Does prerna actually never think about her self respect

surbhi1995 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I use subject as prerna only neither Sharma nor Basu nor bjaj.as I just want to put my analysis on prerna as a character.

Things which I am going to discuss is prerna actually have no self respect or someone really need to teach her self respect.

Since start of show we have seen a girl who is chirpy,bubbly and full of life.But if someone tried to degrade her family then she know how to give it back.example-1)when nivi tried to insult her family in her engagement with Navin babu.

2)when her wedding broke and mohini insulted Verma's upbringing.

3) office track when she came to took file from basubadi.

4)whole komo1 track,she never took anything but always gave it back to people.

She never need anurag or anyone to support her in her fight.

People says she accepted anurag after he humiliated her in that party.I actually loathes that scene.But when I look at anupre relationship,I realised they are their world to eachother.so for pre it was anu's act only.she give a damn to the world.so when she realised anurag never meant those things,she forgave him.

In bjaj1 track-people say bjaj taught pre about self respect, I failed to understand like exactly how.

Becoz if I look at hospital scene when mohini was talking nonsense,pre was quite.Reason for that according to me was:-

1) pre was guilty as she was blaming herself for accident

2) her main concern was anurag who was on death bed.

Even she used to stay quite at that time bcoz she felt everyone were right.Reason being she did not want to tell anyone about actual reason for her betral.she wanted them to hate her so anurag can move on.It was not due to her low self esteem or low self respect.

Also after end of bjaj track when anurag was missing after the accident.she used to do household work.she used to believe in sindoor and manglasutra which anurag gave her.so she used to work in her own home.was she debuda by doing that.did she not had any self respect.how come by doing household work of our own home one can become servant.i believe its an individual choice.

Entire memoryloss track,she stood up for herself every time when it was necessary.

So I never felt that prerna is doormat or weak or having low self esteem.i feel she is a very strong person.she is very emotional but she do value her self respect.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SanzBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Self respect is somewhere related to self love.. And Prerna never loved herself, her whole existence was only for Anurag and that was really abnormal for me to digest.. 

The way she took all those vile insult from Anurag's mother and sister is just insane. Also her 24/7 Anurag chants were so not relatable. 

Prerna's character sketch is just not my cup of tea.. Also in this revenge track she is daydreaming of dancing with her and her daughter's murderer ๐Ÿ˜‚ like really ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

What a character ๐Ÿ‘Ž

-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by -RD- - 4 years ago
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

๐Ÿ˜† No one questioned how Prerna fights for her family (and by that, I meant Basus and Anurag, cuz I dont see her considering Sharmas as her family). She can die for them because she 'lauuuus' Anurag๐Ÿ˜†

Self respect is respect for one's own self. She takes all jibes/insults/craps on herself without a toss like a bimbo. And that, my friend, is called lacking self worth or self respect. 

And if in real life, I see this Prerna2.0 around me, I'd knock some sense into her to drop such meaningless 'soul-love' relationship right there and run for life, because at the end of the day, if one cannot love and respect oneself, one cannot love anyone else. That's the fact. If one always lets go of one's own self respect to accommodate 'lau', that's a relationship of pity, where the girl would be indebted to the guy for 'lau'ing her so much when she herself doesn't consider her worth of that. ๐Ÿ˜ณ It becomes an unequal relationship with no balance, a relationship where one's personality dominates the other's which is the case of AnuPre here as well. 

Prerna2.0 is wayyy above Anurag's league and should remain so. Even if they get together, this time it will again not last long, because Anurag will not know how to handle a strong woman, as he never did or could which is quite visible with Komo/Mohini/Nivi. He cannot handle ANY strong woman. ๐Ÿ˜†

Soanz.19 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

You wanted to talk about Prerna and self respect but have ended up writing about how her actions for Anurag and Basu's are correct and how wrong Bajaj was to take a stand for her during their brief marriage๐Ÿ˜†

Zaalima_5 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Soanz.19

You wanted to talk about Prerna and self respect but have ended up writing about how her actions for Anurag and Basu's are correct and how wrong Bajaj was to take a stand for her during their brief marriage๐Ÿ˜†

Exactly.. ๐Ÿคฃ

vena.cava. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

I donโ€™t understand ... you managed to highlight exactly why Prerna has no self-respect but ended up painting that as a good thing? Iโ€™m confused 

munnihyderabad thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Prerna, time and again, fighting for and saving Basus and her lover Anurag, against the likes of Komolika,  despite all humiliations and insults thrown at her, by the very same ppl,  precisely proves a point as why she is exponentially low on self esteem and having zilch self respect . 

Edited by munnihyderabad - 4 years ago
DoNotMessWithMe thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

You are contradicting your own topic title with your post. 

Asya99 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

From the way you said prena has respect for her family and upbringing but doesn't have self respect . if a person has  self respect they  never stay low when they get insulted again and again.

Edited by Asya99 - 4 years ago