Mahabharat from Subhadra's POV .

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Chronicles of Kuru Woman Krishna's Sister Vol -1 by [Priyanka Bhuyan]

This is the story of a woman who had everything yet who lost everything and rose when everyone gave up to finally lead the empire of Bharatvarsha. For the first time, take a sneak peak into the life of the sister of the God who shaped Mahabharata to become the progenitor of the Kuru race after everything was reduced to nothing in the battle of Kurushetra. Krishna’s sister is a mythological fiction of the life and story of Princess Subhadra in the backdrop of the great Mahabharat war and the sacrifice and pain that she went through. It also explores the relationship she shared with her brother and mentor Lord Krishna as well as her husband Arjuna and co-wife Draupadi. Subhadra is also worshipped as a deity in the Jagannath Puri, one of the holiest shrines in India.

## it awesome book , thou author says its frictional but i know many things said in this book were truth .

As not much said about subhadra , so people assume her as side character but she actually had a very strong role in mahabharat  or i say mahabharat is incomplete without this character . she was sister & love interest /wife of 2 main Protagonist of the epic  lord krishna & arjun respectively.

Subhadra’s character is chronicled in the Hari-Vamsam, Srimad-Bhagavatam and the Mahabharata with some abberations.

In the Harivamsa (1.35.5–6)

lebhe jyestham sutam ramam saranam satham eva ca
durdamam damanam svabhram pindarakam usinaram

citram nama kumarim cha rohini tanaya dasa
citra subhadra iti punar-vikhyata kuru-nandana

Vasudeva begot his eldest son Rama (Balarama) in Rohini; and their other sons are: Sarana, Satha, Durdama, Damana, Svabhra, Pindaraka, and Usinara; O descendant of Kuru, they also had a daughter by the name of Citra, who is renowned by the name of Subhadra.

In the Mahabharata: (Adi-parva 221.17)

mamaisa bhagini partha saranasya sahodara
yadi te vartate buddhirvaksysmi pitaram svayam

This is my sister, O Partha, and born of the same mother as Sarana (this refers to Rohini, the mother of Sarana). May you be blessed. Her name is Bhadra and she is the favorite daughter of my father.

What can be deduced from the above is that Subhadra was an amsa of Krsna (The Mahamaya of the supreme godhead) manifested as yogamaya (inner spiritual force) into the womb of Rohini.

Yogamaya has 16 different expansions. Subhadra is one amongst the 16. In the Goudiya Sampradaya she is revered as a supreme manifestation in various forms:

Acc 2 my knowledge after kansa's birth & constant attackes from jarasand yadav were facing very difficult time , even financially also but after subhadra's birth , good fortunes was open for yadavs after her birth. Subhadra was born in mathura & brought up in dwarka .

She was said to be a lady of extraordinary beauty as she incarnation of yogmaya herself, many powerful kindom wanted 2 marry her coz it will get them support of dwarka.

Arjun himself could not resist her , he fell 4 her in very first sight & desired her so much that he was ready 2 take d wrath of balrama. He knew Draupadi would not be happy but still he dint left subhadra in dwarka , he took her 2 indraprastha.

Starplus mahabharat actually made mockery of subhadra's character , vibha was not a good choice 4 subhadra . If u see brc mahabharat & krishna , subhadra was casted perfectly.

Edited by deepikagupta9 - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Even SP MB showed Subhadra as Yogmaya.

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lazybird_Silpa

Even SP MB showed Subhadra as Yogmaya.

Yes lord krishna did said subhadra yogmaya.

First of all vibha is dusky skin , Subhadra was fair in color . Character ki satyanash kardiya 2 actress kya kar sakti hai.  I have no problem with d actor but I feel vibha was not d right choice for subhadra's character. 

Subhadra was not a luvsick or attention seeker , in SB mahabharat subhadra was d one who was trying 2 seek attention of arjun & they showed arjun was forced by krishna 2 marry subhadra , jabki ulta hai , arjun was desperately in luv with subhadra, lord krishna never forced arjun 2 marry subhadra. Subhadra never met arjun Hastinapur or kalyana never attacked subhadra.

They killed d whole arjun subhadra love story.

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6

will try to read this book surprise with the fact is even ved vyas did not give importance to her much except for only as abhimanyu's mother

HearMeRoar thumbnail

While Subhadra was not the silly twit in epic she was shown to be in the show, nothing in MBh says she was Yogamaya. IIRC, nothing in Harivamsa says she was Yogamaya, either. Harivamsa actually calls the girl who was born to Nandagopa as Nidradevi. She lived in Mathura after her birth. SUBHADRA was born after Kamsa's death. They are NOT stated to be the same person.

The part where they call Nidra Balram's sister also has verses where she is called Revati (Balram's wife), Vasishta's wife (Vyasa's ancestor), Indrani (Arjuna's father's wife), Putana (one of Skanda's moms and the demon who tried to kill Krishna), etc. etc. This part also says the girl lived in Vraja and tended cows which Subhadra never did.

http://mahabharata-resources.org/harivamsa/vishnuparva/hv_2_003.html

Nor was there any love story between Arjuna and Subhadra in MBh or Harivamsa. It was an abduction arranged by Krishna and carried out by Arjuna.

Subhadra was not shown to be trained in any warfare. While I'm sure she had skills, nothing was mentioned in MBh or Harivamsa. Nothing has been stated of her relationship with Krishna or Krishna's wives. Actually nothing has been stated of Arjuna Subhadra relationship after their marriage. 

Subhadra's main part in epic was as Abhimanyu's mother. Because after his death, war changed.

Just so that I'm not misunderstood: I really like Subhadra. The three women - Kunti, Panchali, and Subhadra - area clearly stated to be firm friends by Vyasa. When Abhimanyu died, Subhadra blamed everyone including Arjuna but never, ever Panchali. Panchali was the one at Uttara's bedside after Parikshit was stillborn. These women supported each other. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

I absolutely love subdhara. For the kind of love and upbringing that she gives not only to Abhimanyu but also to upandavas.  But i disagree that Mahabharata is incomplete without subdhara she does not had any as such role to play in the epic . All the events would have taken place even if she was not their in the picture. Her importance is only prakishit s grandmother and Abhimanyu s mother. Not much beyond that. 

I agree she was not a love sick fool that star bharat reduced her to. 

Edited by Poorabhforever - 3 years ago
Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

While Subhadra was not the silly twit in epic she was shown to be in the show, nothing in MBh says she was Yogamaya. IIRC, nothing in Harivamsa says she was Yogamaya, either. Harivamsa actually calls the girl who was born to Nandagopa as Nidradevi. She lived in Mathura after her birth. SUBHADRA was born after Kamsa's death. They are NOT stated to be the same person.

The part where they call Nidra Balram's sister also has verses where she is called Revati (Balram's wife), Vasishta's wife (Vyasa's ancestor), Indrani (Arjuna's father's wife), Putana (one of Skanda's moms and the demon who tried to kill Krishna), etc. etc. This part also says the girl lived in Vraja and tended cows which Subhadra never did.

http://mahabharata-resources.org/harivamsa/vishnuparva/hv_2_003.html

Nor was there any love story between Arjuna and Subhadra in MBh or Harivamsa. It was an abduction arranged by Krishna and carried out by Arjuna.

Subhadra was not shown to be trained in any warfare. While I'm sure she had skills, nothing was mentioned in MBh or Harivamsa. Nothing has been stated of her relationship with Krishna or Krishna's wives. Actually nothing has been stated of Arjuna Subhadra relationship after their marriage. 

Subhadra's main part in epic was as Abhimanyu's mother. Because after his death, war changed.

Just so that I'm not misunderstood: I really like Subhadra. The three women - Kunti, Panchali, and Subhadra - area clearly stated to be firm friends by Vyasa. When Abhimanyu died, Subhadra blamed everyone including Arjuna but never, ever Panchali. Panchali was the one at Uttara's bedside after Parikshit was stillborn. These women supported each other. 

The part which I posted is from hari vamsa only. 

Subhadra never lived in gokul coz she was born after kans death in Mathura.

Every important such as politics , warfare etc were taught to every princess even I heard Panchali also was well trained , so Subhadra being trained in warfare was not a mircle . Reasons of these princess getting trained in all kind of arts is they will future queens of different states but queens in very rare cases pick up d weapons. Trained in warfare doesn't means that it's compulsory who have to participate in war .

Regarding lovestory of arjunsubhadra in South Indian version of MB it given in detail about subhadra arjun luvstory . Mahabharat had many versions it's upto ur own wish which version like 2 believe . Even vyas had mentioned it in very less lines . Abduction bhi aise hi nhi ho gaya tha, it was arjun strong desired to have Subhadra as his wife later lord krishna suggested abduction, where subhadra was mentioned with girl of smiling face.

As per my knowledge vasudev & lord krishna's sister subhadra was trained in all important aspects . She was considered one of d form of yog maya.

If u had seen krishna serial made Ramanand Sagar that guy had mentioned subhadra to be avtar of yogmaya as in some episodes he himself use explain things between d episode. I will try 2 post d link if I get.

Whenever lord Narayan take birth , his things close 2 him also take birth 2 assist him. In treta yug when he took birth as lord Ram , sheshnaag took birth as Lakshman , his counch ( shank )took birth as bharat & sudarshan chakra took birth as shatrugan but in lord Ram form he never used his maya. Lord krishna form he do use his maya a lot , yogmaya is considered his divine sister , she had assisted him many times.

Vasudev was sage kashyap  , devki was mata aditi ( mother of all devas ), rohini is mata kadru (, mother of sheshnaag & other serpants ) girl born such parents will not be a ordinary human 4 sure . If not yogmaya then can u tell me who she is & why her name got changed from citra 2 subhadra.

We can agree to disagree, for u arjun subhadra don't have lovestory but for me they have , this marriage was not only for political reasons coz narayani sena was given to kauravs & krishna dint supported Pandavas just coz arjun was Subhadra's husband . Political reasons doesn't go well with subhadra arjun relationship. 

Burning of khandavprastha chapter subhadra is clearly mentioned with krishna, satyabhama, arjun , Draupadi. 

I don't know how much it is true coz I never find any evidence related 2 it but still will share I read that Subhadra having goddess Parvati ansh & arjun did have lord shiv ansh . 

There many theories even for Draupadi their many theories. Some says she was avtar many goddess such usha , bharti , sachi etc, some say she kali avtar  ,swargalakshmi , nalini , chaya seeta etc.

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

I absolutely love subdhara. For the kind of love and upbringing that she gives not only to Abhimanyu but also to upandavas.  But i disagree that Mahabharata is incomplete without subdhara she does had any as such role to play in the epic . All the events would have taken place even if she was not their in the picture. Her importance is only prakishit s grandmother and Abhimanyu s mother. Not much beyond that. 

I agree she was not a love sick fool that star bharat reduced her to. 

It's upto ur wish I can't force u 2 believe , her importance is only reduce krishna's sister , arjun's wife & Abhimanyu's mother she is unsung heroine coz her struggle was never described by vedvyas who made sure no other woman other than Draupadi get sympathy . same way urmila is unsung heroine of ramayan  who importance was reduced to just Lakshman's wife.

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: deepikagupta9

It's upto ur wish I can't force u 2 believe , her importance is only reduce krishna's sister , arjun's wife & Abhimanyu's mother she is unsung heroine coz her struggle was never described by vedvyas who made sure no other woman other than Draupadi get sympathy . same way urmila is unsung heroine of ramayan  who importance was reduced to just Lakshman's wife.

I have lot love for her because of reason already stated but her importance is not reduced but she is only important because of prakishit had not been for her grandson who sits on the throne or for the person listening to the story is being her biological great grandson she would have been just a name like other pandava wives who really had no control on anything. But drapaudi would have still held the same importance no matter who succeeded yudhishtra because of the kind of role she plays. She is the female protagonist. One of the importance character of epic. Many of the events will change if she was not there but the same is not true for subdhara who would have been just a name had it not been for prakishit 

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

I have lot love for her because of reason already stated but her importance is not reduced but she is only important because of prakishit had not been for her grandson who sits on the throne or for the person listening to the story is being her biological great grandson she would have been just a name like other pandava wives who really had no control on anything. But drapaudi would have still held the same importance no matter who succeeded yudhishtra because of the kind of role she plays. She is the female protagonist. One of the importance character of epic. Many of the events will change if she was not there but the same is not true for subdhara who would have been just a name had it not been for prakishit 

draupadi got importance  coz she was common wife of five pandavas , which gave her major lime light & made her heroine of MB , i can guarantee u if she was only wife of arjun then she would have not this importance as she would never been d queen of pandavas . 

Draupadi whole life revolve around 5 Pandavas.