And the only way they can now save Anurag Basu….

K-Shandra thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

At the start of this track my logical and creative sides collectively took the decision to step back and observe – because any creative would know that the story they were trying to sell was the equivalent of creative suicide if it went wrong.

And suicide they committed.

You either have to be very brave or very stupid to do this… I shall leave it up to the reader to decide which.

I labeled it a monumental flop from the get go, because from the start there were too many half-baked ideas/ thoughts/ considerations in the outline that not only upended the viewer but also contradicted the past year and a half. Too much time was spent reassuring viewers. And any reader or viewer knows that such reassurances are not needed if you are in capable hands. But with Kasautii we know the creatives are too easily swayed and what could have been a solid storyline has not only frayed but come apart completely.   

There are too many indirect character depictions – which makes you feel that the creatives have no idea what or who the characters fundamentally are – and it is those indirect and negative character depictions the audience is picking up on and highlighting. (There is also the complete lack in understanding of human nature on the creatives side)

So after giving them the equivalent of nearly a month to get to the point, I can clearly say – YOU MISSED IT! (and any chance of redemption for Anurag)

I once again feel that the creatives are in over their heads and flying blind without radar or a map - while the fuel is running out! (Let’s just hope they somehow manage to land in Kasautii.)

Rather than get to the meat and bones and make this believable – which there was in fact a very slim chance – you chose to make Anurag negligent and thoughtless and have poured so much calcium calbite (whitewash) over him that I’m surprised he has not yet petrified into an immortal white statue.

But can Anurag be redeemed? …not the way they’re doing it.

But there is a way out – the coward's way for every creative when they’ve realized that what they were trying to do has flopped (colossally) – question would be: Would the audience accept it?

And at this moment I would be the first to say – they probably would.

So what is the answer?

Wake Anurag from his bad (disjointed and poorly executed) dream, go back, and make him fight for their relationship. In short: REBOOT

It is cruel to both viewers and actors – But may just save the story in the end.  And considering current events and circumstances, the creatives will have some time now to rewrite their storyline…. 

Need I say more?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nailah_EjFian thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Can he give Prerna and Sneha their first 8 years back? 

hope4u thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Just out of curiosity, is this your first ITV show?? 

The reason Im asking is because getting to the meat and bones of things, as you said, really understanding the character, staying true and then writing a tight script and storyline while staying true to those very characters is something that most ITV shows are not known for. It is a fact, however much it maybe tough to believe ; kzk is not alone in its half baked, lazy writing and execution, in fact, it's not even the worst out there. 

Anyway coming to your point, there is a fundamental problem in the way a show such as this is conceptualized, in that, this very format is not suited for a daily soap which runs over many years. A format which wants to show the lead characters never staying together requires a certain "butchering", if you will, of the core character traits in order to sell a narrative where the two lovers are separated time and again by forces out of their control. You cannot sell this, if you do not commit something  akin to creative suicide or kill your characters because the necessary drama quotient, required in such a long running daily soap will simply not be fulfilled if there is anything remotely resembling continuity, character traits or even logic. 

The second most important point is the audience that this show is largely catering to. What remains the fact is that this show is not catering to the handful of people we see here in this forum or even online. We people, regardless of the Fandom, spend so much time dissecting every dialogue, every foreshadowing we may or may not see, trying to bend the narrative according to what we like or who our favorite is. This show is not for us. The show is for a population who watches this as one among many, probably as something which runs in the background while they're busy with cooking their evening meals or some other activities. It's just watch and forget entertainment. So drama, evil winning over good repeatedly until ultimately good triumphs, love which faces trials and still persists, a dramatic love where one repeatedly sacrifices for the other is accepted and largely welcomed. There's a reason the narrative is following this trend. Because the ML who loved and still loves the FL and sacrifices for her is accepted and welcomed. How sensible was his sacrifice, whether it stayed true to his character or not is not going to be addressed because those are questions which are being raised here, by us. These are not questions raised by the majority of the viewers and neither is the show attempting to answer it. Anurag is the Male lead, more importantly he is one half of the principle couple about whom the show is, the couple that the audience has invested better part of a year and a half in, so the narrative will go in the direction of keeping the audience sympathy with him, while giving the necessary doses of drama required to grab the eyeballs. Character traits, continuity and logic are collateral damages here. 

Finally, anurag fighting to save the relationship. Honestly I don't see it happening here. Because as per the current story, anurag took these drastic measures so that prerna will have a better life far away from him. He knows as long as she is near him, komolika will not let her live. And prerna will never leave anurag, unless he kills her very heart and soul, because that's how deep her love for him goes. Going by that, if he fights to bring her back in his life now, that kind of goes against all that he has done all these years. 🤷🏾‍♀️ The only way I see that happening is if Anurag comes to know that Bajaj has had a big role to play here, and he is not what he appears to be. 

opsora2090 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Ab Sare umeede bajaj pe hai .. CV bass ek hi kam ab kar sakte hai to save anurag only by rotating the whole scenario to bajaj's action. 

just like , the way they once desperately  covered up anurag's planned accident where he Tried to  traumatize prerna , on that case CV deliberately rotated the full attention towards bajaj's intention n highlighted him as villain where the main sinner was Anurag on that case ... 

toh once again for covering up anurag's sin , cv will have  to demolish someone else 's image .. otherwise no way to save anurag's image . 

but phirbhi itna sab kuch karke bhi Anurag's action has no justification at all .. kisi aur kay karnamo , even komo ka karnamo bhi anurag's action ko justify nei kar sakte .

Edited by opsora2090 - 4 years ago
Soanz.19 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: opsora2090

Ab Sare umeede bajaj pe hai .. CV bass ek hi kam ab kar sakte hai to save anurag only by rotating the whole scenario to bajaj's action. 

just like , the way they once desperately  covered up anurag's planned accident where he Tried to  traumatize prerna , on that case CV deliberately rotated the full attention towards bajaj's intention n highlighted him as villain where the main sinner was Anurag on that case ... 

toh once again for covering up anurag's sin , cv will have  to demolish someone else 's image .. otherwise no way to save anurag's image . 

but phirbhi itna sab kuch karke bhi Anurag's action has no justification at all .. kisi aur kay karnamo , even komo ka karnamo bhi anurag's action ko justify nei kar sakte .

Bingo!!! Ek hi tareeka hai justification ka. Overnight sab kuch Bajaj pe daal do, which the CVs are very capable of doing😆

opsora2090 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Soanz.19

Bingo!!! Ek hi tareeka hai justification ka. Overnight sab kuch Bajaj pe daal do, which the CVs are very capable of doing😆

But Phirbhi Anurag ka justification nei ho sakte uss 8 sal and the push .. baaass CV only could divert the attention through bajaj only  jo already they did so many times

Soanz.19 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: opsora2090

But Phirbhi Anurag ka justification nei ho sakte uss 8 sal and the push .. baaass CV only could divert the attention through bajaj only  jo already they did so many times

Justification toh kisi bhi tareeke se nahi ho sakta. That's why they need a scapegoat which RB will be🤔

MajhboorChomo thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Soanz.19

Justification toh kisi bhi tareeke se nahi ho sakta. That's why they need a scapegoat which RB will be🤔

So CV and prerna both r using my Rishabh 😡😡 this one is unacceptable for me 

Last time they did too just like Oppo said 👍🏼😭😭 

FarhaadkiMahi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

i know we dont want to see this anurag who surrender to fate & doing nothing 

but my question is  we will forgive if he choose to fight kom & pre go to jail even for one day & cp brutally killed by kom 

no  than  we said dekho anu ne sacrifice nahi kiya 

my  point  is  in all these 4 month he saw how dangerous kom is & he surrender i dont find  anything worng in this .& he did what he thought ok to save his faimly 

everybody frustrated why  he lived with kom & not did anything after that 😵

aur mai bol rahi  chahe  kitna prelika dikha le  2 se jayda trp  nahi hogi

anu has to fight  khair  cvs te dikhana hi nahi chahte

Edited by moniloveanupre - 4 years ago
opsora2090 thumbnail

After Bhejing prerna and sneha together safely as per him  , Anurag had no need to live with komo since 8 years... 

iska keya justification hai inn 8 sal komo kay sath rehna .. as anurag clearly knew that sneha is not with komo .. surety .. toh ab ka majburi hai anurag ki kay pati ka role nivaying , sharing same bed .. 

as per the FB ,   1 sal mai komo basus ko business mai help kia, blood dia moloy ko  .. toh jahape prerna- sneha already safe hai as per him , toh usi din hi komo ko kyu police mai nei dala anurag  .. 8 sal kaiko jhela ? kyunki as per anu , pre- sneha save hai na 🤪

also komo knew that sneha is no more . toh komo kay passs ab keya bachi to hit .. aur dunia kay hisab se prerna also no more. toh it would easy for  anurag na , to ditch komo . ulta he drunk n  gave birth of diya .. aur apne family ko komo ka kam karne kay liyeeeeee chor dia 

matlab itna confusion kaiko hai anurag kay aspas with no justification 🤪

Edited by opsora2090 - 4 years ago