Posted: 3 years ago

5 years since one of my favourite movies released. I love how authentic and real this film is, treating badly-flawed characters with dignity and pathos. I love how Piku didn't need to be a feminist icon, but an average woman struggling with day-to-day issues. I love how the chemistry between Piku and Rana played out, with quirkiness intact. I love how Amitjee got the mannerisms and accent right of a doting yet capricious dad right. And I love how constipation became the motif around which larger themes were woven so well.

5 years of Piku❤️ I watched this movie in the theatre twice, and I loved it both times. Each time, came away with something new. Meanwhile, a song from the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2__nNm0NK4A

Edited by mintyblue - 3 years ago

LOVE everything about this movie, from the characters, to the music to the acting.  Bezubaan is my favourite! This is in no way a "happy" movie but watching it always brings me so much joy even though I feel sorry for what Piku has to go through. It's just so real. Shoojit manages to make movies that tug at your heartstrings. Piku, and then October, both are such amazing movies that leave you so so satisfied yet emotional.

Maybe its just me, but Deepika never looked as beautiful and lively as she looked in this movie; her little gazes and smiles at Irfan had me fangirling over her. 

I was actually watching this movie the evening before Irrfan passed onsmiley28

Dil le gayi Deepu isme. That dimpled smile is everything.

Haven't come across such a genuine movie since a long time. Watching this movie always brings a smile on my face. 

I love the movie so much. Neither people expected that this movie would be a commercial success, nor the chemistry of pair of Irrfan and Deepika would be loved by people, but both the things happen, movie became successful and Deepika and Irrfan had a very good chemistry. Amitabh was good as Bhaskor and so were Deepika and Irrfan. 

Songs of the movie are so soothing and good especially that Bezuban song. Although, I love movies or web series based on road trips and I can be biased for Piku because of this  but the movie was really good with good performances. Everything came out as natural and wasn't OTT. I like such subtle movies where nothing is forced. ♥

Edited by Curious_Renee - 3 years ago

My favourite scene from Piku and IMO one of Deepika's best onscreen moments is when everyone comes to Bhaskor's room in the morning and gets to know he has died in his sleep. Piku just sits there next to her Baba, glancing from his restful face to his little belongings sitting on the night stand. Her face remains unreadable while you hear others break down around her. Slowly, a soft sad tune starts playing in the background. 

This scene overwhelmed me. At that very moment I saw my parents, my relatives and everyone who has lost their elderly parents in Piku. I saw a little bit of myself too in her, even though I haven't gone through this loss in my life yet. I saw in her, the essence of the filial love that I have grown up seeing in families around me. And ultimately i felt what it meant to lose that symbol of safety that parents represent to children. 

This scene spoke to me and everyone around me at the same time

What a great, great, GREAT movie.

Originally posted by FilmiDhun

My favourite scene from Piku and IMO one of Deepika's best onscreen moments is when everyone comes to Bhaskor's room in the morning and gets to know he has died in his sleep. Piku just sits there next to her Baba, glancing from his restful face to his little belongings sitting on the night stand. Her face remains unreadable while you hear others break down around her. Slowly, a soft sad tune starts playing in the background. 

This scene overwhelmed me. At that very moment I saw my parents, my relatives and everyone who has lost their elderly parents in Piku. I saw a little bit of myself too in her, even though I haven't gone through this loss in my life yet. I saw in her, the essence of the filial love that I have grown up seeing in families around me. And ultimately i felt what it meant to lose that symbol of safety that parents represent to children. 

This scene spoke to me and everyone around me at the same time

What a great, great, GREAT movie.

So so true, that scene brought tears into my eyes. I loved how they didn't make dramatic his death like in typical TV dramas and Bollywood movies. Such a great scene. ❤️

God..love this movie

i can go on and on..watch it again and again..except that now when ever ill watch it..ill watch it with a very heavy heart..irfan 💔

This movie is evergreen..❤️ my favourite

Love the movie, I watched it the day Irrfan passed away. He was the bridge between the daughter and dad. I loved the ease, the soothing screenplay, and the chemistry between Irrfan and Deepika. The only movie of Deepika where I appreciated her performance. 

Irrfan was the key for me to love this movie, from the scene he enters, the movie just lit up.