Friends of Kansa!

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 years ago

Kansa sure did have some amazing friends hun: not one who questioned him, not one who didn't participate in his adharma! 🤣

Also, before and after every attack on Krishna, Kansa and party always goes into party mode by default hun! 🤣

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I don't think they were his friends. They are more like his sidekicks

By the way saw Aslam khan ji here too in multiple roles

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

In the serial it's a mix of sidekicks and friends I think.

And yep Aslam Khan is everywhere! 😆

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: proteeti

Kansa sure did have some amazing friends hun: not one who questioned him, not one who didn't participate in his adharma! 🤣

Also, before and after every attack on Krishna, Kansa and party always goes into party mode by default hun! 🤣

These friends of Kansa - Banasura, Bhamasura - are they mentioned in the original SB?  Or are they Ramanand Sagar additions?

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

I don't know about Bhamasura, but Banasura is. Banasura was def one of Kamsa's agents, along with Chanoor, who are mentioned quite often in Bhagawat.

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: RamKiSeeta

I don't know about Bhamasura, but Banasura is. Banasura was def one of Kamsa's agents, along with Chanoor, who are mentioned quite often in Bhagawat.

But he was just an agent right, they have made him a friend of Kansa

Vr15h thumbnail

Is he the same Banasura who had 100/1000 arms, who had Mahadev's grace and fought Krishna over his daughter Usha eloping w/ Anirudha?

Or was it a different Banasura who was killed along w/ Chanoor?

Another question: I always thought of Chanoor as one of Kansa's prized wrestlers: was he Kansa's prime minister as well, as shown in the serial?

RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Is he the same Banasura who had 100/1000 arms, who had Mahadev's grace and fought Krishna over his daughter Usha eloping w/ Anirudha?

Or was it a different Banasura who was killed along w/ Chanoor?

Another question: I always thought of Chanoor as one of Kansa's prized wrestlers: was he Kansa's prime minister as well, as shown in the serial?

No it was a different Banasura. This guy was killed along with Kans and Chanoor.

Chanoor wasn't exactly Kansa's minister. He was more like a spy/bestie that Kans relied on, like Akrura was to Vasudev. But yes, he was also one of the wrestlers whom Krishna and Balarama fought, though it wasn't shown that way in the show. The other wrestler was Mushtika.

Vr15h thumbnail

No it was a different Banasura. This guy was killed along with Kans and Chanoor.

Chanoor wasn't exactly Kansa's minister. He was more like a spy/bestie that Kans relied on, like Akrura was to Vasudev. But yes, he was also one of the wrestlers whom Krishna and Balarama fought, though it wasn't shown that way in the show. The other wrestler was Mushtika.

That's what I thought: when Krishna killed Chanoor, Kansa totally lost it, and the result was Krishna rushing to kill him.  But in the show, they seemed to show him being killed by Akrura.

I would have liked it had this show imported some Mahabharat material like they do later, by showing Vasudev's other friend Sini or his son Satyaka (Satyaki's father) being at their side for the military support.  Incidentally, is it written anywhere that Akrura was a warrior?

Speaking of which, was there any rishi named Satyak who advised Kansa to put out that Shiva bow?  And also, speaking of earlier, was there a tantrik priest named Shridhar who was paralyzed by baby Krishna, as shown in the show?

Edited by .Vrish. - 3 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

That's what I thought: when Krishna killed Chanoor, Kansa totally lost it, and the result was Krishna rushing to kill him.  But in the show, they seemed to show him being killed by Akrura.

I would have liked it had this show imported some Mahabharat material like they do later, by showing Vasudev's other friend Sini or his son Satyaka (Satyaki's father) being at their side for the military support.  Incidentally, is it written anywhere that Akrura was a warrior?

Speaking of which, was there any rishi named Satyak who advised Kansa to put out that Shiva bow?  And also, speaking of earlier, was there a tantrik priest named Shridhar who was paralyzed by baby Krishna, as shown in the show?

I think all the Yadavas were warriors. After all, there were so many factions among them, and the constant quarrels/disagreements they had led to various fights which Vasudeva, and later Krishna/Balarama appeased. Akrura was by nature more 'warrior-like' than Vasudeva, whose approach was more peace-oriented.

I don't know anything about Satyak, but yes, the tantrik priest Shridhar was true.