Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

This is not correct at all.

I've stood right beside Deepika Padukone when I worked as an extra on one of her early movies and she was wearing FLATS, she was shoulder-to-shoulder with me, and I am 5'11.5"

Sonam is NOT 2 inches taller than Deepika.

We have seen all these ladies stand beside each other in same length heels over the years. 

Most likely Sonam, Deepika, Katrina, Anushka are no less than 5'9.5" and upto 5'11.5"

Traditionally taller actresses put out a shorter height because all the Khans are midgets. This issue was huge around 1999 when Aishwarya and Sushmita had their major breakthroughs in films, and Yukta Mookhey was planning to enter soon after and she's like 6ft. One of her interviews she said she was told she would never get a film with Aamir Khan.

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

This is not correct at all.

I've stood right beside Deepika Padukone when I worked as an extra on one of her early movies and she was wearing FLATS, she was shoulder-to-shoulder with me, and I am 5'11.5"

So SRK is 6 feet tall? ðŸ¤”

Deepika Padukone Sports Distressed Jeans at the Zee Cine Awards ...

Edited by ponymo - 4 years ago
Rekha_ji thumbnail

Originally posted by: ponymo

So SRK is 6 feet tall? ðŸ¤”

Deepika Padukone Sports Distressed Jeans at the Zee Cine Awards ...

And if SRK is 6 feet tall, what is Anushka? A giant?

Tall Anushka Sharma barefoot with Shahrukh Khan by https ...

You never noticed how Deepika, Katrina, Anushka ALL bend their legs whenever they stand next to him? Not to mention the heels that SRK, Salman and Saif and Shahid have been incorporating into their footwear? And they tuck their jeans at the back to hide it. 

Fun fact: the height difference battle is INFUSED into the choreography when they film dance songs. A perfect example is Ishq Shava. Pretty much every other move, they try a different trick to disguise their height difference. Check it out right now.

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

You never noticed how Deepika, Katrina, Anushka ALL bend their legs whenever they stand next to him? Not to mention the heels that SRK, Salman and Saif and Shahid have been incorporating into their footwear? And they tuck their jeans at the back to hide it. 

Fun fact: the height difference battle is INFUSED into the choreography when they film dance songs. A perfect example is Ishq Shava. Pretty much every other move, they try a different trick to disguise their height difference. Check it out right now.

Bending one leg will not reduce height difference because the other leg is still standing straight. And that is a standard pose which actresses do with even taller actors. Sample this one.

These Pics of Ranveer and Deepika Will Make You Smile

Yes Khans may add heels to their shoes but will SRK be able to add 5 inches? That's a bit of a reach.

Celebrities Biography Net Worths Salaries Contact Numbers | Kabir ...

They do try hard to mask the height difference but it does become clear in some shots like this

Ennuyi thumbnail

Kangana is 5'8? Doesn't look that tall.

Rekha_ji thumbnail

Originally posted by: ponymo

Bending one leg will not reduce height difference because the other leg is still standing straight. And that is a standard pose which actresses do with even taller actors. Sample this one.

These Pics of Ranveer and Deepika Will Make You Smile

Yes Khans may add heels to their shoes but will SRK be able to add 5 inches? That's a bit of a reach.

Celebrities Biography Net Worths Salaries Contact Numbers | Kabir ...

They do try hard to mask the height difference but it does become clear in some shots like this

The photographs you select prove my point further and further each time. 

This photo of Deepika, the leg she is standing on is upright. The one you posted where she is stood beside SRK, the leg she is standing, she is leaning at such a angle, it's literally a triangular shape. Trust me, tall/lanky people like myself been doing his our whole lives because we feel like giants sometimes, so we like to blend in. With much shorter people, especially in pics, we do this bending of one leg to adjust our height by a few inches, and net to people our height, we stand up taller.

I'm glad you watched the Ishq Shava video. Even in Saans, towards the end of some shots, they stand next to each other for half a second and you can see 3-4 inch difference between them but they quickly cut to the next shot. In most of the song, she is running towards him or dancing around him and bending her body. They also use the trick of having one of them stand further away from the camera to make their heights look similar.

SRK and a lot of the shorter boys add as much as they can get away with, depending on the footwear. In this photo he's got a good inch/inch and a half. But according to Google, Mahira Khan is only 5' 5".

And have y'all noticed that SRK and the other shorties have been increasing the height of their hairstyles by upto 3 inches and more whenever they work with their long-legged beauties? Look at the pic posted of Radha.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Salman danced with Sushmita on heels in Biwi no 1. Honestly , it all depends on the insecurity of the male actor 

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Deepika is 5' 9". Best comparison are Ranbir and Ranveer who are 6' and 5' 10" respectively. Srk is 5' 8". 

Sonam and anushka are also 5' 9" I believe. Kat is 5' 8", Aishwarya is 5' 7".

Edited by ZanduBaaM - 4 years ago