hated cats, when he was five, a cat had attacked him and the nail scratches hadn't left his face for almost a month, so yeah, they were devil's creatures.

"But yes, your Mommy is super hot!' He said without a thought and the grimaced.

"That sounded wrong, didn't it?" The cat purred but had a look of self-importance of its face.

"Anyway, why is she so uptight? It's as if someone took away her toy in her childhood and she has been struggling to not crying for forty years now," He chuckled but the cat stood up, might I add, threateningly and Rudra almost lost his footing. Such a coward!

"Fine, she will be around thirty-five, am I right?" He made a lame attempt to sound brave. The cat turned around its own body but still didn't occupy his cushions.

Rudra decided that the cat was no fun and browsed through the bookshelf, not wanting another scratch mark on his face and picked up Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None" simply for the heck out of it.

Time passed and he didn't bother about the cat as he read of the ten people on the island who were slowly killed off.

When he did look up, he saw Maya enter the room from the front door, her black dress sweeping the floor (maybe that's the house help had left early, because Maya cleaned the floor just by walking across it, I know I am funny!) and handed him the draft, a glass of water and watched him intently as he drank it. 

Wanting to sound polite, he complimented her well-trained pet and turned to look at the empty cushions.

"Maybe it just left the room," He shrugged.

"Or maybe she is still in the room?" Maya raised her eyebrow at him. He stood gaping at her, speechless and hurried out of there.

"What were you doing there for so long," Rajeev yelled at him the first thing he entered his cabin.

"Talking to Maya's cat,"

"I didn't know she had a cat, it's been 3 years I have known her, but she never mentioned it," Rudra stood there, grounded as confusion started whirling him.

Here, Maya adjusted the cushion and a cat nestled in the warm fluffy cushions where Maya stood who disappeared out of thin air.

~~~~~~~~~~~

If you have read Tiara's recent work and feel its copied, no, I am just paying homage to her, sorry Miss T for chapofying. Ekta Kapoor, I am free these, heard you are working on Naagin 5, I just want one lakh per episode, your welcome. 

Edited by _._shibani_._ - 3 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

This is super cute πŸ˜†πŸ€— 

Your sense of humor is pretty good, contrary to what you believe. ❀

MayRa would be a perfect match by devil as cat and snake. πŸ˜†

Also, we can totally collaborate to write the next creature show, as discussed on DT πŸ˜†

Amazing work, do write more. πŸ‘πŸΌ

stormborn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Amazing !!!!!!

Checks all my boxes --- fantasy, sarcastic humour, proff McGonagall --- I simply love it !!! Awesome work !!!! πŸ˜πŸ’žπŸ’•πŸ˜˜

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: tournesol

This is super cute πŸ˜†πŸ€— 

Your sense of humor is pretty good, contrary to what you believe. ❀

MayRa would be a perfect match by devil as cat and snake. πŸ˜†

Also, we can totally collaborate to write the next creature show, as discussed on DT πŸ˜†

Amazing work, do write more. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Awww... thanksπŸ˜† meko likhte waqt utna funny nah laga, maybe coz main khud acid ke trip pe likha hua babaji ki booty sun rahi thi🀣

Mayra are the new ichaadaari creatures of ITV and they dont even knowπŸ˜†

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: stormborn

Amazing !!!!!!

Checks all my boxes --- fantasy, sarcastic humour, proff McGonagall --- I simply love it !!! Awesome work !!!! πŸ˜πŸ’žπŸ’•πŸ˜˜

ThanksπŸ€—

Nikita_99503 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

This is awesome Shibani... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

I was actually giggling while reading the entire OS...

The lines where you mentioned about the cat staring at him as if he had asked for her kitten's hand in marriage cracked me up πŸ˜†

It was a really cute and funny one...

So, Maya is a cat here... Somehow, I had already guessed that the cat would turn out to be Maya... 

Absolutely loved reading it... β€οΈ

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nikki_srk

This is awesome Shibani... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

I was actually giggling while reading the entire OS...

The lines where you mentioned about the cat staring at him as if he had asked for her kitten's hand in marriage cracked me up πŸ˜†

It was a really cute and funny one...

So, Maya is a cat here... Somehow, I had already guessed that the cat would turn out to be Maya... 

Absolutely loved reading it... β€οΈ

Thanks NikkiπŸ€—glad it was fun to readπŸ˜†aap zaroor naagin dekhte ho toh have figured it outπŸ˜†

Nikita_99503 thumbnail

Originally posted by: _._shibani_._

Thanks NikkiπŸ€—glad it was fun to readπŸ˜†aap zaroor naagin dekhte ho toh have figured it outπŸ˜†

Welcome... πŸ€—

Naah... I haven't seen a single episode of Naagin ever. πŸ˜†

Probably because in the previous OS by Tiara, Rudra turned out to be a snake... So, I guess this time I was prepared for such a surprise... πŸ˜†

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nikki_srk

Welcome... πŸ€—

Naah... I haven't seen a single episode of Naagin ever. πŸ˜†

Probably because in the previous OS by Tiara, Rudra turned out to be a snake... So, I guess this time I was prepared for such a surprise... πŸ˜†

oh lol!πŸ˜† main assume kiya, sorry🀣

Nikita_99503 thumbnail

Originally posted by: _._shibani_._

oh lol!πŸ˜† main assume kiya, sorry🀣

Koi baat nahi... It happens at times πŸ˜†