RoNakshi TS - YOU and ME - Parts 1 and 2 - Completed on 01/04

Tk2000 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hi Guys!

Hope you guys are doing well. I am relatively new to this forum and have been a silent reader so far. I just love this forum and finally decided to write a short piece on RoNakshi as I absolutely adore this couple. It is one of the things I would have loved to see on the show and still would, if there is a second season. I hope you guys like it. Please leave your comments and I will write the second part if you guys like it.

Happy reading :)

YOU and ME - Part 1

Sonakshi gave a huge sigh as she looked at the cuckoo clock in Rohit’s cabin for the zillionth time. 7.50 PM! She had been waiting here for Rohit for more than an hour now and it was getting more and more frustrating with each passing minute. She was tired and hungry and now really angry with Rohit.

“Why did he promise her anything in the first place when he did not intend to keep his promise?” she thought angrily. “Did he not understand how frustrating this was for her? Did he not realize that she was in the 7th month of her pregnancy and her patience was already hanging by a minuscule thread? Why, just why did he need to test it right now?”

That was pretty much Sonakshi Rastogi for you at the moment. Both she and Rohit had been elated when they found out 5 months ago that she was expecting. Since they no longer stayed with their families, this news meant that they would have to plan their times and schedules meticulously to ensure that they managed everything well, and so they did. Sona had happily broken the news to Netraji and had expressed her wish of taking 6 months off from the 7th month of her pregnancy so that she could then join back once the baby was 3 months old. It was hence collectively decided that they would bring in a track where Parvati disappears under mysterious circumstances and is assumed dead.This would give them time to concentrate on other tracks during Sona’s absence,after which they could, in all ITV glory, bring Parvati back from the dead. Thenews of her pregnancy had made her fans absolutely ecstatic and they were sure the fans would understand her absence and welcome her back with opens arms at the end of the 6 months.

The first 6 months of her pregnancy had been perfect. Rohit, who had been over protective of Sona at the most normal of times, had now become a complete satellite husband as far as she was concerned – constantly monitoring her health, ensuring that she did not overwork herself and basically just hovering around her all the time, being at her beck and call. Sona could not thank her stars enough for giving her such a supportive and caring partner like Rohit, who respected her so much and loved her to death. Life was just perfect!!!

And it was then as she entered her 7th month, that things began to go downhill. Her health was not an issue – Thank God! She had a very healthy pregnancy and there were no foreseen issues in her delivery. So all was good on that front. But things between her and Rohit nosedived at such a speed that she couldn’t fathom what was going wrong.

It all began 3 to 4 weeks ago, where the city and the country in general saw an incredible surge in cases of respiratory disorders due to some kind of virus. Although it began with odd cases trickling in, there was soon a full blown panic situation, which meant Rohit was constantly needed at the hospital at all kinds of odd hours. There were check-ups, tests, surgeries,follow-ups and a million other things that needed to be done and being the best cardiac surgeon in India, he had taken it upon himself to attend to as many patients personally as he could. This obviously meant that he did not have much time for anything else. He hardly spent any time at home and when he did, all he could manage to do was to eat a few morsels and fall into an exhausted slumber, before yet another emergency call summoned him back to the hospital.

Sona had tried her best to understand and not feel bad about it, but her pregnancy hormones were not making it easy for her to control her emotions.To top that, she had started her 6-month break and was basically at home doing nothing for the first time since she was 12 years old. She did not know what to do with all her time. It was getting increasingly difficult to move around as swiftly as she used to and she got tired very easily. It was all very new to her and she did not know how to cope up with it. All of it would probably have been OK had Rohit been there with her to share it. But he wasn’t. She had tried visiting him at the hospital a couple of times, but that had majorly backfired. He was too busy to see her anyway and when he found out that she had walked in to the hospital just like that, he had completely blown his top at her for exposing herself to infected environments without any kind of protection and for no apparent reason.He of course was right in his own way because he deeply cared for her and did not want any harm to come to her and the baby. But she did not see it that way.She just felt ignored and neglected by him, like he did not need her around anymore.And so she just stopped making an effort to get through to him and whenever he triedto make an effort to talk to her or ask her something, she just shut herself off and answered in monosyllables.

Rohit, on the other hand, was facing problems of his own. He had barely gotten any sleep in the last 3 weeks, he was tired, exhausted and messed up and all he wanted when he went back home was to spend a few moments with Sona. She was what he needed more than anything else. She was his solution to every problem, the answer to all his questions. But it seemed like she had decided to distance herself from him. He had no idea why. It probably started a couple of weeks ago when he yelled at her for coming to the hospital. Yes, he had overreacted a tad bit, but he had been awake for 30 hours straight, he was irritable and snappy and she knew that. Plus he was raving mad at her for being careless enough to walk into a high-infection-risk place in her 7th month. He had tried to talk to her when he had gotten home that night, but she had just brushed him away and had been doing that ever since. Nothing he did seemed right to her, she was perpetually irritated with him and it was driving him crazy.

And then this morning, just as he was leaving for the hospital, she had told him, “Rohit, aaj shyaam ko mera Dr Nisha ke saath appointment hai, scan keliye. 6 baje. FYI. Tumhein koi farak to padega nahee, par socha baata dun.” Hehad bitten back a sarcastic reply at her taunt and said, “To tum hospital aarahi ho?” She nodded a yes. “Theek hai, to phir 6 baje milte hain”. She looked athim in surprise and said, “Tum chaloge mere saath scan ke liye?” “Of course Sona, itna surprised lagne ki zaroorat nahee hai. Maine aaj tak tumhara koi appointment miss nahee kiya hai waise bhi. Bye!”

That was this morning and Sona had been looking forward to going to the scan with Rohit. But alas! It was not to be. Sona came to the hospital at 5.30PM only to be told by Tulsi that Rohit had to go in for an emergency surgery ofa 72-year old gentleman a while ago. The case was critical and the surgery couldtake a couple of hours. But Tulsi informed her that Rohit had left a message for her to wait for him in his cabin once she was done with her checkup. So once again, Sona was on her own. She waited in Rohit’s cabin till 6 PM, with the hope of an odd chance that his surgery would be done sooner than expected.But that of course did not happen and she finally went for her scan alone.After the scan and the checkup, she came back to Rohit’s cabin at 6.45 to find that he was still in the OT. And now 1 hour 15 minutes later, she was still waiting for Rohit, hungry, tired and extremely irritated.

Just as she was about to get up and leave, the door opened. She looked up expecting to see Rohit, but in walked Dr. Sanjana Malhotra, followed by Tulsi. Sonakshi rubbed her forehead in frustration, this woman was the last thing she needed right now. She was Rohit’s acquaintance from medical college and was based in the UK, but was in Mumbai for a few weeks, working with the Sippy Hospital team to handle the surge in cases as it was her field of expertise. She was apparently brilliant at her job but Sonakshi had hated her right from the first meeting. She was condescending, irritating and she seemed to think no end of herself. She thought it was “cute” that Sonakshi was an actress. CUTE!Really?! And to make matters worse, she seemed to crush on Rohit big time and clearly thought it was OK to flirt with a committed, married man in front of his wife. Actually,she rather seemed to enjoy it. Probably because she could sense it wound Sonakshi up so much!

Sanjana: Arre Sonakshi tum? Yahaan kya kar rahi ho?

Sona: Ye Rohit ka cabin hai na. To main to uska wait kar rahi hoon.Obviously. Par tum yahaan? Tumhein bhi use milna hai kya?

Sanjana (with an exaggerated laugh): Nahee nahee, mujhe uska wait karneki kya zaroorat hai. Hum to saath mein hi the na itni der se.

Sona: Tum bhi thi surgery mein? To Rohit kahaan hai?

Sanjana: Patient ki family se bahar baat kar raha hai. Aa raha hoga.Maine socha main aake uske liye kuchh chai vagaira bol dun. Bechara bahut thakgaya hai. Tulsi, do chai bol do please. Tum kuchh logi Sonakshi?

Sona: Nahee, I am OK. Waise Rohit ko chai pasand nahee hai. Wo coffee peetahai, aur is waqt use black coffee chahiye hogi. And 315 – coffee shop kaextension. Unhein phone karke bol do. Tulsi nurse hai, ye uska kaam nahee hai.

Tulsi gave Sonakshi a small smile while Sonakshi winked at her. Justthen, Rohit entered, still dressed in his scrubs. “Sonaaa! Really sorry yaar itnalate ho gaya mujhe. Wo surgery bahut complicated thi aur…” “Lekin you did a fabjob in there” cut in Sanjana, giving him a hug. “Thank you Sanju, but always ateamwork!” Sonakshi’s smile was swept right off her face seeing Rohit hug herback. She could feel her irritation and anger at Rohit return. “Ab chalein Rohit?I am really, really tired.” “Haan haan chalo, main Ravi ko phone karta hun”.

Just as they were about to leave, Sanjana said, “Waise main kya sochrahi thi Rohit, ki itni badi surgery successful hui hai. To celebration tobanta hai na. Dinner?”

Rohit made a face as if to say no. “Come on Rohit, ek dinner hi to hai.Pleeease!”

Rohit looked at Sona for help, but before that Sanjana turned to Sonakshiand said, “Lagta hai ye darr raha hai tumse, isliye naa keh raha hai. Ab tum hisamjhao na, permission de do.”

“Meri permission ki koi zaroorat nahee hain ise, wo apne faisle khud lesakta hai. Agar jaana hai ise, to he can go.”, Sonakshi retorted.

“Arre tum to bura maan gayi Sonakshi. Main to mazaak kar rahi thi. Aurtum bhi to invited ho of course. Come on, say yes.”, pleaded Sanjana.

Sonakshi had reached the end of her patience by now. So she said, “OK fine.Dinner done! Happy?” She asked looking at Rohit, who was already glaring at herin anger for accepting the invitation.

They rode home in silence, both angry but both not wanting to sayanything in front of Ravi. As soon as they entered their room, Sonakshi turnedto Rohit.

S: Mujhe kisi dinner pe nahee jaana.

R: What?

S: Mujhe dinner pe nahee jaana hai Rohit. Tum jao.

R: Agar tumhein jaana nahee tha, to phir haan kyun kaha. Wahin par manakar deti na.

S: Kaise mana karti? Tum the na wahaan pe, tumne dekha na wo kya bolrahi thi. Ki meri wajah se tum mana nahee rahe ho.

R: Kya pharak padta hai Sona ki wo kya keh rahi thi ya use kya lagtahai? Maine kuchh kaha tumse?

S: Kehne ki kya zaroorat hai? Mujhe pata hai. And anyway tum itnanaraaz kyun ho rahe ho? Main tumhe kahaan mana kar rahi hoon? Tum jaana chahteho, to tum jao naa.

R: Main jaana chahata nahee hoon Sona, lekin tumhari is harkat ki wajahse ab mujhe jaana padega. Ek to mujhse bina poochche wahaan tumne haan kardi. Imean, I didn’t even want to go. I am dead tired, I just wanted to be at home.Par ab mujhe jaana padega. Upar se tumhare naa aane ka koi bahana bhi bananapadega.

S: To ismein kaunsi badi baat hai? Use pata hai na main pregnant hoon?Bol to ki thak gayi hoon. Aur waise bhi, use koi pharak nahee padega mere aaneya na aane se. In fact, wo to khush hogi ki main nahee hoon. Usne zabardastimujhe invite kiya hai, uska bilkul mann nahee tha mujhe bulane ka.

R: Ab iska kya matlab hai?

S: Seriously Rohit? Tum mere saath reh rehke itne acchhe actor ban gayeho ya tum seriously itne stupid ho ki tumhein dikhayi nahee deta?

R: Kya dikhayi nahee deta Sona? Kya bol rahi ho?

S: Really Rohit? Tumhein samajh nahee aata ki wo tumhare saath flirtkarti rehti hai? Ya phir samajh mein aa raha hai par natak kar rahe ho kyunkitumhein uski flirting aachi lag rahi hai?

R: WHAT?? What the hell is that even supposed to mean?

S: Aur nahee to kya. Ekdum tumhare type ki hai na wo. Doctor hai, ohsorry surgeon hai. Meri tarah actress nahee hai, jiske IQ levels ke saathtumhein adjust karna pade.

R: Sona, you are just overreacting. Tum gussa kisi aur cheez pe ho aur nikaalkisi aur baat pe rahi ho. Tum…

S: Really? Tumhein koi pharak padta hai Rohit ki main kis cheez pargussa hoon? Mujhe kya lag raha hai, kya mehsoos ho raha hai, main kya chahtihoon is sabse zara sa bhi pharak padta hai tumhe?

R: Of course padta hai Sona. Aur jo bhi hai tumhare dil mein, tum bolona saaf saaf mujhe. Main sun raha hoon na. Par ye Sanjana ko beech mein laaneka kya matlab hai? Ye uske baare mein hai bhi nahee yaar, this is about you andme. US!

S: Main use beech mein nahee laa rahi hoon. Wo beech mein hai already.

R: Sona, meri baat suno. Stop being unreasonable OK, aur…

S: Oh, to ab main unreasonable hoon. Duniya bhar ki buraiyaan hai namujhme. Unreasonable, irresponsible, careless, boring, uneducated,unsophisticated

R: What? Maine ye sab kab bola? Tum kyun keh rahi ho ye sab?

S: Aur ab to main khoobsurat ya acchi bhi nahee lagti hoon shayad. Yeis tarah, pregnancy ki 7th month mein, overweight, tired, kaisekhoobsurat lagoongi right?

R: Sona please!! What is wrong with you? Just calm down, tum bahutzyaada hyper ho rahi ho…

S: You know what Rohit? Agar itni hi problem mujhse, mari har baat se, tochhod kyun nahee dete mujhe? Kisne kaha hai mere saath rehne ke liye. Chale jaona chhod ke..

R (finally completely losing his temper, erupts like a volcano): ENOUGHSONAKSHI!! Main chup hoon, kuchh bol nahee raha hoon, iska matlab ye nahee haiki tum jo mann mein aaya wo bolti chali jao. I know main koi perfect husband naheehoon, galtiyaan hoti hai mujhse I know. But I am bloody trying. Koshish karraha hoon main. Par tumne jaise decide kar liya hai ki meri har baat galat hai.Aur main thak gaya hoon apne aap ko prove karte karte. Tum akele rehna chahtiho na? You want me to go? Fine. Main jaa raha hoon. Tum raho akeli yahaan par.

Saying that, Rohit stormed out of the house. Sonakshi just stood still for a couple of minutes,shocked at Rohit’s outburst, and then burst into tears.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mahi_Devil thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Wow.. you have encapsulated the essence of the characters of Rohit and Sonakshi so well.. It really felt like I was watching the show.. I really enjoyed reading this story, and I look forward to read more :) 

huchseju thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Awesome......

I am dying to read the 2nd part

Please update soon

Ronakshi12 thumbnail
waiting for part 2 . you have written so beautifully
AnushkhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Loved it!!! But come on... just don't only make Rohit prostate in front of Sona... she was equally at fault naa...

Other than that.... its amazing. Continue soon plz

Tk2000 thumbnail

Thank you for the positive comments guys. So glad you liked it :) Encourages me to write more :) 

Edited by Tk2000 - 4 years ago
roshni_az thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

This was so so good ❤️ It's been quite a while I read a Ronakshi story. But I m glad I came across this. Concept is superb. 

Please continue it if you can. Want to read more about how they handle pregnancy and emergency together 

Tk2000 thumbnail

Originally posted by: roshni_az

This was so so good ❤️ It's been quite a while I read a Ronakshi story. But I m glad I came across this. Concept is superb. 

Please continue it if you can. Want to read more about how they handle pregnancy and emergency together 

Thank you so much for your great comments. I had initially conceptualised this as a short story containing 2 to 3 parts. I will probably post the next parts tomorrow, to show how they get back together after the fight.

And if you guys like it, then I will try and continue the story forward too :)

docalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Loved it plz do continue eagerly waiting for the next part 

Priyankajain14 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Awsm story enjoyed reading it.

Looking forward for the next part