Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

It's obvious that Kriti worked hard for Panipat. Her expressions,gestures everything conveyed her emotions. Especially the part where she's insecure 'What if her husband brings back another woman like the men in his family?"  But Kriti didn't quite have the grace to carry off a sari properly -especially worn the Maratha style. Her movements were more free? modern?By contrast compare it with the scene while Padmini Kolhapore talks to her husband while taking off her shawl and ornaments in front of the mirror.Very natural and graceful.

Shailesh_Rathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

It's obvious that Kriti worked hard for Panipat. Her expressions,gestures everything conveyed her emotions. Especially the part where she's insecure 'What if her husband brings back another woman like the men in his family?"  But Kriti didn't quite have the grace to carry off a sari properly -especially worn the Maratha style. Her movements were more free? modern?By contrast compare it with the scene while Padmini Kolhapore talks to her husband while taking off her shawl and ornaments in front of the mirror.Very natural and graceful.

Kriti likes to show off her waist in every movie, this one was no exception smiley36.  Even Kriti-Arjun interactions were more contemporary

for the 17th-18th century.

I remember thinking the same thing when I saw the younger Vishwas's wife and Padmini being dressed the Maratha style, unlike Kriti.  She did struggle with the body language a bit, due to her lean frame.

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Kriti was 2nd best thing about Panipat. 1st being the screenplay and history being the focus of the movie. 

Panipat goes into one of the very well made historicals. 

Arjun did bring lot of scenes down but I can ignore that. While he wasn’t anything stellar, he didn’t annoy me either. I can just pass him. Sanju was same ole menacing so ain’t gonna give him any points for that. Did ok given his part. 

Kriti’s Marathi was more precise than Arjun’s. I enjoyed the movie. Props to Ashutosh. Very well researched and directed. 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

That's like 10 more people than you would have expected to have seen Panipat 😆

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I'm a huge fan of Kriti Sanon. Yes she was amazing in Panipat. I've been saying for years, this girl is talented. Not to mention she's gorgeous. But honestly, in my opinion, Alia was better than her in Kalank. Even though Kalank as a movie was a disaster, and even her character was not very well written. The emotions Alia exerts, especially when she breaks down during Tabaah Ho Gaye is the winning scene for me. Kriti faltered slightly in that her demeanour and body language was still somewhat "modern" as opposed to centuries old. Alia hit every note, despite the script letting her down.

Edited by Rekha_ji - 4 years ago
I_M_SultaN thumbnail

after monish behl it was kriti who stand out 

dutt was goood too

n also very underrated movie better then other period war films

Kalank may have been a bad product but that doesn’t take it away from Alia being a better actress than Kriti, though I agree Kriti was the only good thing about Panipat!

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Kalank may have been a bad product but that doesn’t take it away from Alia being a better actress than Kriti, though I agree Kriti was the only good thing about Panipat!

but the point is alia is not a better actress. If she couldnt be convincing in a kalank, she would never be convincing in a role like Panipat.

Kriti is the better actress in this genre. 

She has to still prove herself in other genres that alia has been successful at.

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

I'm a huge fan of Kriti Sanon. Yes she was amazing in Panipat. I've been saying for years, this girl is talented. Not to mention she's gorgeous. But honestly, in my opinion, Alia was better than her in Kalank. Even though Kalank as a movie was a disaster, and even her character was not very well written. The emotions Alia exerts, especially when she breaks down during Tabaah Ho Gaye is the winning scene for me. Kriti faltered slightly in that her demeanour and body language was still somewhat "modern" as opposed to centuries old. Alia hit every note, despite the script letting her down.

ehh I disagree with that. but everyone has their own perspective on what good acting is 

Originally posted by: vsbarry

but the point is alia is not a better actress. If she couldnt be convincing in a kalank, she would never be convincing in a role like Panipat.

Kriti is the better actress in this genre. 

She has to still prove herself in other genres that alia has been successful at.

I thought she was as convincing in Kalanak as Kriti could be in Panipat....On what basis you have decided Kriti was a better actress in this genre? If anything, both of them have yet to prove their calibre in this genre! Because at the end of the day Panipat is as failed a movie as Kalank!