Who do you consider most successful?

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

from..

Katrina-number 1 actress, BO success 

kareena- career -family balance, Successful films in current day, never a official number 1

Deepika-number 1 actress, BO success 

Priyanka- never a official number 1 but global popularity, versatility in roles 

How do you classify an actresses success? Versatile Roles, BO, longetivity, etc? 
Would you consider an actress who isn’t a perfect actress but has more BO success more successful than actress who acquires more critical acclaim and less BO numbers? Does nepotism take into account, for example actresses who get films easier due to lineage vs someone who worked from nothing

Edited by vsbarry - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Deepika > Katrina > Priyanka > Kareena in terms of success and popularity. I guage success by how much in demand they are, and how relevant they are to the aam aadmi. 

Versatility/talent is only an enabler, acting plays a small part. Katrina was able to rule for so long without actually knowing to act at all

If we're talking of critical acclaim and not popularity/BO, we should be talking about Tabu/Vidya/Kangana/Konkona etc.

jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I would say my order would be:

PC

DP

Kareena

Katrina

PC and DP made it happen outside of Bollywood.

Kareena for longevity and having a career outside of marriage. She picks her movie choices very well.

Katrina is very popular but I feel she still depends on the male actors for her films to be successful. When she went and try to make it happen with ARK and Sid she didn’t do as well.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Kareena has debuted before them and in a way still going strong . PC has already vanished and other 2 are going downhill

ponymo thumbnail

Also, being no.1 for 5 years >>> being no.3/4 for 10-15 years

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Pardon me but when and where did Katrina rule anything?

She had tiny minuscule roles in a few big films around 2010-2014.

We saw her give a good performance in 2009 with New York, but the over-praise she got was for doing the bare minimum: acting.

She was very good in Mere Brother Ki Dulhan and it was successful. I think she was a reason for the success of Agneepath just with one song too, credit where credit is due.

She was considered "hot" for a long time but pushing it to say she a numero uno. That never happened.

She has disappointed more times than not, post MBKD. Her main USP is her songs - in which she is unparalleled. She's done some amazing work and improved her facial expressions and desi-ness which I love.

For me she's 4th in this list. Kareena + Priyanka + Deepika's overall careers are pretty much the same when you look at them as a whole. With PC-DP having a more concise filmography. Bebo was a superstar even with her string of early flops.

vsbarry thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Pardon me but when and where did Katrina rule anything?

She had tiny minuscule roles in a few big films around 2010-2014.

We saw her give a good performance in 2009 with New York, but the over-praise she got was for doing the bare minimum: acting.

She was very good in Mere Brother Ki Dulhan and it was successful. I think she was a reason for the success of Agneepath just with one song too, credit where credit is due.

She was considered "hot" for a long time but pushing it to say she a numero uno. That never happened.

She has disappointed more times than not, post MBKD. Her main USP is her songs - in which she is unparalleled. She's done some amazing work and improved her facial expressions and desi-ness which I love.

For me she's 4th in this list. Kareena + Priyanka + Deepika's overall careers are pretty much the same when you look at them as a whole. With PC-DP having a more concise filmography. Bebo was a superstar even with her string of early flops.

she was number 1 before deepika. And most successful BO wise whether they were “her” films or not 
Priyanka and deepika dont have the same filmography, neither of them do. Deepika’s 2013 was on another level. Priyanka never had that but had her own journey of success. 

Edited by vsbarry - 3 years ago
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

How do you determine who was officially #1 at one point in time? Is there a ranking criteria you are using by number of hits or money made? From what I remember when Fashion dropped Priyanka was considered the best actress by everyone and she was getting the best roles. When Jab we Met dropped Kareena had finally become #1 and everything revolved around her. Deepika became #1 when she was part of 4 hit movies in one year and then held on to it for a while. For a long time Katrina was successful because despite her acting skills she was part of crazy number of hit movies and her dance numbers were the best during a time when everyone wanted to have the best item song. 

I don't know who I considered most successful. Money wise probably Deepika or Priyanka. Fan wise probably Katrina and Deepika. 

vsbarry thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rhimjhimsawan

How do you determine who was officially #1 at one point in time? Is there a ranking criteria you are using by number of hits or money made? From what I remember when Fashion dropped Priyanka was considered the best actress by everyone and she was getting the best roles. When Jab we Met dropped Kareena had finally become #1 and everything revolved around her. Deepika became #1 when she was part of 4 hit movies in one year and then held on to it for a while. For a long time Katrina was successful because despite her acting skills she was part of crazy number of hit movies and her dance numbers were the best during a time when everyone wanted to have the best item song. 

I don't know who I considered most successful. Money wise probably Deepika or Priyanka. Fan wise probably Katrina and Deepika. 

From what people/media say, and BO india is my source of #1. Ormax is not as credible, but katrina and deepika have been #1 for years proving to be an audiences favorite. I dont necessarily agree witht he whole #1 equating to the epitome of success and thats why I am bringing up this question. You bought up good points, and I agree that multiple actresses have done well at one point of time despite not having the #1 tag to their name.

But majorily BO success equates to number 1 from what I have observed, Deepika and Katrina have both been the most successful in this aspect. With katrina being more successful BO wise before Deepika was. Just because an actress is not #1 doesnt mean thety lack popularity, its just a tag people still obsess over

ponymo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Lol she was literally no.1 from 2008-09 to 2012-13. Nobody came close to her popularity in that time.