Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: surabhi01

Who was father of  vasudev( devki husband) surasen? 

Yeah, Shurasen.  So their clan was the Vrishnis, while Devaki was the daughter of Devaka, and niece of Ugrasena, and her clan was called the Andhakas.  Those 2 clans were always at loggerheads, barely held together by Krishna, and split up by Arjun after him.

Edited by .Vrish. - 3 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail

And why  vasudev ( devki husband)  after death of Kansas  didn't not live with his own father and mother  . Why vasudev  keep  living with   his father in law that is with ugrsen  in dwarika 

One thing: does SB mention any point where Shurasen dies?  How about Ugrasen?  The last mention of the latter was him advising Samba's friends to ground the mace he had given birth to and  scatter it in the sea.  But no mention is made of Ugrasena either in the bloodbath, nor when Arjun comes to Dwaraka.

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I don't find anywhere in srimadh bhagwat where  sursen dies 

And  ugrsen was mentioned when daarook ( Lord krishna's  charioteer ) went to dwarika to inform about Lord krishna left the earth 

At that time of ugrsen  sitting with vasudev ( devki husband) when daarook informed about lord krishna  transcendental  dissappearence

Devki, vasudev  and rohini  dies immediately when they could not find  their sons ( their death is same like  parents of shravan dies hearing news of shravan death) 

But no mention that ugrsen died 

Since there is no mention that ugrsen died  so I assuming that ugrsen is among old people who survived in Yadav destruction and arjun took ugrsen  along with other old people, children and women to indraprath 

Though it is not mention in shree madh bhagwat that Arjun took ugrsen to indraprath after Yadav destruction. It is just my guess 

surabhi01 thumbnail

It is mention that when   kans  become ruler of mathura then  due to fear of kans  some   Yadav  people left mathura and take shelter in  other kingdom 

Might be   surasen also left mathura and take shelter in other kingdom 

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Who was father of  vasudev( devki husband) surasen? 

Yes, Shurasena was the head of the Vrishni faction of the Yadavas, and Vasudeva was his last child and son. His eldest son and heir to the Vrishnis was Devabhaaga. His biological daughter was Pritha, who was later adopted by Kuntibhoja and became Kunti. That's how the Pandavas and Krishna are cousins.

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

And why  vasudev ( devki husband)  after death of Kansas  didn't not live with his own father and mother  . Why vasudev  keep  living with   his father in law that is with ugrsen  in dwarika 

All the Yadava factions lived in Mathura. Devaki and Kansa were part of the Andhaka faction, and King Ugrasena was selected by all of the Yadava factions as their "head ruler". He wasn't a "King" per se, in the traditional sense like the Kurus and all other kingdoms had. The Yadavas were sort of like a Dwapara yuga version of a democracy. They selected their King from among the various factions based on merit and votes. King Ugrasena ruled over them all, but they each had their own leaders as well.

So Vasudeva didn't exactly live in his father-in-law's house. He lived in Shurasena's palace, but that palace too was in Mathura. Afterwards, when all the Yadavas shifted to Dwaraka following the attacks of Jarasandha, King Ugrasena remained the King as the eldest of them all, but they all still had their individual palaces.

Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: RamKiSeeta

Yes, Shurasena was the head of the Vrishni faction of the Yadavas, and Vasudeva was his last child and son. His eldest son and heir to the Vrishnis was Devabhaaga. His biological daughter was Pritha, who was later adopted by Kuntibhoja and became Kunti. That's how the Pandavas and Krishna are cousins.

No, I think Shurasena's first daughter was Kunti, who he adopted out to his pal Kuntibhoj.  Then came Vasudev, and then came Shrutashrava and other daughters, who were mothers of Sishupala, Dantavakra, and then Vinda, Anuvinda and Mitravindya.

So Devabhaga and Vasudev was Shurasena's only sons, the rest were all daughters.  Kunti's sons became allies of Krishna, while all the other grandsons via his other daughters, all became enemies of Krishna or the Pandavas

So Ugrasena had no descendants at all?  Which would explain why Kritavarma's son became the king of the Andhakas post the fratricide

Edited by .Vrish. - 3 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail

I don't find anywhere in srimadh bhagwat where  sursen dies 

And  ugrsen was mentioned when daarook ( Lord krishna's  charioteer ) went to dwarika to inform about Lord krishna left the earth 

At that time of ugrsen  sitting with vasudev ( devki husband) when daarook informed about lord krishna  transcendental  dissappearence

Devki, vasudev  and rohini  dies immediately when they could not find  their sons ( their death is same like  parents of shravan dies hearing news of shravan death) 

But no mention that ugrsen died 

Since there is no mention that ugrsen died  so I assuming that ugrsen is among old people who survived in Yadav destruction and arjun took ugrsen  along with other old people, children and women to indraprath 

Though it is not mention in shree madh bhagwat that Arjun took ugrsen to indraprath after Yadav destruction. It is just my guess 

But Ugrasena was already the king of the Yadava coalition.  If he was still alive, why would Arjun have to re-configure the Yadava coalition?   Besides, wouldn't age alone suggest that they'd be near their death - Ugrasena and Shurasena?  If they weren't already?

Going by the MB here, he gave Kritavarma's son Bali a kingdom, where the Andhakas could settle.  He gave Satyaki's son Asanga a kingdom where the Vrishni's could settle.  He crowned Vajra at Indraprastha, but it's unclear whether Vajra went on to rule at Indraprastha, or returned to Mathura to rule.  B'cos I've seen historical accounts of how the descendants of the Pandavas switched capitals a couple of times b/w Hastinapur and Indraprastha.

Anyway, had Ugrasena still been alive, why would Arjun have made all those changes?

surabhi01 thumbnail

I have already said that it is my assumption that  ugrsen would have alive  because there is no mention that ugrsen died  in sb 

It can be also too  either ugrsen left for vanprasth aashram  and after that vrjaj ( krishna grandson) made king  of yadu dynasty  in indraprasth    just like  pandavas  hand over kingdom hastinspur to parkshit and pandavas left for forest  after krishna diss appearance 

surabhi01 thumbnail

Ugrsen has nine sons and 5 daughter 

And 5 daughter of  ugrsen married to  younger brother of vasudev ( devki husband 's younger brother) 

And vasudev ( devki husband) married all daughter of devka  ( so rohini is also daughter of devka ?) 

And I think all son of ugrsen killed by Lord krishna as all son of ugrsen may be evil that is why no heir of ugrsen 

Btw who was king after surasen   . Was vasudev ( devki husband) made king after surasen?  If no then why vasudev was not made king after surasen? 

And what about  another brother of kunti Where he has gone after getting married to ugrsen five daughters 

Edited by surabhi01 - 3 years ago