It just came a whole Circle!

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 years ago

Okay, so let's see this:

There is the show called Patiala Babes on Sony, which used to focus on this whole mother's emancipation from society story (now it's entirely something else) and Star Jalsha picked it up for its Bengali adaption -> Sreemoyee (with no credits, hun). πŸ˜†

Then, as per Wiki, the remakes followed:

Kannada               Inthi Nimma Asha

Malayalam           Kudumbavilakku

Marathi                 Aai Kuthe Kay Karte

Tamil                     Bhagyalakshmi

and now it's all set as Star Plus' mega Anupamaa!

What baffles me is that why on earth no one gets the point called a dub!

*ching* *ching* cash I suppose. 🐷smiley30smiley30

All in all, I hope the vamp here will be different from the Bengali one, cause, if she's not honey, we're in for some serious Daayan screeches. 🀣

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ruhi.007 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Any idea when this is starting?

wayward thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ruhi.007

Any idea when this is starting?

16th March. :)

YHCstan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: proteeti

Okay, so let's see this:

There is the show called Patiala Babes on Sony, which used to focus on this whole mother's emancipation from society story (now it's entirely something else) and Star Jalsha picked it up for its Bengali adaption -> Sreemoyee (with no credits, hun). πŸ˜†

All in all, I hope the vamp here will be different from the Bengali one, cause, if she's not honey, we're in for some serious Daayan screeches. 🀣

This show is not related to Patiala Babes at all. This show is about how the family doesn’t care much for this woman who runs the house. This show is entirely different. I think it is more on the lines of Ekk Nayi Pehchaan which was about bahu empowering the saas by teaching her or something.

wayward thumbnail

^I thought due to the time of their release, and the similarity of the concept, at that time it did look pretty similar: the same, a housewife is betrayed by her husband and her children take her out of that situation and she finds new love...that's why. 😳

Also I haven't seen Ekk Nayi Pehchan, so I don't have an opinion there. 😳

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: YHCstan

This show is not related to Patiala Babes at all. This show is about how the family doesn’t care much for this woman who runs the house. This show is entirely different. I think it is more on the lines of Ekk Nayi Pehchaan which was about bahu empowering the saas by teaching her or something.

Ek Nayi Pehchan was quite similar. Except there none of the children had any respect for the mother because of their upbringing. It took her bahu to bring sense into the entire family. Here, it seems based on promos, that at least one of the sons cares about his mother and wants her to succeed in life.

AeDilHaiMushkil thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: proteeti

Okay, so let's see this:

I watch the Marathi version - Aai kuthe kaay karte, sometimes with my mother. And this show has several overlaps with that one. Waay too many. 

The other woman there is an ambitious, suave, career-oriented, educated colleague who is also a single parent. 

Koeli thumbnail

I think it is the Hindi version of sreemoyee

wayward thumbnail

Yup it is. 😳

My point in the 1st post was ke, where is Sreemoyee coming from. Primarily I though Patiala Babes, but then I went and checked out Ekk Nayi Pehchan, and that is pretty similar too!

So, I guess it's a whole khichdi too.

This whole trope of upliftment of housewives started from Sridevi's English Vinglish. It just set in motion a number of adaptions.

Lets wait and see though how Anupamaa adds her own touch to this concept! ❀️

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

I just hope it doesn't follow the PB route *fingers crossed*