tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

I watched Piku again yesterday, and the end kind of confused me. Piku definitely was interested in Rana, this was evident when she asks him if he would marry her and also when she asks him to stay back a couple of days more, now was it love or just friendship

what confused me is during the prayer meet, Big B's doctor says that he knew Syed and Piku were close and that he had constipation problems, later on, Piku confronts him.

The end scene, where the maid comes back. In the beginning, she had vowed to come back only if Piku was married.

what do you think happened, did Rana and Piku pursue a relationship or Piku and Syed were together

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

I immediately started pondering about Piku and Syed's relationship after finishing the film for the first time.

Piku and Syed were hook up partners, colleagues and I assume to some extent each others' confidants. At the end of the movie, I assume Piku "broke off" with him ie. stopped seeing him as a sex partner. And while some people think that it was because Piku didn't want to deal with another constipation ka patient, I think it's more to do with Syed not being honest to her about it. 

Piku must have had 1000s of conversations with him about her baba and his poop stories and shared her frustrations about dealing with it everyday. It would have been natural for Syed as a friend, to share that he also had this condition and give her some much needed comfort, reassurance and advice..in the manner that "hey listen, I also have this condition, and I do so and so to ease it etc"...

Instead he was very standoffish about the entire thing. I think Piku saw Syed's act of withholding this information as an act of dishonesty and selfishness. Syed was obviously not revealing his condition because he thought Piku would end whatever relationship they had. He was also probably thinking of taking the relationship to the next stage (marriage), and thought this piece of information would deter her, which it did. But I believe it was the act of hiding it, and not the condition itself.

Coming to Rana and Piku. I do believe Piku felt an easy chemistry with Rana which she never felt with Syed. Their conversations flowed without effort, they were upfront with each other, shared a sense of humour and Piku was definitely warmed by how Rana managed to deal with Bhaskar when Piku couldn't. 

The last scene of the maid returning to her house shows Piku and Rana at the start of what could be a potential life long relationship.

Edited by FilmiDhun - 3 years ago