mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

She's doing a lot of these interesting movies, but I'd club her as lucky because despite one-note acting and bland screen presence, she seems to be getting all the good projects. She's not an explosive talent like Vidya or Kangana. She doesn't even have screen presence like say,a Deepika or Kareena. She's just there, sort of existing, with multiple projects which her limited talent won't do justice to.

I can't forget how she ruined Badla with her stiff, monotonous expressions. It was like she was too lazy to move her facial muscles. Even in Thappad, she was so one-note. No variations, no nuances. What makes her so critically acclaimed? Ileana is a better actress and looker, and struggling to make her mark.

She was sort of OK in Pink and Manmarziyan, but limited talent  with zero effort pisses me off.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

She is okay. Not the best we have, but not the worst either. She can be convicing in the right films, and she has learned to be convincing in certain films especially those films with a social message. The thing is that she is easily replaceable, she is not someone who you will go out of the way to watch unless the film has good word of mouth. If another actress was part of badla or pink, people would still go watch it.

She is also not pulicized as a "star" so to speak, she is a content based actress as of now who's impact is temporary. audience has no real connect with her, just her films. Personally I feel she lacks a personality/presence on screen, as you said she can be bland. 

kyapa thumbnail

Still better than deepika

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Taapsee: Good actress + Best choice of script selection = Great work

Vidya: Great actress + Good choice of scripts = Great work

Kangana: Great actress + Mediocre choice of scripts = Good work

Deepika: Average actress + Average choice of scripts = Average work

Kareena: Bad actress + Bad choice of scripts = Poor work

So yeah Taapsee is doing pretty great for herself.

.KISS-my-ASS. thumbnail

Originally posted by: ponymo

Taapsee: Good actress + Best choice of script selection = Great work

Vidya: Great actress + Good choice of scripts = Great work

Kangana: Great actress + Mediocre choice of scripts = Good work

Deepika: Average actress + Average choice of scripts = Average work

Kareena: Bad actress + Bad choice of scripts = Poor work

So yeah Taapsee is doing pretty great for herself.

I concur ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

BhetuPunha thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I have not seen many of her films, only Game Over and she was good in that movie ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Taapsee has arrived.Just ask about her in your non BW groups,uncles aunties,friends,cousins.

She is now a brand.Her films sound interesting..and people will be curious to know what her next is.

There are roles and roles..and performances..but some characters remain.Amrita is one such..and the movie resonated with people.People that I know..in my circle-everyone has watched it.

Usko I-F walon so koi lena dena nahin hai.

I-F has not helped her reach where she has.

Meanwhile ..Dum laga ke haisha..work harder for your favorites.They need everyones  efforts.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

tapsee is mega talented..manmarziyan is her best work till date followed by badla

zaniax thumbnail

Count me in! Her one-note acting is extremely irritating which is why I avoid watching her films even if the content is good. She has zero screen presence so much that I end up focusing on the supporting cast.   Kriti and Andrea were way better than her in Pink, but Taapsee got all the praises n opportunities.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: zaniax

Count me in! Her one-note acting is extremely irritating which is why I avoid watching her films even if the content is good. She has zero screen presence so much that I end up focusing on the supporting cast.   Kriti and Andrea were way better than her in Pink, but Taapsee got all the praises n opportunities.

Even in Thappad, the maid and the lawyer acted better than her