BRC's Mahabharat: Character of the Week #2

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 years ago

We are truly fortunate in this day and age to have had a roof over our head,

A sense of security as the medical, the administrative and the law-enforcement authorities are fighting relentlessly to protect this very security!

The least we can do today is to stand back, and cooperate.

However, with news and announcements and so much of negative information flooding our virtual spaces, wouldn't it be nice to take our minds off for a while and enjoy the magic that is Mahabharata!

For the very same reason, we bring to you the second

https://i.imgur.com/OBNcUNU.gif

Here's a quick recap of the hows and whys of this thread:

Every week, one supporting character (i.e. excluding Krishna, or Pandavas&Draupadi or Duryodhana) will be given and we will all take a trip down our memory lanes and discuss, appreciate and scrutinize the overall presentation of the character in the show as well as his/her relevance/appearances in the actual epic.

Rules

Just like every other thread out here there will have to be some rules:

smiley27 Please follow IF COC at all times smiley27

smiley27 Please do not compare the characterization/acting/presentation of the characters with their counterparts from any other version of Ramayana smiley27

smiley27 Please do not discuss in any shape or form the offscreen/personal life of the characters mentioned smiley27

Congratz, you made it! smiley40

Now lets move on to the actual part of this thread now!

The character for this week would be

*drumrolls*

*more drumrolls*

Rajamata Satyavathi

https://i.imgur.com/euvn5mZ.gif

Second wife of King Shantanu, and the one who shaped of the future of the Kuruvansh!

Get on rolling guys!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ImaginativeGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

One of the many interesting female characters of the epic.

Satyavathi in a way starts the entire story by being different than most women of that time - ambitious, driven.

Her father might have asked for the impossible by suggesting that Devavrata give up the kingship as well as never further the line, but Satyavathi never protests even once making it clear that she was complicit in the entire proposal.

She ruled as regent for many years along with Bhisma's help so that shows that she is politically aware too.

She did come to finally repent her past actions because of a lack of a good king in Hastinapur and hence retired to the forests in the last years of her life.

I think Debasree Roy looks the part - she is beautiful and intelligent and had the aura that is required to carry off a strong ambitious royal queen.

Wow, I wrote a lot😃

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 years ago

Debashree ji as Satyavathi was quite phenomenal, it was a welcome change from her usual filmography that she usually did at that time. ❤️

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Somebody who lived her on her own terms and she lived well.  a go getter. Life tested her at various points and i would say she did fare well . 

BanBB thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Expressionist (October 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 8

ambitious driven woman 

thats how she ruled for many years

Her line ruled hastinapur till the end of kurkshetra war