Nia- My point of view.

tonyshalhoubfan thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I have read many opinions about Nia's entitlement and spoiled kid etc etc. I have slightly different view. When a kid grows up as an only child and without a mother, is very independent thanks to her father, but is very emotional as a person as you start defining yourself with the relationship you have in your life. Be it your father or work, which she puts her heart out. It is ok that she cannot see the good in Kabir, it is ok that she knows that he is not completely wrong but doesn't want to accept it. How many of us are stubborn and act stubborn just to prove our points in our lives? 

Is she being professional? No. But she can be the person she is and that's ok. After all we love the series because of its depiction of flaws and not the rosy pictures painted by most tv serials. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sakurablossom thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tonyshalhoubfan

I have read many opinions about Nia's entitlement and spoiled kid etc etc. I have slightly different view. When a kid grows up as an only child and without a mother, is very independent thanks to her father, but is very emotional as a person as you start defining yourself with the relationship you have in your life. Be it your father or work, which she puts her heart out. It is ok that she cannot see the good in Kabir, it is ok that she knows that he is not completely wrong but doesn't want to accept it. How many of us are stubborn and act stubborn just to prove our points in our lives? 

Is she being professional? No. But she can be the person she is and that's ok. After all we love the series because of its depiction of flaws and not the rosy pictures painted by most tv serials. 

Yeah, Niya is what she is. That is fine. But when writers depict a flawed character, they should strike a balance with the outcomes of such flaws. Niya can behave impulsively- and that can result in loss of a job, and even loss of friends. So picturization should be such that viewers can understand that Niya did lose something because of that flaw.  Characters can't be flawed and yet get everything turn out in favour of them without any introspection and personal growth.

And Niya Kabir friendship is actually jeopardizing but all of that is overshadowed by lack of awareness/willingness by Niya and constant encouragement of such decision by kajal.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Sakurablossom

Yeah, Niya is what she is. That is fine. But when writers depict a flawed character, they should strike a balance with the outcomes of such flaws. Niya can behave impulsively- and that can result in loss of a job, and even loss of friends. So picturization should be such that viewers can understand that Niya did lose something because of that flaw.  Characters can't be flawed and yet get everything turn out in favour of them without any introspection and personal growth.

And Niya Kabir friendship is actually jeopardizing but all of that is overshadowed by lack of awareness/willingness by Niya and constant encouragement of such decision by kajal.

Niya did lose her job and her friends. She did lose out against We net on working with that lady.

Kajal told her to talk to Kabir..even if it was for the sake of her dad

Sakurablossom thumbnail

Originally posted by: niyati13

Niya did lose her job and her friends. She did lose out against We net on working with that lady.

Kajal told her to talk to Kabir..even if it was for the sake of her dad

Yeah. But all of that is overshadowed by the fact that kajal quits her job to show solidarity- a big wtf moment and then niya's lecture when swara chooses WeNet's offer over niya's offer. 

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Yeah Nias story line was mishandled 

I believe Kajal angle was added in last minute because Randeep was written out of the show all of a sudden 

it’s too bad audience didn’t give Randeep a chance ...I thought he was quite cute and liked his playful smirk ..he also didn’t let Nia or Amber get away with talking shit. The contrast between Kabir and Randeep brought interest in the show. CV ruined it 

ronshaan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Nia is not bad girl, nor spoiled, she has MIXED personal life and professional Life.

You can not do that, if you want to be successful in life you have to keep both in their places, when you go home, you at home, not working, when you at work, forget home- do your work, Ambar sharma is used to idea of being taken care of, Nia leave job any moment she wants  just to go home any time, normally from where she works and when she lives it must be 1 hr or more, but she does that anytime she wants, You can not do that. 

If she wants to be successful, she had to let her dad grow up and manage himself, he is nto a kid, she is letting him think like she is his mom and she has to protect him all the time, let him be let him fall, even parents leave their kids and go to work- they do manage them but from office and not leave office every now and then just to see what their kids are up to.

what will she do when she be married woman?

what if she marry Ranbir and they do business together and they fail, will she leave him because of that? work is work, kabir has done his duty, it was her who felt "main jo bhi karu woh dekh lega" who are you? are you the big boss.

And in this TV world, She will become a very successful woman in NO TIME. 

people who think it will happen to them if they do same as Nia. WAKE up it doesnt happen in ONE DAY. 

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

IMO, Nia is being too emotional in taking professional decisions. That's fine cause that's how she is. But constantly putting the blame on Kabir and expecting him to do the same - is wrong. 

And I completely agree with the fact that they should totally show the repercussions of taking blunt decisions in life. You can't really get away with something of this level, can you?😆

DiscoDhokla thumbnail

Is Randeep no longer a part of the show? 

Sakurablossom thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiscoDhokla

Is Randeep no longer a part of the show? 

No. 

ShinyMishka thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

While I like Kabir, I don't think he should try to persue a relationship with Nia right now. Her behavior towards Kabir is not acceptable. Nia isn't the only one in the world to have self-respect, Kabir is a person too. Nia needs to introspect and change herself to succeed, whether it's in business or relationships. Kabir may overlook her immaturity (though he shouldn't) but the corporate world won't. Right now, I'd rather they focus on business track for Nia than romance track. Kabir is one of the few sensible people in Nia's life. If she values Kabir at all, she will stop disrespecting him and salvage their friendship.