blUeNoSed thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I just watched it because I was bored and wow! Minus the cringeworthy and horrendous acting of Zayed Khan, the movie is one of the best psychological dramas I have seen. It is also a well made husband-wife relationship drama. 

The scene when Shaukat realizes that his muse may have gone out of his control gave me goosebumps. 

I was surprised how well it addresses mental health disorders like paranoia, delusional disorder and borderline schizophrenia. And the kind of toll writing can take on mental health was actually well portrayed. 

The acting by Sanjay Dutt and Aishwarya was amazing. They actually made a very believable married couple, had their cute and very hot moments. Great chemistry. 

It Was way ahead of times for Indian Cinema I guess that's why it flopped. 

Why is this movie not more popular?!!! I am so surprised.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Elvis12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Shabd was really bad .The plot line itself is a major drag and hard to connect when a husband himself sets up his wife to romance with much younger guy just for the sake of a book .Sanjay was an obsessed writer still his actions were far from believable .

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Haven't seen the movie, because I don't like any of the lead actors.

But I do remember I was in college when the movie released, and I loved the songs, especially Khoya Khoya and Sholon Si. The chemistry between the lead couple was strikingly good.

Now that you are recommending it, I might give it a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S7vl-NCB_Y

RunParoRun thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

It def was way ahead of its time, but the issue was with the narrative. It was too confusing for the audience and a lot of critics felt ppl woudn't buy a hubby telling his wife to romance another man--which they didn't. But it's very artistic shot. The beach scenes with the glowy shadow effects and Aish's colsoe ups are masterful.

Zayed was def the weaklink, they shoud have cast someone with better scene presence.

blUeNoSed thumbnail

It's not perfect, the entire track with Zayed-Ash is quite poor. But it handles the rest very well imo. Worth a watch. I think people did not understand it, that's the main issue. 

Yes, the songs are really good. 

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Haven't seen the movie, because I don't like any of the lead actors.

But I do remember I was in college when the movie released, and I loved the songs, especially Khoya Khoya and Sholon Si. The chemistry between the lead couple was strikingly good.

Now that you are recommending it, I might give it a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S7vl-NCB_Y

Aishwarya’s orgasmic expressions in the posters were a huge turn off not to talk about Zayed’s boyish confused deer in the headlights looks....So yeah, never ventured past the posters! 

adventurousman thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I loved it but didn’t get why Sanju sent his wife. His thought process was like I write this story but what was the need to do it irl? Also after the end credits roll you can see Zayed riding a bike so he isn’t really dead + why did he go mad? Like it got too much? Lol

She didn’t even sleep with Zayed 

simplyrdb thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I only remember the movie for the extraordinary album by Vishal Shekar. 

Innovative script

FAULTY execution. 

blUeNoSed thumbnail

The film can be interpreted in multiple ways. But my interpretation is that the entire Ash-Zayed track was in Shaukat's head. The point where Ash falls for Zayed is when his mental stability has started collapsing to the extent where he has no control over his thoughts/writing. 

To think that he was so delusional that he thought all that he wrote was turning out to be true. 

Also we never see Shakat and Zayed's character together.

Originally posted by: adventurousman

I loved it but didn’t get why Sanju sent his wife. His thought process was like I write this story but what was the need to do it irl? Also after the end credits roll you can see Zayed riding a bike so he isn’t really dead + why did he go mad? Like it got too much? Lol

She didn’t even sleep with Zayed