Stealing butter?

Horizon566 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I always had this thought that why shri krishna stole butter?I hve come across various interpretations but want to know all your views on it.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

To me, this has always been a way Krishna was able to give the Gopis of Gokul/Vrindavan a way to spoil/love him, as even though they complained to Yashoda, secretly they loved seeing a glimpse of him, and being able to kiss him and envision him as their own son. He was fulfilling all their secret desires to shower motherly love of him. 

On a more political standpoint, perhaps this was a way that Krishna ensured Kans wasn't able to steal all of the curd/butter of Mathura's villages? After all, the village folk paid taxes to him in the form of butter, which was their biggest wealth, and Krishna never ate all the butter on his own. He shared it with all his friends and the animals which flocked to them, so perhaps this was his way of ensuring Kans wasn't able to steal everything, and the Gokulvaasis were able to feed their children through Krishna's antics.

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I had heard a vegan view point.

Those days the dairy wasn't like we have today where the calf is half fed to keep out the rest of the milk. Nor was the cows of those days generically modified like to today/injected to give extra milk

Hence despite having many cows they had very small amount of extra milk left for themselves after having the calves fed. Since their community was mainly dependant on the sale of milk and it's products hence they wanted to keep it safe for sale. 

The kids with parents having lower income therefore could not get any butter for themselves, so Krishna ji stole it for them

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

I personally always keep shifting b/w the Gopis spoiling him, and he standing up for Gwaalon ke rights (it's a pretty unconventional way though, going all Robin Hood!). 😆

I'd like to emphasize, when you read about these antics of his, and then you think about Ramayan ke Rama. I mean, the guys couldn't be more different (both great, but greatly different also)! 🤣

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

There was incident where krishna was playing and in playful way Lord krishna push  his sakhaa   and sakha fell down   and Lord krishna get  sad and get shock  ki arey tum to gir gaye  khuch khaate nahi ho kya  ,tumhe  khaana peena chahiye then his sakha says ki use theek se bhojan nahi milta 

Then krishna as we know he is kripalu  dayalu decided to remove malnutrition of all of his sakha  so he started stealing butter  as it gives and start giving butter to his sakhhas to remove malnutrition 

My own imagination it could be that to protect from cat  from their mother use to  keep butter on top so that cat could not eat butter  and in this process their children could not eat butter so they take krishna help so they can eat butter 

Edited by surabhi01 - 3 years ago
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

^Wow that's a sweet story too! ❤️